Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NCT discontinue lift inspections (now with places with working lifts)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,474 ✭✭✭John.G

beauf wrote: »
    Didn't see any one getting a partial test.

Seemed like they were limiting the numbers coming in..

Got retest yesterday, it was just the underbody inspection and the cert was then backdated to last partial test, (26/3) so new cert valid up to 26/3/2021.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Gents,

I have a test booked for next month that I need to cancel.

I tried emailing, per instructions on their website, and got an automated reply back to say their email lines are closed.

I tried calling, but just get a message saying their phone lines are closed.

Anyone know what I need to do to cancel a test?

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭mondeoman2

Gents,

I have a test booked for next month that I need to cancel.

I tried emailing, per instructions on their website, and got an automated reply back to say their email lines are closed.

I tried calling, but just get a message saying their phone lines are closed.

Anyone know what I need to do to cancel a test?

Can You Not Cancel The Test Online?
    It gives you the option to Cancel or Reschedule.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Hah, you can too :o

Just did it now

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Just came back from Naas centre. Very pleasant experience, place is clean and pretty much empty. All 4 lifts working.

Not so impressed with the results, though :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Tried Naas there now cant seem to select a date

mightyreds wrote: »
    Tried Naas there now cant seem to select a date

Was trying to book a retest and same issue.

Other centres no problem. Must be a glitch or something...

Booked Portlaoise instead on Sunday 06 July.

Not sure what's wrong with Naas now. Maybe I broke it lol...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭mightyreds

wonski wrote: »
    Booked Portlaoise instead on Sunday 06 July.

Not sure what's wrong with Naas now. Maybe I broke it lol...

I was on yesterday and it had times for July 7th, but didn't go ahead as I could read it on my phone then nothing today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭honda boi

Have the next for the missus car tomorrow morning.
    She said everything was fine with it. Only got to have a look over it now and I see the front tyres are at the minimum mark and wearing on the inside. Typical.
    Nct is over an hour away. The tyres are 215/45/17.
    I have a pair of 205/55/16 here. Could these be put on the front with the rear tyres being different.?
    Car is a 08 avensis 2.0 d4d
    Edit: nevermind . Just went to reschedule the test and going to get new tyres tomorrow.
    Altho when I went to reschedule, it stated about the 22€ fee. But I went ahead and rebooked it for the start of July, the summary stated it's a free test. I got a confirmation text with the booking before any card details could be put in. Might get away with not paying the fee?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭mk7r

honda boi wrote: »
    Have the next for the missus car tomorrow morning.
    She said everything was fine with it. Only got to have a look over it now and I see the front tyres are at the minimum mark and wearing on the inside. Typical.
    Nct is over an hour away. The tyres are 215/45/17.
    I have a pair of 205/55/16 here. Could these be put on the front with the rear tyres being different.?
    Car is a 08 avensis 2.0 d4d
    Edit: nevermind . Just went to reschedule the test and going to get new tyres tomorrow.
    Altho when I went to reschedule, it stated about the 22€ fee. But I went ahead and rebooked it for the start of July, the summary stated it's a free test. I got a confirmation text with the booking before any card details could be put in. Might get away with not paying the fee?

It wouldn't have been possible to fit those anyway, they are a different diameter

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭KaneToad

Car was due a test in early March (just pre lockdown) but didn't get it done on time. I'm trying to book it in now but am struggling to find official info on which test centres have lifts working.

The car is likely to need work done but I don't want to bring it for a partial test - possible fail on something, have to get mechanic to work on it. Return to pass partial test. Underbody test at a later date - possible fail on something, have to get mechanic to do more work on it. Return to pass underbody test.

Double the inconvenience for me.

Anyway, ignore my ranting. How can I find out the official lift status of my local centres? And the schedule for lifts coming back online?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Reopening 15th June:
    Cork – Little Island, Cork – Blarney,

Northpoint 1 & 2, Dublin, Deansgrange, Dublin, Fonthill, Dublin,
    Galway,
    Limerick,
    Waterford,
    Letterkenny,
    Athlone,
    Ballina,
    Naas,
    Drogheda and Derrybeg

Reopening 22nd June: Ennis, Enniscorthy, Killarney and Abbeyfeale

• Registered Users Posts: 33,148 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

So are the centres just re-opening, still with no lift inspections?

Or are the lifts sorted now?

The ones I listed have lifts.

I'm open to correction but I think any opening after those will have lifts.

sligojoek wrote: »
    Reopening 15th June:
    Cork – Little Island, Cork – Blarney,

Northpoint 1 & 2, Dublin, Deansgrange, Dublin, Fonthill, Dublin,
    Galway,
    Limerick,
    Waterford,
    Letterkenny,
    Athlone,
    Ballina,
    Naas,
    Drogheda and Derrybeg

Reopening 22nd June: Ennis, Enniscorthy, Killarney and Abbeyfeale

Where is this information available? I can't find it on the website anywhere?

Thanks

No bother. It's under "bookings" link on home page

https://www.ncts.ie/1056

No bother. It's under "bookings" link on home page

https://www.ncts.ie/1056

Thanks for the link sligojoek.

No mention of the lifts being functional or not, though. Are all lifts in all centres back working?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭jprboy

KaneToad wrote: »
    Thanks for the link sligojoek.

No mention of the lifts being functional or not, though. Are all lifts in all centres back working?

You have 2 Tipp men working for you tonight :pac:

Read the FAQs and you will find:

34. Are the lifts in my NCT centre working again

The repair and replacement of lifts is ongoing. All centres re-opening have functioning lifts.

jprboy wrote: »
    You have 2 Tipp men working for you tonight :pac:

Read the FAQs and you will find:

The repair and replacement of lifts is ongoing. All centres re-opening have functioning lifts.

Thanks for the help lads. Much appreciated.

In my defence, when I looked at the FAQ page:

https://www.ncts.ie/1112

It only goes to 22. FAQs, and no mention of lifts in any of them...

I didn't realise that there would be two different sets of FAQs linked in the one site. Maybe that should be an FAQ:

How many sets of FAQs do you have on your website?

😅

• Advertisement

They don't make it very easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭kerryjack

They don't make it very easy.
    They don't have to they have no competition

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭theShire

jprboy wrote: »

Wonder if they're covering themselves here by saying they have "functioning lifts" and not necessarily that all lifts in the centre are functional?

I've a re-test booked for 9th July in Ennis, previously tested in Feb with no lift inspection available.

It'll be interesting to see if both lifts are working

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Psychedelic Hedgehog

theShire wrote: »
    Wonder if they're covering themselves here by saying they have "functioning lifts" and not necessarily that all lifts in the centre are functional?

I was in Drogheda on the 8th and only one lift was functional at this time, I'd say you're on the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,126 ✭✭✭shanec1928

wonder will they ever bother to get the lifts sorted in sligo.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭ml100

Hi, has anyone done a test in carlow, it allowed me to book it for mid July but I can't see anywhere on their site to say it is open, also are the lifts working?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

Postponed second part of NCT (lift inspection) done this morning in Waterford. Very quick and easy.

A (pleasant) surprise was that the next due date was 2 years after the 4 month extended date, so it would have been due April 2022 but is now August.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Irish94

Just seeking clarification - NCT is due on my 07 vehicle on 10th November 2020. If I voluntarily put it in for NCT testing on 10th July 2020 (Yes, outside 90 days) and it passes. The new NCT due date would then be 10th July 2021?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Class MayDresser

Irish94 wrote: »
    Just seeking clarification - NCT is due on my 07 vehicle on 10th November 2020. If I voluntarily put it in for NCT testing on 10th July 2020 (Yes, outside 90 days) and it passes. The new NCT due date would then be 10th July 2021?

Did mine on my own 2010 car this morning, was due for May but got extended the 4 months til September, put it in early cos I just put on two new front tyres.
    New disc expires 09/22.

Long way of saying yes to your question.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,135 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

Irish94 wrote: »

Yes

Advertisement