Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greta Thunberg (Continued...)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,361 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Sure we already knew she wasn't an expert, she is a rich teenager who likes to shout, look angry at people and get away it because of her age.

Things might be different when she turns 18 and is an adult and is expected to back up her argument with tougher interviewers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

Sure we already knew she wasn't an expert, she is a rich teenager who likes to shout, look angry at people and get away it because of her age.

Things might be different when she turns 18 and is an adult and is expected to back up her argument with tougher interviewers.
    Some disadvantaged baby will be wheeled out as the heroine then.... "sure why are you angry at a little baby what's wrong with you" :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭CtevenSrowder

da_miser wrote: »
    CNN know there audience well, they hate Trump so this panel will be a winner with the perpetually indignant, they will eat this up and ask for more, doom and gloom about Covid-19 and climate change, the CNN viewers are masochists they love to be angry.
    Its funny when you approach CNN knowing the game that they are paying
    Would you prefer the Fox News approach of believing everything Trump says?
    It's time people realized just because you say something isn't real that doesn't necessarily mean that that is the case.

Positive action to mitigate human damaging of the environment is needed in the same way positive action to mitigate the dangers of Covid 19 were (and are) needed.

Can we not all agree that both are complete ****e? Tbh I feel sorry for Americans considering the state of their political discourse and national news networks. Maybe it's better at state level.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Greta is going in to Quantum Mechanics next. She is going to use the Greta Glare as the Observer !

Will the Cat Live or Die ? ?

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Hego Damask

They never will, not even when she's 30, because she is autistic, and that is another sacred cow that can't be touched ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭da_miser

Would you prefer the Fox News approach of believing everything Trump says?
    It's time people realized just because you say something isn't real that doesn't necessarily mean that that is the case.

Positive action to mitigate human damaging of the environment is needed in the same way positive action to mitigate the dangers of Covid 19 were (and are) needed.

You can get CNN here in Ireland, can we even get Fox news.
    Don't know anyone who takes Fox news as gospel, but plenty seem to think CNN is, thats the difference.
    Orange man bad is a crazy cult

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

How can anyone take American news as anything other than partisan, seriously if you do your opinion is as biased as the platform.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

How can anyone take American news as anything other than partisan, seriously if you do your opinion is as biased as the platform.

I would query anyone who uses News networks alone to form their opinion on any topic, in today's world, where virtually every event or announcement or comment is captured on audio/video, gone are the days where you have to wait until 6 o'clock or 9 o'clock to find out what is going on in the world.

But, when you know how much to count on them, they can still be interesting to see how stories are being spun.

The situation of Trump people refusing to answer questions from some outlets is laughable when the question and the answer would be obvious for everyone to make up their own mind on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭CtevenSrowder

I would query anyone who uses News networks alone to form their opinion on any topic, in today's world, where virtually every event or announcement or comment is captured on audio/video, gone are the days where you have to wait until 6 o'clock or 9 o'clock to find out what is going on in the world.

But, when you know how much to count on them, they can still be interesting to see how stories are being spun.

The situation of Trump people refusing to answer questions from some outlets is laughable when the question and the answer would be obvious for everyone to make up their own mind on it.

Well only the other day another person from CBS was trying to portray Trump as racist for something that clearly wasn't. So I can see why they have a massive dislike for some outlets, when they are clearly out to make news as opposed to reporting it, though it does set a bad precedent.

You can get CNN here in Ireland, can we even get Fox news.
    Don't know anyone who takes Fox news as gospel, but plenty seem to think CNN is, thats the difference.
    Orange man bad is a crazy cult
    Fox News is biased one way and CNN are even more biased the other way and funnily enough there are supporting America’s versions of FFG.

And its all about ratings. Trump has been Great for CNN.

Big business in the wealthy don’t really care so long as they have a Republican or an Establishment Democrat i.e. Hillary, Obama, Biden.

You can tell by how well the banks have looked after Obama since he left office how well he looked after them when he was in office ! ! ! :eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Paddygreen wrote: »
    I hope my comrades at extinction rebellion haven’t used the lockdown as an excuse to slack off on the activism and puff the magic dragon all day, nobody is answering my calls. Snap out of it guys, we won’t win the war on climate change if we don’t get real about spreading Greta’s message.

Fear you not Comrade,the sounds you hear are the sharpening of ploughshares and the pointing of pikes....The Cause is true !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgVQtGw80LY

:)

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Whatever people think about donald trump, the greatest thing he ever did for the american people was expose a narrative and shift the thinking from

“Fox news is biased lies” to “all american news is biased lies”

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Any national network that puts a 17 year old on a discussion panel is a complete joke....a complete joke!!!!

Well,one has to remember that America represents the cradle of the modern entertainment 'Industry',so every aspect of what many Europeans would call 'News' has to be first passed through the 'Ratings' filter.

It would be foolish and churlish to discount Greta Thunberg on the ground of her age alone.

However,it is also doubtful that Ms Thunberg will be questioned much on what exactly Her demands for IMMEDIATE action would mean for many millions of people NOW,as in today ?

Ms Thunberg's unique abilities allow her to view the world,and it's many disparate problems,through a highly specialized lens,one which has the ability to totally disregard most,if not all,of the collateral elements which go to make up "Societies" the World over.

Many (but NOT all) Aspberger folk,live very full and productive lives with limited Social Interaction,and more importantly,they do not have any appreciation of what that Interaction,or it's consequences actually is.

Ms Thunberg,appears to have decided upon the Climate Change issue,at some stage,as her Prime Element.
    Once that had been decided,then it is of great importance that her choice (if it were her's alone ) is continually supported and encouraged,with an important need to keep the focus tight and controlled,which is what we have seen over the past three years.

I feel it is wrong to be too direct in attacking Ms Thunberg,however the Individuals and 'Not For Profit's', who swarm around Greta Thunberg and 'Her' cause should be thoroughly challenged and reviewed at every opportunity.

As for CNN/Fox News/RTE/BBC etc ? ....as another poster mentioned earlier...

Make your own minds up ;)

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

Whatever people think about donald trump, the greatest thing he ever did for the american people was expose a narrative and shift the thinking from

“Fox news is biased lies” to “all american news is biased lies”

A very dangerous precedence.

There's a reason people like Donald would like to be able to shut down news organisations, and it isn't for the good of the country.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

There's a reason people like Donald would like to be able to shut down news organisations, and it isn't for the good of the country.

And would also suit Democrats.

Stunning lack of ability to see reality, the Left and the Dems are in favour of "Cancel culture, De-platforming" if the only good thing to come out of Trumps term is that the man has exposed the main stream media for the shills/propagandists that they are, the knowledge that fake news is a real thing is now common knowledge among everyone, except the Orange man bad cultists.

Stunning lack of ability to see reality, the Left and the Dems are in favour of "Cancel culture, De-platforming" if the only good thing to come out of Trumps term is that the man has exposed the main stream media for the shills/propagandists that they are, the knowledge that fake news is a real thing is now common knowledge among everyone, except the Orange man bad cultists.

Trump has exposed nothing only his own incapacity to be in any way presidential. An acceptance of his type of manner and behavior in such a role is not good for any society.

Broadly speaking, there is a consistency across views on a number of threads over the last while, posters who think Trump is ok also think Farage is ok, Greta should shut up and any thoughts of a climate aware government in Ireland should be put in the bin.

You can live in your reality da-miser, I'm happy enough listening to science and forming my own opinions from various sources rather than just buying in to 'Main Stream Media' type rhetoric.

AlekSmart wrote: »
    Well,one has to remember that America represents the cradle of the modern entertainment 'Industry',so every aspect of what many Europeans would call 'News' has to be first passed through the 'Ratings' filter.

It would be foolish and churlish to discount Greta Thunberg on the ground of her age alone.

However,it is also doubtful that Ms Thunberg will be questioned much on what exactly Her demands for IMMEDIATE action would mean for many millions of people NOW,as in today ?

Ms Thunberg's unique abilities allow her to view the world,and it's many disparate problems,through a highly specialized lens,one which has the ability to totally disregard most,if not all,of the collateral elements which go to make up "Societies" the World over.

Many (but NOT all) Aspberger folk,live very full and productive lives with limited Social Interaction,and more importantly,they do not have any appreciation of what that Interaction,or it's consequences actually is.

Ms Thunberg,appears to have decided upon the Climate Change issue,at some stage,as her Prime Element.
    Once that had been decided,then it is of great importance that her choice (if it were her's alone ) is continually supported and encouraged,with an important need to keep the focus tight and controlled,which is what we have seen over the past three years.

I feel it is wrong to be too direct in attacking Ms Thunberg,however the Individuals and 'Not For Profit's', who swarm around Greta Thunberg and 'Her' cause should be thoroughly challenged and reviewed at every opportunity.

As for CNN/Fox News/RTE/BBC etc ? ....as another poster mentioned earlier...

Make your own minds up ;)

Something very curious about people who are solely focused on the here and now like the future is some magical thing in an alternate universe.

Her demands are simple btw, 'Listen to the science'.

Trump has exposed nothing only his own incapacity to be in any way presidential. An acceptance of his type of manner and behavior in such a role is not good for any society.

Broadly speaking, there is a consistency across views on a number of threads over the last while, posters who think Trump is ok also think Farage is ok, Greta should shut up and any thoughts of a climate aware government in Ireland should be put in the bin.

You can live in your reality da-miser, I'm happy enough listening to science and forming my own opinions from various sources rather than just buying in to 'Main Stream Media' type rhetoric.

Prepared to be disappointed in November

• Registered Users Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Something very curious about people who are solely focused on the here and now like the future is some magical thing in an alternate universe.

Should science be questioned tho. Or should we treat it as gospel

• Advertisement

This the same science as Al Gore listen to?
    Made Documentary about rising sea levels, made millions, buys beach front mansion.
    The left leaning folk of the world are super gullible to what ever their heroes tell them ,but ignore what they do.
    Gretha bangs on about a sustainable world in a interview in her parents living room, while sitting in a chair made of Australian Kangaroo leather costing thousands of €€€€.
    Her father just happen to make his millions from carbon trades between the developed world and the undeveloped world, if Gretha is a true believer why does she not campaign for her own father do do these trades for Zero profit?
    Double standards are rampant on the left

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Should science be questioned tho. Or should we treat it as gospel

The whole premise of science is that questions are asked about what is stated and for something to be deemed as fact for it to be repeatable, measurable, understood by others suitably qualified and experienced.

That is very different to, for example, a DJ from Dublin broadcasting a video on facebook about how vaccines are a bad idea.

This the same science as Al Gore listen to?
    Made Documentary about rising sea levels, made millions, buys beach front mansion.
    The left leaning folk of the world are super gullible to what ever their heroes tell them ,but ignore what they do.
    Gretha bangs on about a sustainable world in a interview in her parents living room, while sitting in a chair made of Australian Kangaroo leather costing thousands of €€€€.
    Her father just happen to make his millions from carbon trades between the developed world and the undeveloped world, if Gretha is a true believer why does she not campaign for her own father do do these trades for Zero profit?
    Double standards are rampant on the left

Any evidence of this? Or is it just some of that good old fake news you were talking about earlier?

As for hypocrisy?
    Say someone says that the world is being destroyed with litter and they buy a single use plastic cup themselves and discard it, does that mean their message was false? That the world isn't being destroyed? Or, because they said that and then used a single cup, they are responsible for all the billions of cups which have been discarded previously.

Since you took the time to respond to me even though you are aware I have no interest in a dialogue with you, your post is absolute bull of the highest order but the joy for me is you live under the rule of the 'Donald' enjoy.

Since you took the time to respond to me even though you are aware I have no interest in a dialogue with you, your post is absolute bull of the highest order but the joy for me is you live under the rule of the 'Donald' enjoy.

Jesus, if you had no interest in dialog, you wouldn't bother commenting no my post. :rolleyes:

I'm glad I give you joy, you patently need it. ;)

Jesus, if you had no interest in dialog, you wouldn't bother commenting no my post. :rolleyes:

It's fun to respond to this nonsense before you can edit it.
    As I said you get to live under the rule of the 'Donald' enjoy.

And again you respond, you're going to have to try harder at this 'having no interest in a dialogue with me' thing you claim to be at.

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

And again you respond, you're going to have to try harder at this 'having no interest in a dialogue with me' thing you claim to be at.

Mod:

I'm tired of endlessly dealing with both of you, in pretty much every thread in CA/COVID19.

@Tell me how, @Plumbthedepths - take 48 hours away from the thread and use the time to figure out how to actually have an adult conversation. Any more of this in any thread, and I'll seriously consider banning you both from the forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,361 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

The Greens are idiots and hypocrites here in Ireland, their leader drives a diesel around the city while telling the rest of us who need a diesel for long commutes to work to get rid of ours.

• Advertisement

The Greens are idiots and hypocrites here in Ireland, their leader drives a diesel around the city while telling the rest of us who need a diesel for long cummutes to work to get rid of ours.
    They are full of Hot Air which is bad for the Environment !

Advertisement