Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Have a nephew in Dublin...twice now he has gone to Croke Park for testing and has been told there was no testing kits first time out, and it was all just closed up completely yesterday.

Have a friend of the family waiting 9 days for the results of a test too.

Anybody else hearing these alarming stories?

Great example of scaremongering.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Randy Archer

blanch152 wrote: »
    You won't see those headlines, because nothing like what happens in Sinn Fein happens in other parties.

Hmm, well, it doesn’t happen now. It was pretty nasty in the 1980s and early 1990s in Fianna Fáil . But it seems like school yard stuff compared to the allegations raised by ex sf councillors

• Registered Users Posts: 27,463 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Ballso wrote: »
    Is this meant to be ironic? You literally sit on these threads all day every day responding to every post which is critical of Sinn Fein. It's pretty sad tbh.

Ah here, he does miss the occasional one.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,181 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Still waiting ? Do you have reading and comprehension problems like Runaway too ?

That was answered immediately, but as expected you went into radio silence thereafter !

It was pointed out to you

1. A whole 4 part documentary from 2005 on CJ Haughey on this very type of behaviour .

2. It was pointed out to you the specific case of Mary Fitzpatrick of FF with her dealings with Bertie Ahern , his brothers and his mafia in Drumcondra . Scroll through the Indo and Evening Herald, Madam Mary was quiet vocal about her problems at the time

It’s just not the same as kangaroo courts , actual assaults with evidence of same

But hey, why bother with facts ,eh ?

Radio silence?

I think I answered you on those spurious examples...which are NOT sensational newspaper headlines.

Here's what you get if you google some of the terms: Mary Fitzparick, Bertie Ahern, Bullying -

https://www.google.com/search?q=mary+fitzpatrick%2C+bertie+ahern%2C+bullying&oq=MAry+&aqs=chrome.0.69i59l3j69i57j46j69i60j69i61l2.3779j0j9&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Speaks for itself how that one was covered by the media.

Google Bullying In Sinn Fein

Headline after headline.

Yet not a mention of any of them since. If you are naive and stupid enough to fall for what was going on, then that is your problem.
    The same stunts were tried in the election campaign but as everyone could see the eltorate have had more than enough of it and are ignoring it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

Mary-Lou is very effective as a mouthpiece for a soundbite. Other than that, she has never shown any capabilities in her career as a TD.

She would be an absolute disaster as Taoiseach in a crisis, the country narrowly escaped a complete disaster.

I wasn’t even talking about that blanch.

the DUP and SF are working together and from the same page in NI

Leo *still* throwing a tantrum and refusing to work with SF

That’ll just show how unfit for leadership he is in many ways. And it’s among many things that will come back to haunt him.
    He’s about to have to eat a shop full of hats anyways I reckon. We’re getting a national government in all likelihood.

• Advertisement

Scaremongering?

Croke was closed for testing as they ran out of kits. No 'mongering' in the truth lad!

Hmm, well, it doesn’t happen now. It was pretty nasty in the 1980s and early 1990s in Fianna Fáil . But it seems like school yard stuff compared to the allegations raised by ex sf councillors

Exactly, just to give a few examples:

(1) A SF councillor and his father tying up a man in a garage over money
    (2) The Kingsmill bread incident involving a councillor
    (3) The councillor from Tallaght with his racist and misogynist comments.
    (4) Convicted thugs as TDs
    (5) A convicted gun-runner as TD

I don't see anything similar in modern times from any other political party.

(Before someone raises Michael Collins, that isn't modern times)

No there’s multiple reports online today of no test kits at croke park

You really need to drop the defend FG at all costs line and maybe check before you leap to their defense.

Scaremongering?

Croke was closed for testing as they ran out of kits. No 'mongering' in the truth lad!

Of course it was scaremongering. Oh, how alarming. FFS, give it a rest.

Runaways wrote: »
    I wasn’t even talking about that blanch.

the DUP and SF are working together and from the same page in NI

Leo *still* throwing a tantrum and refusing to work with SF

That’ll just show how unfit for leadership he is in many ways. And it’s among many things that will come back to haunt him.
    He’s about to have to eat a shop full of hats anyways I reckon. We’re getting a national government in all likelihood.

Everybody is refusing to work with Sinn Fein. It is on Sinn Fein that they haven't been able to persuade people that the IRA Army Council is in the past, that they haven't been able to persuade people that they are a party of government now, not on anybody else.

You make them sound like the child running to Mammy complaining that the big boys won't play with me.

