Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options
1328329330331332334»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Lallers96

Are there any big firms NOT in Dublin aha, really only looking into the TC side of things now and I know nothing about them bar the basics tbh. I have no desire to live in Dublin, the rent is astronomical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭IgoPAP

Lallers96 wrote: »
    Are there any big firms NOT in Dublin aha, really only looking into the TC side of things now and I know nothing about them bar the basics tbh. I have no desire to live in Dublin, the rent is astronomical.

RDJ

IgoPAP wrote: »
    RDJ

Thanks!

Shame they're full up until possibly 2024 :(

Is there any value in doing a summer internship as a means to get your foot in the door somewhere and improve your odds of getting a TC? Or is it more of a thing current college students would do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭IgoPAP

Is there any value in doing a summer internship as a means to get your foot in the door somewhere and improve your odds of getting a TC? Or is it more of a thing current college students would do?

Yes absolutely! I've interned at big firms where there was graduates and post grads among the group. And you're guaranteed a TC interview at the end. It's the best way of getting a foot in and some decent experience

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Hazel774

Yes you can do one at any stage, they normally have a mixture of people straight out of college, in final year or college and those who’ve been out of college a few years! I did one the summer after my final year and there actually weren’t any current students in it we had all finished college in the last year or so.
    They’re good to get a bit of experience for yourself too to see what the future holds lol

• Registered Users Posts: 43 DavidX90

I once did an internship with Beauchamps and while it was the worst work environment I've ever experienced, I learned a hell of a lot and it gave me some good exposure.

If anyone wants to ask me specifics, drop me a DM.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 law1234567

FOD have a Galway office and Matheson have a Cork office. However, I don't think there are any big firms who are in other locations and not in Dublin as well

• Registered Users Posts: 19 lawgrad_

Can anyone who sat company in November remember the questions? Standard enough or any surprises? Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement