Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Runaways wrote: »
    I’ll ask again. Cos you provide any evidence to the contrary? You know what she *would* have done?
    Enlighten and astound us oh madame mysterio with your powers of clairvoyance

**the continual grasping at any straw to whip Mary lou gets more and more desperate as evidenced by Rodney and pals

You made the initial claim. I’m happy for you
    to withdraw it if you can’t back it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Randy Archer

I hate to tell the FGers that once the 'blitz' spirit wears off the cold hard realities are not going to be nice for FG.

Why? Because the cold harsh realities of what we are in is not going to be nice.

That can be said for every party. We have a recession coming and Brexit hasn’t gone away . Could see FG being happy enough to crawl back to the opposition benches for 2-3 years ...there will be another election or two by then ..

You aren’t very good at this, Runaways. Time for another of your runaways as you are clearly out of your depth. Just like your heroine.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

No, like most threads it is a record of evolving times.

Just because you might want to wipe elements of the past doesn't mean we all want to.

Good man, Francis. Useful to know the next time someone points out that SF is the political wing of a terrorist organisation who shot people based on their religion, and planted bombs in shopping centres.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Ballso

I think we’ll all come to regret not locking down sooner personally. And I can see that very thing being the stick Leo is bashed with by all sides and the media in the coming months.

Of course. I'm sure you've loads of experience modelling infectious outbreaks and we should all be listening to you instead of the HSE.

• Advertisement

Good man, Francis. Useful to know the next time someone points out that SF is the political wing of a terrorist organisation who shot people based on their religion, and planted bombs in shopping centres.

Are you implying that the IRA were sectarian? No no, they killed people regardless of religion, or at least that’s what one of the SF bots was claiming last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,337 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

There is no danger of that being forgotten by some Johnny. And nobody denies that we had a conflict/war on this island that involved a lot more than SF.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Are you implying that the IRA were sectarian? No no, they killed people regardless of religion, or at least that’s what one of the SF bots was claiming last week.

I think the official line they like to spin is that they weren’t sectarian, and any incidents of it were either ‘unfortunate’ or ‘carried out locally’. They did murder more Catholics than even the UVF so perhaps they were just murderers as opposed to being sectarian murderers.

Weekend homework for FG.

MUST DEFLECT THREADS THAT ARE CRITICAL OF FG

Weekend homework for FG.

Is this meant to be ironic? You literally sit on these threads all day every day responding to every post which is critical of Sinn Fein. It's pretty sad tbh.

• Advertisement

Quare bang of desperation off of FF and FG,who gave last month sneering at mary-lou mcdonald for failing to form a government and now realise greens wont bend over and supply soap to em

Looks like we're heading for another election (either this or varadkar and martin will be eating,quite alot of humble pie and going for a national government)

Ballso wrote: »
    Is this meant to be ironic? You literally sit on these threads all day every day responding to every post which is critical of Sinn Fein. It's pretty sad tbh.

I don't actually...but don't let that stop you.

And any thread I take part in I do not spend my time trying to deflect away from the topic at hand.

I don't actually...but don't let that stop you.

And any thread I take part in I do not spend my time trying to deflect away from the topic at hand.

https://touch.boards.ie/search/?userid=372186&sort=newest

Ok Francie.

You were going to show where I 'respond to every post that is criticial of SF'.

But no criticism for the tag team that just tried to drag the thread into a discussion of a conflict that is over for over 20 years.

Good one Ballso! :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭KiKi III

Weekend homework for FG.

If that isn’t the pot calling the kettle black.

Weekend homework for FG.

Irony . Love it

Says the man ,when shown specific examples of cases where sf councillors were bullied out of SF ,goes waffling about egos and personality clashes and pointing out it happens in other parties ,yet no evidence as to the level that these allegations reached. Then cries about the media attention only for it to be pointed out with specific cases that said media attention was no different to what other parties got ......deflections all to try to deny its existence and to deflect

Says a lad supporting a party that are No 1 All Ireland Champions in Whataboutry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

You were going to show where I 'respond to every post that is criticial of SF'.

But no criticism for the tag team that just tried to drag the thread into a discussion of a conflict that is over for over 20 years.

Good one Ballso! :):)

I presume your a member of SF.

Do they pay people to keep posting online ?

Have a nephew in Dublin...twice now he has gone to Croke Park for testing and has been told there was no testing kits first time out, and it was all just closed up completely yesterday.

Have a friend of the family waiting 9 days for the results of a test too.

Anybody else hearing these alarming stories?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

Look at that.

I’m sure you’ll find a way to blame SF on this not happening earlier like it should have. (It was the DUP refusing an all island approach before you try)

https://twitter.com/endamcclafferty/status/1244544039468310528?s=21

Irony . Love it

Says the man ,when shown specific examples of cases where sf councillors were bullied out of SF ,goes waffling about egos and personality clashes and pointing out it happens in other parties ,yet no evidence as to the level that these allegations reached. Then cries about the media attention only for it to be pointed out with specific cases that said media attention was no different to what other parties got ......deflections all to try to deny its existence and to deflect

Says a lad supporting a party that are No 1 All Ireland Champions in Whataboutry

Still waiting for those sensational 'bullying in FG/FF' headlines in edition after edition of our news media.

Whenever you are ready.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,302 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Still waiting for those sensational 'bullying in FG/FF' headlines in edition after edition of our news media.

Whenever you are ready.

You won't see those headlines, because nothing like what happens in Sinn Fein happens in other parties.

Bots are not self aware, thankfully, so they cannot see the irony.

blanch152 wrote: »
    You won't see those headlines, because nothing like what happens in Sinn Fein happens in other parties.

It happened in waterford last year??

https://www.google.com/amp/s/extra.ie/2019/06/30/news/politics/fine-gael-rattled-by-bullying-amid-allegations-of-intimidation-and-verbal-abuse/amp

(May explain why FG members were out canvassing for an IND last election there)
    Mr Deasy told Extra.ie that there have been serious incidents in the Fine Gael Waterford organisation for two decades. ‘I and my supporters have been dealing with this for 20 years,’ he said, ‘my dad was dealing with this behaviour himself.’

Article also. Includes severl nationwide examples

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Quare bang of desperation off of FF and FG,who gave last month sneering at mary-lou mcdonald for failing to form a government and now realise greens wont bend over and supply soap to em

Looks like we're heading for another election (either this or varadkar and martin will be eating,quite alot of humble pie and going for a national government)

Another election world be great. How will SF manage without fake promises of free houses and having to rebuild the economy?

Another election world be great. How will SF manage without fake promises of free houses and having to rebuild the economy?

Certainly would be interesting alright....they seem to be still climbing in polls (tbh this just highlights how out of touch/entrenched many on boards are)

Id be suprised if FG didnt grasp for another election strqight after this,they prob never poll aswell again

blanch152 wrote: »

Is this going to be like that time you claimed there was no corruption in FG because Hughie McElvaney was no longer a member? Or that there were no violent thugs because the guy that mashed a glass into someone's face had also left the party?

:):)

Deflect away lads...not going there. Let's stay on topic, it will be less embarrassing for you. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

It’s rather telling that O Neill and Foster can move beyond the petty orange an green of it all and work together and well in this crisis

And the FG faction here are still trying to make it political in a vain and rather frantically childish attempt to make it about SF.
    Still. In the early days of a crisis.

It’s something to see.

Certainly would be interesting alright....they seem to be still climbing in polls (tbh this just highlights how out of touch/entrenched many on boards are)

Id be suprised if FG didnt grasp for another election strqight after this,they prob never poll aswell again

It would clarify who FG intend to make pay this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,302 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

As is pointed out every three seconds here seemingly she’s never been Taoiseach. In the role you think she’d ignore all advice from heads of all departments and our CMO?
    Really? She’d be taking all their advice and making decisions based on best available evidence. That’s her job in the role. That’s what Leo’s been doing too. And Coveney and Harris from their department heads etc etc That’s how it works.

You’re saying she wouldn’t? Do you have anything to back this claim up?

Mary-Lou is very effective as a mouthpiece for a soundbite. Other than that, she has never shown any capabilities in her career as a TD.

She would be an absolute disaster as Taoiseach in a crisis, the country narrowly escaped a complete disaster.

• Advertisement

Whenever you are ready.

Still waiting ? Do you have reading and comprehension problems like Runaway too ?

That was answered immediately, but as expected you went into radio silence thereafter !

It was pointed out to you

1. A whole 4 part documentary from 2005 on CJ Haughey on this very type of behaviour .

2. It was pointed out to you the specific case of Mary Fitzpatrick of FF with her dealings with Bertie Ahern , his brothers and his mafia in Drumcondra . Scroll through the Indo and Evening Herald, Madam Mary was quiet vocal about her problems at the time

It’s just not the same as kangaroo courts , actual assaults with evidence of same

But hey, why bother with facts ,eh ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement