Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestlemania 2020 - Spoilers, rumours, etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

They are waiting until the last to cancel it. Its gonna be cancelled if not now ,in 1 or 2 weeks time. Even if its not cancelled, Id be staying at home. Isnt worth going.

So Id be making other plans if I was you

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

So is it Vince is waiting for the State to cancel the show and he gets the insurance pay out?

If he cancels it he doesn't get a pay out and he loses money?
    No one here has the details but I'd guess it would break down like this:

Vince cancels it due to Corona:
    Insurance payout - $100k
    Penalty fee to the city - -$100k
    Potential law suits etc - - $100k (defending cost)
    Paying participants - -$150k
    Net result: - $250k

Trump or someone in government announces no gatherings allowed of more than 500 people at a time in any location:

Insurance payout - $250k
    Penalty fee to the city - $0 (he did not cancel it)
    Law suits - -$50k (because some will blame them and try to get money back)
    Paying participants - -$50k (can shove off cost to the state, clauses about cancellation due to government etc.)
    Net result: + $150k

That's basically the calculation with different numbers in the background I'd guess.

Nody wrote: »
    No one here has the details but I'd guess it would break down like this:

Vince cancels it due to Corona:
    Insurance payout - $100k
    Penalty fee to the city - -$100k
    Potential law suits etc - - $100k (defending cost)
    Paying participants - -$150k
    Net result: - $250k

Trump or someone in government announces no gatherings allowed of more than 500 people at a time in any location:

Insurance payout - $250k
    Penalty fee to the city - $0 (he did not cancel it)
    Law suits - -$50k (because some will blame them and try to get money back)
    Paying participants - -$50k (can shove off cost to the state, clauses about cancellation due to government etc.)
    Net result: + $150k

That's basically the calculation with different numbers in the background I'd guess.

Id say the figures would be much higher and cant blame WWE for holding out with so much money at stake.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

Snorlaxx wrote: »
    I just wish someone would make a bloody decision so we can cancel the hotels etc and either get money back or schedule somewher eelse for during the year.

Known Vince , It wont be him to cancel.

I went sour on this man some years ago, but this has just put me over the top with the guy.

Snorlaxx, the show is not going to happen. There is a 0% chance it will. Just cancel.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Monokne wrote: »
    Snorlaxx, the show is not going to happen. There is a 0% chance it will. Just cancel.

Also travel banned from Ireland to USA so even on slim chance it’ll happen the flights won’t be possible

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Do you reckon the event will be pushed back to later in the year and WWE just take a break due to lack of live crowds ?

ricero wrote: »
    Do you reckon the event will be pushed back to later in the year and WWE just take a break due to lack of live crowds ?

It all depends of how long the siruation lasts. This looks to be getting worse before it well get better. Id say the next 2 months at least before things begin to peak.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Snorlaxx

beakerjoe wrote: »
    It all depends of how long the siruation lasts. This looks to be getting worse before it well get better. Id say the next 2 months at least before things begin to peak.

Exactly, but at that point say best case scenario, if it does take two months, then we're up to min-late may, sure SummerSlam is right around the corner, so whats the point.
    Thats y I believe cancellation is the only realistic option, the card isnt even that decent.
    I would actually prefer a cancellation, where they get the product back on track over a few months, ditch that stupid Goldberg/reigns match, screw drew over and make him a major face(like DBry) and pump all the dosh for this years mania into next year and make a mega event.

This should end any doubts it’ll go ahead

https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1239332790996516866?s=21

Snorlaxx wrote: »
    Exactly, but at that point say best case scenario, if it does take two months, then we're up to min-late may, sure SummerSlam is right around the corner, so whats the point.
    Thats y I believe cancellation is the only realistic option, the card isnt even that decent.
    I would actually prefer a cancellation, where they get the product back on track over a few months, ditch that stupid Goldberg/reigns match, screw drew over and make him a major face(like DBry) and pump all the dosh for this years mania into next year and make a mega event.

They can't just outright cancel it and skip Mania for a year. The show drives so much content and revenue for them, and shareholders would lose it, stock would tank even further.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

PWInsider: WWE still intends to air Wrestlemania on April 5th, where it is broadcasted from is still unknown. There have been talks this weekend that the PC could be the location of WrestleMania.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Lord TSC wrote: »
    PWInsider: WWE still intends to air Wrestlemania on April 5th, where it is broadcasted from is still unknown. There have been talks this weekend that the PC could be the location of WrestleMania.

That would so God damn bizarre I actually want to see it now.

Too bad Matt is gone now he could have helped putting such a show together.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,311 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Full Sail would be better if that is available.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,816 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Would probably be the quickest non American Badass Undertaker entrance.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,105 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I think the PC is a good idea. Treat this as a season finale and come back in a month or two (hopefully) and get going again with all the new champs and/or fresh storylines.

Wrestlemania is primarily about the spectacle - the entrances, the set, the huge audience, and the pyro.

It being two people pretending to fight in an empty building just doesn't work. I watched Smackdown. By the end of it I was already bored of the environment.

This is classic Vince. It doesn't matter how bad an idea is, if he is hellbent on doing it, he does it. The stupidity is befuddling. He & Dana White, peas in a pod.

In any event, I am sure it won't happen. Someone will get the virus beforehand and the performers will all be in quarantine.

Also, the CDC is recommending no gatherings of more than 50 people. Between staff & wrestlers, there would be more than 50 in attendance.

Wrestlemania is primarily about the spectacle - the entrances, the set, the huge audience, and the pyro.

It being two people pretending to fight in an empty building just doesn't work. I watched Smackdown. By the end of it I was already bored of the environment.

This is classic Vince. It doesn't matter how bad an idea is, if he is hellbent on doing it, he does it. The stupidity is befuddling. He & Dana White, peas in a pod.

In any event, I am sure it won't happen. Someone will get the virus beforehand and the performers will all be in quarantine.

Also, the CDC is recommending no gatherings of more than 50 people. Between staff & wrestlers, there would be more than 50 in attendance.

Im sure Vince sees recommend and thinks it wont apply to him

Its gonna be a long drawn out affair until either Tampa officials or the government pull the plug. We all know Vince won't.

Hopefully Vince gets it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭Ironicname

Monokne wrote:
    Hopefully Vince gets it.

So edgelord and hilarious. Well done. Ffs

Hopefully Vince gets it.

Reconsidering his age he would be considered vulnerable.

Right now Tampa is just over 155 cases. Considering the trends, in a weeks time they very may well have over 2000 cases and maybe some fatalities

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,814 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I'd take a PC Wrestlemania

At least it will be a little positive during these hard times

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Snorlaxx

I'm the complete opposite
    I'm already over mania 36 happening and the excitement is gone.
    Just get it go.

Wow Really didn’t think they’d do it at the pc

This will be surreal

https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status/1239687980496740352?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 3,058 ✭✭✭ThePott

Mad, it won't feel like Mania but I feel like this is the best alternative personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,105 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

It's gonna be so weird. Think of the big Mania moments done to absolutely zero pop.

Odd thing is I’m more interested in mania now than I was before just for the craziness of it

But with nothing on live tv channels will be screaming for content and rumours of them selling mania it could bring them more money

Also they can also film the matches over the next few weeks groups at a time to limit number of people

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Will they still announce attendance record? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,173 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Is what it is.
    It's a record tho. It will go down in a wrestlemania in history. Remember wrestlemania 9 venue? That won't compare to this :)

History in the making as WWE says

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,816 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Imagine how much work has already gone into the sets of Mania. WWE 24 next year will be interesting.

It is crazy. It'll just be like a double episode of Raw.

At least no one will be s#!tting on matches like Roman/Goldberg.

Who would've thought the last Impact PPV would beat the Wrestlemania attendance? (I'm assuming someone turned up to watch their last PPV)

Advertisement