Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

J_1980 wrote: »
    Corona is like 9-11, Berlin Wall, Stalingrad, Versailles1918.....
    This time, It’s the victory of the authoritarian capitalist asian state and end of the liberal western welfare democracy :):)

You don't have a notion. You're one of the worst quality right-wing posters on boards. And that's an achievement.

And ditch the dozen smiley faces every post, it accentuates your gormlessness.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭J_1980

Yurt! wrote: »
    You don't have a notion. You're one of the worst quality right-wing posters on boards. And that's an achievement.

Haha I’m loving Corona.
    Corona virus, you’re my hero. Been waiting for this all my life :):):)
    Spain and Italy already squealing like pigs in the slaughter house. They know they have their comeuppance without hard earned German cash.
    End of the sponger welfare state :)

Mod

Banned

Haha I’m loving Corona.
    Spain and Italy already squealing like pigs in the slaughter house. They know they have their comeuppance without hard earned German cash.

Like I said. An extremely low quality poster. Nasty and dim is a bad combination.

Anyone taking joy from what two of Europe's great countries and cultures are going through is a sad sack of sh*t.

Yurt! wrote: »
    Like I said. An extremely low quality poster. Nasty and dim is a bad combination.

Anyone taking joy from what two of Europe's great countries and cultures are going through is a sad sack of sh*t.

There’s nothing great about a culture that steals 50+% of it’s citizens income and calls it fair and just.
    Such “culture” can happily die out.

There’s nothing great about a culture that steals 50+% of it’s citizens income and calls it fair and just.
    Such “culture” can happily die out.

You're a sad piece of work for your post about Spain and Italy.

You're 'political' stance would be look nasty and weak in normal times, in a crisis and accompanied by your disgraceful post above, it makes you look like a basement dwelling sociopath.

Seek help, you're not well. I'm sure those loved ones around you (if you have any) have already tried to tell you as much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭dh1985

Haha I’m loving Corona.

Dreadful post. Nothing cool about mocking the hardships of any victims of this virus. The germans may be a little quicker to the bargaining table this time around with there car manufacturers doors shut.

dh1985 wrote: »
    Dreadful post. Nothing cool about mocking the hardships of any victims of this virus. The germans may be a little quicker to the bargaining table this time around with there car manufacturers doors shut.

What’s the benefit for the German car industry of alimenting other countries? If anything they need the money themselves (not disagreeing with that).

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-health-coronavirus-germany-scholz/esm-not-eurobonds-is-the-mechanism-to-share-burden-german-finance-minister-idUKKBN21G0LN

Fresh news from today.
    Eurobonds never going to happen. No German party will commit such electoral suicide.
    The ESM has enough money (410bn).

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Granadino

Haha I’m loving Corona.

Shame on you , you scum. Mocking other people’s misfortune. I suppose you think Vox would have everything sorted in Spain?
    Maybe Covid 19 is waiting for you...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

Report and ignore

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Haha I’m loving Corona.

Mod

Disgusting comment to make, do not post in this thread again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭dh1985

What’s the benefit for the German car industry of alimenting other countries? If anything they need the money themselves (not disagreeing with that).

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-health-coronavirus-germany-scholz/esm-not-eurobonds-is-the-mechanism-to-share-burden-german-finance-minister-idUKKBN21G0LN

Fresh news from today.
    Eurobonds never going to happen. No German party will commit such electoral suicide.
    The ESM has enough money (410bn).

I know you cant reply but time will tell alot. The US a comparable market size, actually smaller than the EU has just agreed a stimulus package of 2 trillion USD and the ESM ar suppose to be well capitalised at 410 billion. Your figure,.haven't seen.it anywhere yet. The UK stimulus package alone is 350bn pounds.
    By my own admission i am not a financial expert but the eurozone economy has been stagnant for a decade due to the stranglehold by these northern Europeans whilst the American economy has thrive in that same time under a different approach. The german economy was as good as in recession at the end of last year only avoided by cooking the books.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,302 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Runaways wrote: »
    As would Martin or McDonald in his role.
    Something our naysayer pals here seem to be happy to willingly forget

Not a chance that Mary-Lou would be up to it. Never been a Minister, no experience, it would be like putting a first year undergraduate business student in charge of a bank. A recipe for complete disaster.

No point pretending otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,054 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

smurgen wrote: »
    But housing repossessions are up 75% last year. Surely that should see a fall in mortgage interest rates here?

They have actually fallen.

FG are still doing nothing, apart from leading the nation against the greatest health emergency since the state was founded..

What have the Romans ever done for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,337 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

markodaly wrote: »
    FG are still doing nothing, apart from leading the nation against the greatest health emergency since the state was founded..

What have the Romans ever done for us.

Another one ignoring the context of the OP...oh well. What can you do.

The OP was done months ago, dare I say it Francie, things have changed a little since then, have they not, thus the OP is entirely redundant.

The OP was done months ago, dare I say it Francie, things have changed a little since then, have they not, thus the OP is entirely redundant.

By jove I think he knew it already...just wanted to have a cheap shot at the OP. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭efanton

blanch152 wrote: »
    Not a chance that Mary-Lou would be up to it. Never been a Minister, no experience, it would be like putting a first year undergraduate business student in charge of a bank. A recipe for complete disaster.

That's a really silly argument to make.

It is like saying a candidate should never step forward for election to the Dail because they have never been a TD before, A TD should never be promoted to being a minister because they have never been a minister before.
    I assume you would agree these would be ridiculous arguments to make, but yet a TD of many years experience who is also leader of their party could not make the step up to becoming a Taoiseach is making the exact same argument.

Leadership is not knowing everything, most Managing Directors have no hands on experience of the primary function of their business, its more about good judgement, understanding how to get the best out of the resources available to them, and knowing which person or team of people to delegate tasks to that have the knowledge and expertise to carry that task out.
    a MD of and IT company is as likely to have an accountancy background as an IT background, yet you would agree that does not make them unsuitable for the leadership role in an IT company.

In fact the very worst person to put in such a powerful position would be the person that feels they know it all and will make decisions without consulting others that are experts in their field. Brian Cowen would be a great example of that, BIFFO almost destroyed this country through his arrogance and refusal to consult thoroughly with those who had the expertise before making such a calamitous decision.

A good Taoiseach will have a more general view of what they want to happen, be able to articulate that vision clearly and then entrust that work to those that have the expertise to carry that out, which generally would mean senior civil servants not their pals from a Galway tent or drinking buddies in the Dail bar.

I think Mary Lou has those qualities in spades, whether what policies she would want to implement were agreeable to you is down to your own political philosophy, but there's no doubt that the party discipline of SF is very much a product of her will power, and she is well able to debate and argue her corner clearly without getting rattled and changing her mind every second interview in the way that Michael Martin might.

Personally I think Leo Vandakar is a terrible choice for FG, I think Simon Coveney would be a far better leader.
    Michael Marin epitomises everything that is bad about Irish politics, slimy, indecisive and unable to articulate a clear vision.
    Unfortunately I dont think FF have someone that stands out as obvious leadership material.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

efanton wrote: »

It is like saying a candidate should never step forward for election to the Dail because they have never been a TD before, A TD should never be promoted to being a minister because they have never been a minister before.
    They have been making that point for a while now, I am pretty sure it has been repeated in some form every day or every second day for almost a month, and it is literally pointless highlighting it.
    By their logic, no other party should run for government, as that party have never ran the country before.. :confused:

Personally I think Leo Vandakar is a terrible choice for FG, I think Simon Coveney would be a far better leader.
    Michael Marin epitomises everything that is bad about Irish politics, slimy, indecisive and unable to articulate a clear vision.
    Unfortunately I dont think FF have someone that stands out as obvious leadership material.
    I'm not sure about Coveney, but Varadkar is terrible.

He was even a terrible health minister, and he's a qualified doctor.

If the damage he did to the party is forgotten about after this pandemic, then he got very lucky. But luck seems to follow him. Whether or not you believe in luck, he does not deserve to have ever been the leader of that party, let alone the country.

blanch152 wrote: »

Simon Harris and Eoghan Murphy were given the two most serious and in crisis briefs in the country.

What was their relevant experience and how have they managed things up to now?

• Advertisement

Think we’d all agree Coveney would have made and will make a far better Taoiseach. Better in just about every measurable way. Leo was always good for a sniping sounbyte about one of his colleagues in his time before Taoiseach. He was never off the radio or tv. He certainly wound his neck in and disappeared from view once in office.

Now just watch the responses to this. Everything I just said is true. But wait n watch the reaction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

As would ... McDonald in his role.

Do you have anything to back this claim up?

Do you have anything to back this claim up?

As is pointed out every three seconds here seemingly she’s never been Taoiseach. In the role you think she’d ignore all advice from heads of all departments and our CMO?
    Really? She’d be taking all their advice and making decisions based on best available evidence. That’s her job in the role. That’s what Leo’s been doing too. And Coveney and Harris from their department heads etc etc That’s how it works.

You’re saying she wouldn’t? Do you have anything to back this claim up?

By jove I think he knew it already...just wanted to have a cheap shot at the OP. :rolleyes:

So this thread is now entirely irrelevant. Thanks for agreeing.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Ballso

As is pointed out every three seconds here seemingly she’s never been Taoiseach. In the role you think she’d ignore all advice from heads of all departments and our CMO?
    Really? She’d be taking all their advice and making decisions based on best available evidence. That’s her job in the role. That’s what Leo’s been doing too. And Coveney and Harris from their department heads etc etc That’s how it works.

She's already ignoring the advice from from the experts, was calling for a completely different lockdown schedule than implemented last week. This is no time for cranks and contrarians to have a go at government.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

So it is a baseless claim.

So this thread is now entirely irrelevant. Thanks for agreeing.

No, like most threads it is a record of evolving times.

Just because you might want to wipe elements of the past doesn't mean we all want to.

Ballso wrote: »
    She's already ignoring the advice from from the experts, was calling for a completely different lockdown schedule than implemented last week. This is no time for cranks and contrarians to have a go at government.

I think we’ll all come to regret not locking down sooner personally. And I can see that very thing being the stick Leo is bashed with by all sides and the media in the coming months.

So it is a baseless claim.

I’ll ask again. Cos you provide any evidence to the contrary? You know what she *would* have done?
    Enlighten and astound us oh madame mysterio with your powers of clairvoyance

**the continual grasping at any straw to whip Mary lou gets more and more desperate as evidenced by Rodney and pals

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Randy Archer

I assume you would agree these would be ridiculous arguments to make, but yet a TD of many years experience who is also leader of their party could not make the step up to becoming a Taoiseach is making the exact same argument.

Leadership is not knowing everything, most Managing Directors have no hands on experience of the primary function of their business, its more about good judgement, understanding how to get the best out of the resources available to them, and knowing which person or team of people to delegate tasks to that have the knowledge and expertise to carry that task out.
    a MD of and IT company is as likely to have an accountancy background as an IT background, yet you would agree that does not make them unsuitable for the leadership role in an IT company.

In fact the very worst person to put in such a powerful position would be the person that feels they know it all and will make decisions without consulting others that are experts in their field. Brian Cowen would be a great example of that, BIFFO almost destroyed this country through his arrogance and refusal to consult thoroughly with those who had the expertise before making such a calamitous decision.

A good Taoiseach will have a more general view of what they want to happen, be able to articulate that vision clearly and then entrust that work to those that have the expertise to carry that out, which generally would mean senior civil servants not their pals from a Galway tent or drinking buddies in the Dail bar.

I think Mary Lou has those qualities in spades, whether what policies she would want to implement were agreeable to you is down to your own political philosophy, but there's no doubt that the party discipline of SF is very much a product of her will power, and she is well able to debate and argue her corner clearly without getting rattled and changing her mind every second interview in the way that Michael Martin might.

You are seriously comparing a TD, which includes a back bencher, to an executive role ? Ffs this takes the biscuit

Well, for a start, they would normally have experience on committees and county or urban councils so the usual procedures of how the Dáil works would not be alien to them . There’s very little decision making for an average back bencher who is the subject of the party whip

No, it’s not remotely like saying

Besides most TDs would have some experience as Minister for State first, or have experience outside the Dáil as business people, managers, teachers , leaders ,organisers (schemers ) .... Mary doesn’t have much experience of that either

Speaking of good judgment ,lol, something Mary isn’t too hot on !

1. Calling for a needless and costly Presidential Election ,that no one wanted ,and then running a very poor campaign and candidate (least Gerry knew how to run a run campaign )

2. Despite the figures showing as of 10pm the night after the count, Mary , like many a politician was like a rabbit in the head light declaring that she would look to run a left wing government to the specific exclusion of both FG and FF . What’s wrong with that ? The figures didn’t add up . Naive student politics nonsense guaranteed to look like fail between the legs when the inevitable of her having to communicate for FF (FG was always out for SF) about forming government . In times like those, you don’t show your hand . As good auld Albert once said “nothing ruled in, nothing ruled out” must be the mantra

3. Mary Lou getting caught in a photograph in NYC standing behind a “Brits Out” banner last year, in the mist of Brexit and Ireland tippy going around sensitive matters with London ,despise the long history of knowing damn well that it’s not out to set off DUP

4. Utter failure to deal with the internal rifts and huge loss of councillors leaving the party , which leading in big part to SF getting hammered in the local elections despite both FF and FG not being too popular in 2019

Decision making , a leader ? Lol, nah, now isn’t the time for trainees

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement