Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NCT discontinue lift inspections (now with places with working lifts)

Options
1272829303133»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,610 ✭✭✭creedp

My 2 cars were tested without ramp inspections in March and I was told the NCT would be in contact with me to do the ramp inspections once the ramps were back up and running.

I've just got a text reminder to book an NCT test but no mention that it is a ramp only inspection. Do I just book a test as normal with the same test centre or will that test centre issue a request to arrange a ramp inspection?

Also how long will the Gardai give me to complete the ramp inspection given that effectively my NCT is out since March? At the moment the waiting lists at my original centre are over a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

creedp wrote: »
    My 2 cars were tested without ramp inspections in March and I was told the NCT would be in contact with me to do the ramp inspections once the ramps were back up and running.

I've just got a text reminder to book an NCT test but no mention that it is a ramp only inspection. Do I just book a test as normal with the same test centre or will that test centre issue a request to arrange a ramp inspection?

Also how long will the Gardai give me to complete the ramp inspection given that effectively my NCT is out since March? At the moment the waiting lists at my original centre are over a month.

Put your reg into the nct site. Book a date and the system will know you're just due a lift test. If you're within the time limit you won't be charged anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,610 ✭✭✭creedp

sligojoek wrote: »
    Put your reg into the nct site. Book a date and the system will know you're just due a lift test. If you're within the time limit you won't be charged anything.

Quick Q - do you have to return to same test centre for lift test?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

creedp wrote: »
    Quick Q - do you have to return to same test centre for lift test?

No. i did the first part in Sligo and the lift test n Ballina.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭Old diesel

So can we all just book NCTs now for as soon as we can get a date?????.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

So from now NCT renewals will be 4 months after cars birthday due to covid?

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Bif

Anyone know if both lifts in Ennis are working? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭cnoc

Bif wrote: »
    Anyone know if both lifts in Ennis are working? Thanks.

There is definitely one lift working in Ennis. My son got the lift only test last Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭bladespin

Kells back running.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gotya

Anyone know if Cahir is open for lift tests?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,957 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

AFAIK they're not doing partial tests anymore. So if the centre has appointments available then they should be doing full tests only.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Whocare

Are all lift working now ? (Especially ones in cork or Killarney

• Registered Users Posts: 5,256 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Look at the previous dates of post as say they should all be done ,next issue is covid as many had tests postponed and to be done at a later date.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Whocare

greasepalm wrote: »
    Look at the previous dates of post as say they should all be done ,next issue is covid as many had tests postponed and to be done at a later date.

Yeah my test was extended by 4 months so thinking I test early around 45 days earlier so I should still get a two year test as it shouldn't be class as voluntary tests

• Registered Users Posts: 5,256 ✭✭✭greasepalm

May depend on your windscreen cert as it may be less.

Advertisement