• Advertisement

No there’s multiple reports online today of no test kits at croke park

You really need to drop the defend FG at all costs line and maybe check before you leap to their defense.

And do the reports use emotive language like ‘alarming’? Nothing more than scaremongering from Francie. Shameful.

Scaremongering?

It was Pairc Ui Chaoimh, you need to work on which GAA ground is which.

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/0330/1127266-coronavirus-covid19/

Everybody is refusing to work with Sinn Fein. It is on Sinn Fein that they haven't been able to persuade people that the IRA Army Council is in the past, that they haven't been able to persuade people that they are a party of government now, not on anybody else.

You make them sound like the child running to Mammy complaining that the big boys won't play with me.

That’s exactly what it is though.
    He’s the one appearing childish here nobody else.

Your very own greenshave snookered him by saying they’ll only enter a unity government. With all parties.

That’s gotta rankle eh?

Of course it was scaremongering. Oh, how alarming. FFS, give it a rest.

How can the truth be scaremongering Rodney?

Quit fulminating for a mo, and actually explain what you are on about?

It was Pairc Ui Chaoimh, you need to work on which GAA ground is which.

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/0330/1127266-coronavirus-covid19/

Both of them closed...even worse planning.

https://twitter.com/GarNob/status/1244396629823758344

Radio silence?

I think I answered you on those spurious examples...which are NOT sensational newspaper headlines.

Here's what you get if you google some of the terms: Mary Fitzparick, Bertie Ahern, Bullying -

https://www.google.com/search?q=mary+fitzpatrick%2C+bertie+ahern%2C+bullying&oq=MAry+&aqs=chrome.0.69i59l3j69i57j46j69i60j69i61l2.3779j0j9&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Speaks for itself how that one was covered by the media.

Google Bullying In Sinn Fein

Headline after headline.

Yet not a mention of any of them since. If you are naive and stupid enough to fall for what was going on, then that is your problem.
    The same stunts were tried in the election campaign but as everyone could see the eltorate have had more than enough of it and are ignoring it.

Spurious examples ? What , defamation is Spurious now ?

Well, when said councillor has received death threats or was actually assaulted ....how is that sensationalised by the media ? The other parties aren’t the ones still suspected with links to Paras

Kinda hard to ignore well over 30 cases of councillors all being forced to leave the party just before elections..But in your books, it is sensational headlines

Oh dear, Ladies and Gentlemen, a prime example of your grassroots SF supporter

What’s going on ? You clearly deny the existence of these problems and you seek to want to brush it under the carpet . Unfortunately for you, people like me and others saw it with our own eyes how SF councillors were treated by their so called colleagues !

You continue to deny and pretend that it doesn’t exist ,sure ye spent decades pretending a Jarry wasn’t in the RA ... hasn’t done he any harm ,

Least any doubt as to the character of your typical SF supporters ,is now removed . Thanks Francie

That’s exactly what it is though.
    He’s the one appearing childish here nobody else.

Your very own green have snookered him by swing they’ll only enter a unity government. With all parties.

That’s gotta rankle eh?

Careful reading of what the Greens have said is that they want to explore the possibility of a national government first. They haven't said what they will do when that inevitably fails.

How can the truth be scaremongering Rodney?

Quit fulminating for a mo, and actually explain what you are on about?

Does ‘the truth’ involve use of the work ‘alarming’?

Of course it was scaremongering.

Both of them closed...even worse planning.

https://twitter.com/GarNob/status/1244396629823758344

Who is Gareth Noble?

Since when did random gibberish from people on Twitter become established facts?

Does ‘the truth’ involve use of the work ‘alarming’?

Of course it was scaremongering.

No, the word alarming is mine. I am alarmed that a member of my family has gone twice to be tested and can't get one.

I was asking had anyone else had experience of this.

I am 'alarmed' that we may once again be being told fairy stories by a party that invests significant amounts of money in PR and gilding lilies.

Fair enough question to ask on a relevant thread, no?

• Advertisement

Who is Gareth Noble?

Since when did random gibberish from people on Twitter become established facts?

A well respected solicitor and I believe does work for Mary Lou . Seen with SF during the election counts - all parties have lawyers with them at these counts to ensure fair procedures etc

To be fair , he tends to be pretty informed

People do have a right to know the truth

Spurious examples ? What , defamation is Spurious now ?

Well, when said councillor has received death threats or was actually assaulted ....how is that sensationalised by the media ? The other parties aren’t the ones still suspected with links to Paras

Kinda hard to ignore well over 30 cases of councillors all being forced to leave the party just before elections..But in your books, it is sensational headlines

Oh dear, Ladies and Gentlemen, a prime example of your grassroots SF supporter

What’s going on ? You clearly deny the existence of these problems and you seek to want to brush it under the carpet . Unfortunately for you, people like me and others saw it with our own eyes how SF councillors were treated by their so called colleagues !

You continue to deny and pretend that it doesn’t exist ,sure ye spent decades pretending a Jarry wasn’t in the RA ... hasn’t done he any harm ,

Least any doubt as to the character of your typical SF supporters ,is now removed . Thanks Francie

So you can't show headline after headline after headline about bullying in FF and FG. Good to clear that up.

I have consistently said on here that 'allegations' are not enough to hang anybody on.

If there are proven cases of bullying...fair enough, bullying happens.

Is it endemic in any party...I doubt it, just as Hughie McElvaney's corruption and the others exposed in FG does not neccessarily mean corruption is endemic in it.

No, the word alarming is mine. I am alarmed that a member of my family has gone twice to be tested and can't get one.

I was asking had anyone else had experience of this.

I am 'alarmed' that we may once again be being told fairy stories by a party that invests significant amounts of money in PR and gilding lilies.

Fair enough question to ask on a relevant thread, no?

You clearly added the scaremongering.

Have a nephew in Dublin...twice now he has gone to Croke Park for testing and has been told there was no testing kits first time out, and it was all just closed up completely yesterday.

Have a friend of the family waiting 9 days for the results of a test too.

Anybody else hearing these alarming stories?

No. A relative who was tested in Clonmel had her results the following day. Good news, thankfully.

A well respected solicitor and I believe does work for Mary Lou . Seen with SF during the election counts - all parties have lawyers with them at these counts to ensure fair procedures etc

To be fair , he tends to be pretty informed

People do have a right to know the truth

Let’s wait until we hear it from an impartial source then.

You clearly added the scaremongering.

Is running out of test kits not an alarming issue for you Rodney?...especially as we are being told that all is good.

Social media and my personal experience is that people are being made to wait inordinate amounts of time for results of tests...which has to mean issues with contact tracing too.

Alarmed? Seriously worried that we are covering up serious issues here.

Is running out of test kits not an alarming issue for you Rodney?...especially as we are being told that all is good.

Social media and my personal experience is that people are being made to wait inordinate amounts of time for results of tests...which has to mean issues with contact tracing too.

Alarmed? Seriously worried that we are covering up serious issues here.

Keep digging.

Keep digging.

Keep deflecting.

It is a cause of great concern there are no test kits available at centers.

And I’m sure the powers that be are scrambling to remedy that before it reaches the public and media’s ears.

It’s already all over Facebook though.

Genie is out of that bottle.

Bots are not self aware, thankfully, so they cannot see the irony.

Speaking of irony

https://twitter.com/dazgarda/status/1244564482321514497?s=21

• Advertisement

So you can't show headline after headline after headline about bullying in FF and FG. Good to clear that up.

I have consistently said on here that 'allegations' are not enough to hang anybody on.

If there are proven cases of bullying...fair enough, bullying happens.

Is it endemic in any party...I doubt it, just as Hughie McElvaney's corruption and the others exposed in FG does not neccessarily mean corruption is endemic in it.

You have been shown the Mary Fitzpatrick case . You have been invited to refer to the previous editions of the evening herald and the Indo. You are more than welcome to google it yourself

You have been referred to the Haughey documentaries ,which. Unless you had your head up your arse during the 1980s ,the media was all about the toxic pity of CJ

When party members are not being subjected to kangaroo courts, they are not being assaulted by their fellow party members and they are not being defamed and undermined by said party members, what headlines are there ?

What headlines can be made when members are not leaving their party in droves like what happened in SF before the local elections ?

It just doesn’t happen in the other parties . If it doesn’t happen, it doesn’t make the papers

Assaults , abusive mail and death threats don’t happen in other parties

You are embarrassing yourself son ! Your party are full of scum bags who still think they can behave like they did while in the Provos up North. You are complaining when they behave like scumbags ,this gets reported on

But sure, you deny it has happened ,and where you can’t possibly deny it you seek to “victim blame” (waffling about egos etc - everyone can read what he said in full on the other thread ) and under play the seriousness of it .

Ha ha ha .whataboutry at its finest

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement