Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestlemania 2020 - Spoilers, rumours, etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,815 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Will they still announce attendance record? :pac:

I think they should just go with it. May as well have some fun with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,058 ✭✭✭ThePott

They should pre-record some of the matches. They'd have some interesting opportunities to do some fresh things at least but remains to be seen how this will pan out.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,443 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Well that's amazing. Haha vince is determined to hold mania come what may. The show must go on even in a global pandemic.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I think they are retarded doing this , Mania ruined

It should all be pre-recorded. And they should get some writers in for it. Make it WrestleMania: The Movie, and film/script it as such.

It'd be a disaster, but it'll be a disaster anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭Ironicname

I can't wait

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I hope that it does not drag on and only be like 3-4 hours long this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

It just wont be Wrestlemania.... you can call it Wrestlemania you can have the wrestling....... but its just not Mania.

Not shocked.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

tzqghIR.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

I won't even watch this. I'll see a few bits on youtube but wrestling in an empty arena is of no interest.

I still don't think it'll happen unless they are pretaping it. You can't even do a tag team match because you'd have 5 people in the ring, 2 announcers which would leave a maximum of 3 people for cords, cameras, sound, lighting, etc.

What a f*cking stupid idea.

• Advertisement

At least Goldberg and Roman wont get booed, silver linings

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Another Reigns coronation ceremony ruined, lol.

Feel for Drew who will lose the spectacle of beating Brock in front of 70k.

Presumably no battle royals.

But still....wow. Will be fascinating to see how they separate it from the other shows they are doing there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭manofwisdom

Vince getting no more sensible the older he gets.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Another Reigns coronation ceremony ruined, lol.

Feel for Drew who will lose the spectacle of beating Brock in front of 70k.

Presumably no battle royals.

But still....wow. Will be fascinating to see how they separate it from the other shows they are doing there.

Really feel for Drew his career moment and then this kinda hope he loses and gets it when there’s a crowd

Edge too what should cap a remarkable recover then this

But this is really a crazy time to be alive

Vince getting no more sensible the older he gets.

To be fair, WWE is in a no win situation. ****ed either way you lool at it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

beakerjoe wrote: »

Exactly this. Postpone and what’s the plan start building a brand new card? At least now they can have something to air on the network to keep subs ticking over.

How?

Postpone it.

The fans win because they get to see their Mania live, the company wins because they get the revenue.

Loughc wrote: »
    Exactly this. Postpone and what’s the plan start building a brand new card? At least now they can have something to air on the network to keep subs ticking over.

This is better than nothing. It wont be wrestlemania Im not expecting it to be the granddaddy of them all. It will keep me ticking over.

Postponing programming until July or further is worse. Id rather something to keep me ticking over. Though to be honest I doubt it will be a top notch show. Ill be watching out of havit /boredom/curiosity rather than expectation of a decent show.

Monokne wrote: »
    How?

Postpone it.

The fans win because they get to see their Mania live, the company wins because they get the revenue.

The inactivity does their product no favors either.

No one wins at all either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭manofwisdom

Vince will be more ***ed if a number of his performers are tested positive.

• Advertisement

He wont give a bollox. He will expect them to work Id imagine.

This is better than nothing. It wont be wrestlemania Im not expecting it to be the granddaddy of them all. It will keep me ticking over.

Postponing programming until July or further is worse. Id rather something to keep me ticking over. Though to be honest I doubt it will be a top notch show. Ill be watching out of havit /boredom/curiosity rather than expectation of a decent show.

There will come a point in the next few weeks when the performers start getting the virus and they will have to stop producing live content anyway.

One thing the virus has exposed is the hubris of people at the top of all these sporting & entertainment organisations. Almost all have just said "we are going to keep going" as though they can work around it. There is no working around it. The premier league, Serie A, La Liga, UFC, XFL, MLS, NBA all had to find this out. How can Vince be so dense as to think his locker room will avoid it? Like he has to be wilfully ignorant or just f*cking thick.

He wont give a bollox. He will expect them to work Id imagine.

The one thing they are good about is respecting the word of their medical people.

The whole company is going to end up in isolation. Genuinely think Vince will probably get it too. He won't take any precautions.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,815 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

If some rumours/reports are to be believed, it wouldn't be the first time they cover for wrestlers testing positive for something.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Pentecost

There will come a point in the next few weeks when the performers start getting the virus and they will have to stop producing live content anyway.

One thing the virus has exposed is the hubris of people at the top of all these sporting & entertainment organisations. Almost all have just said "we are going to keep going" as though they can work around it. There is no working around it. The premier league, Serie A, La Liga, UFC, XFL, MLS, NBA all had to find this out. How can Vince be so dense as to think his locker room will avoid it? Like he has to be wilfully ignorant or just f*cking thick.

I'm sure it's been done elsewhere but there is still an attitude from a lot of the older generation, my parents included, that this is overblown and that loads of people get the flu every year without this commotion. They don't seem to appreciate the potential numbers affected and that it's their generation that is most likely going to be hit hardest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

CastorTroy wrote: »
    If some rumours/reports are to be believed, it wouldn't be the first time they cover for wrestlers testing positive for something.

And Im sure there will be plenty of lads and girls on the roster, who could be infected and not showing symptoms, who would more than happy to get on Vince's good side and work through it.

It has been noted by several people but worth mentioning that there has been talk in the company that Michelle Wilson & George Barrios were essentially a governor on Vince, withholding his excesses, challenging his bad ideas. Surely one of them would have pointed out that once one of his talent is confirmed to have the virus, the rest of the roster will have to go into isolation for 14 days.

I hope they have staff working on programming for when they can no longer produce matches at the PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Pentecost

It has been noted by several people but worth mentioning that there has been talk in the company that Michelle Wilson & George Barrios were essentially a governor on Vince, withholding his excesses, challenging his bad ideas. Surely one of them would have pointed out that once one of his talent is confirmed to have the virus, the rest of the roster will have to go into isolation for 14 days.

I hope they have staff working on programming for when they can no longer produce matches at the PC.

We're going to play it all out via WWE2K20 folks with your favourite superstars playing as themselves as they self isolate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,969 ✭✭✭cena

is there many from here that were going to mania

Advertisement