Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭lawDani

maggie95 wrote: »
    Just off the phone with them myself and can confirm no results today. They say they're endeavouring to release results this week (no promises). They are hoping to have an email out updating us on the situation this week...

I asked for the formal complaints procedure and was told to email FE1section@lawsociety.ie - honestly not a good enough complaints procedure in my opinion.

I told them that I had to laugh when I saw the tweet about mental health as there is an obvious lack of care for FE1 candidates' mental health.

To be fair to Shirley & Team, I don't think it's them who are the cause of the issue, it's definitely a senior management issue. I feel bad giving out to Shirley when I know it's not within her control but my gosh it is a frustrating situation.
    Well, another few sleepless nights ahead anyway.

thank you for this. unfortunately though somebody needs to be held accountable for the mistreatment of their (law soc) candidates. hahha and no complaints procedure - protection / avoidance / ignorance maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭bluerthanu

Didn’t Greg O’Shea from Love Island sit these exams? Any way of getting him on board with the appeal given his following ��

• Registered Users Posts: 43 DavidX90

I ask that people also contact Joe Duffy's Liveline via Twitter, email, phonecall etc. to confirm that this is a problem.

Otherwise I will probably just sound like a random crazy who has it in for the Law Society (which is semi-true at this point).

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Lovestolisten

DavidX90 wrote: »
    I ask that people also contact Joe Duffy's Liveline via Twitter, email, phonecall etc. to confirm that this is a problem.

Otherwise I will probably just sound like a random crazy who has it in for the Law Society (which is semi-true at this point).

I sent an email into Joe@rte.ie to add to your email.
    Not in Twitter !
    Hopefully something is highlighted.
    Utterly gutted no results out , studying for March feels like an empty task when I don’t know if I’m doing repeats or last two topics

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Fe7

I sent an email into Joe@rte.ie to add to your email.

Same. PS keep bringing this up so no one misses it from further back haha: http://chng.it/r5CbZFdzgx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Hazel774

maggie95 wrote: »
    Just off the phone with them myself and can confirm no results today. They say they're endeavouring to release results this week (no promises). They are hoping to have an email out updating us on the situation this week...

I asked for the formal complaints procedure and was told to email FE1section@lawsociety.ie - honestly not a good enough complaints procedure in my opinion.

I told them that I had to laugh when I saw the tweet about mental health as there is an obvious lack of care for FE1 candidates' mental health.

To be fair to Shirley & Team, I don't think it's them who are the cause of the issue, it's definitely a senior management issue. I feel bad giving out to Shirley when I know it's not within her control but my gosh it is a frustrating situation.
    Well, another few sleepless nights ahead anyway.
    This is so frustrating and disheartening, I didn’t sleep a wink last night waiting for results today now to be told I’ll just have to stay stressed indefinitely, it’s just not good enough.
    I was told by Fiona on Friday that results were coming out on Monday. I do not understand what could possibly have changed over the weekend that they’re suddenly not ready any more - I have no doubt that the papers are corrected at this point so why not just tell us if we passed or not?!

Also laughable that they gave you the same email address that they routinely ignore when asked for a formal complaints procedure.
    I’m sure the email for the president of the law society is on their website, perhaps if a few of us send an email highlighting all the issues since March the president may actually listen to it. Although it would be a struggle to fit all the issues into one email at this point!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭LS3

complaints@lsra.ie - send any complaints and evidence to legal services regulatory authority

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭EmmaO94

I've emailed Joe Duffy too, would be amazing if we could get some traction on this.

LS3 wrote: »
    complaints@lsra.ie - send any complaints and evidence to legal services regulatory authority

I have also emailed.

i have also emailed Joe Duffy to back up DavidX90

Joe@rte.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Mc96

11 am Thursday 14th January - update on the website

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Lealaw

Message on law society FE1 results updated:

Results will be released online at 11.00am on Thursday 14 January. Candidates will receive an email today with details about how to log on.

Mc96 wrote: »
    11 am Thursday 14th January - update on the website

Fe7 wrote: »

3 more sleepless nights that will no doubt impact productivity of study.. less than 2 months before exams. Mental health my bum!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭LawLearnin

They've just posted a tweet about the results:

"Results from the November 2020 FE-1 sitting will be released at 11.00am on Thursday 14 January.

Candidates will receive an email today with details about how to log on. Further updates will also be published to lawsociety . ie / fe1exam

Thanks to students for their patience."

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭FE1new

Results from the October 2020 FE-1 sitting will be released online at 11.00am on Thursday 14 January. For further information and future updates, see http://lawsociety.ie/fe1exam Thanks to students for their patience.

This was posted to their Twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭lsheehaneire

what are the odds there will be access problems.....

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭LawLearnin

Nice to finally have a set time and date, but it's mindboggling how evasive they've been through this whole process.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Hazel774

Once again, updating their social media before emailing candidates! Thank god for boards as it’s the only place to actually get all the updates about the exams we’re paying a fortune for...

What are they going to do between now and Thursday?? The papers are obviously all corrected if they were telling people on Friday that results would be out today

• Registered Users Posts: 17 feliznavidab

No doubt there will be an email at 5.59pm to 'apologise'.

• Advertisement

We might have the time and dates but this doesn't relieve the other issues we face time and time again.

How many unanswered emails? How many marked exams with no coherent marking system? The upcoming march exams with no time to prepare for any failed prior exams? And my fave - trying to save face on social media before sending any correspondence to the actual individuals it affects.

Make sure to sign (http://chng.it/r5CbZFdzgx) if you haven't and keep making yourselves heard to the media. We have traction now finally among us all. The solicitors before us pushed to ban the 3-exam pass rule which we can be thankful for. For ourselves and future candidates we deserve respect, communication, and change.

Joe@rte.ie - Joe Duffy

Ombudsman (.ie) website

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Coopie

LawLearnin wrote: »
    They've just posted a tweet about the results:

"Results from the November 2020 FE-1 sitting will be released at 11.00am on Thursday 14 January.

Candidates will receive an email today with details about how to log on. Further updates will also be published to lawsociety . ie / fe1exam

Thanks to students for their patience."

This is SO annoying!

how is that even an ounce respect for the candidates - a twitter post! blood. boiled. I dont have twitter, lol.

lawDani wrote: »

The link doesn't seem to work for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭EmmaO94

Fe7 wrote: »
    We might have the time and dates but this doesn't relieve the other issues we face time and time again.

How many unanswered emails? How many marked exams with no coherent marking system? The upcoming march exams with no time to prepare for any failed prior exams? And my fave - trying to save face on social media before sending any correspondence to the actual individuals it affects.

Make sure to sign (http://chng.it/r5CbZFdzgx) if you haven't and keep making yourselves heard to the media. We have traction now finally among us all. The solicitors before us pushed to ban the 3-exam pass rule which we can be thankful for. For ourselves and future candidates we deserve respect, communication, and change.

Joe@rte.ie - Joe Duffy

Ombudsman (.ie) website

Totally agree with everything said here.

For me the real rub amongst other things is the lack of a marking scheme - could not BELIEVE there was no scheme when I started the fe1s, after getting so much helpful info for college exams explicitly stating what was required for a 2.2, 2.1 and 1 answer. And if they even try to use the 'well we provide examine reports' card, totally not good enough - the disparity between subject is farcical - eg compare Crimina's 20+ page reports to Tort which is 1 page long. We need standarised mark schemes for each subject as a matter of urgency.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 DavidX90

Just because the results date has now been released, I think it's important to remember what we had to go through to have that information confirmed. Personally, I am still shaking with rage after what went on this morning. It has ruined my whole day.

This should not have happened in the first place and should never happen again. We need to keep pressure on the LSI to make sure they agree with us.

If not, we will be back in this situation again in a few months time.

As others mentioned, please make your voices heard on social media and be sure to file complaints to the Ombudsman, the LSRA and of course, Joe Duffy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭maggie95

ALK2! wrote: »
    For anyone interested- I submitted a complaint to the ombudsman re: the Law Societies actions since September 2020 to date through the Ombudsman (.ie) website.

Any unanswered emails/ complaints to LS can be used as evidence.

It's probably unlikely they will or can do anything to resolve our issues but if enough people submit a complaint about the same thing, it may bring attention to the incompetence and inefficiencies displayed by the Law Society year on year.

In the complaint I mentioned- 1. LS confirming date of November exams only weeks before we were due to sit them, 2. logged out of two exams on multiple occasions, provided no extra time for the second exam and no response to emails regarding the difficulty for over 6 weeks, 2. unanswered queries through call and email, 3. delayed exam results leaving limited time to study for March, 4. misleading information concerning result dates, 5. continued avoidance of students who have paid for their service on the day they had outlined results would be released.

Have just submitted a complaint to the Ombudsman myself. Included a plethora of emails that I sent in to the Law Society over the last number of months, which of course received no response, and emails to my TD about the situation. Also included their posts here to show their method of "communication".

I'm fed up of the same nonsense happening year in year out, this year especially was truly outstanding in terms of inefficiency and incompetency.
    Every time we complain, start a petition, or garner any kind of debate/support outside of Boards, the Law Society attempt to appease us by releasing statements or tweeting about results dates. We then tend to forget it happened because of that appeasement (naturally) and the exact same thing happens for the next candidates.
    This shouldn't be the case, I am committed to seeing this through now. It really will be about the amount of noise we can make, so if you feel the same way about the Law Society as I do, then please email your TD, submit a complaint to the Ombudsman, ring Joe Duffy, do whatever so we don't have to deal with this bulls*t again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement