Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 6 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,401 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Truckermal wrote: »

Didn't have a French Car since my 405 about 20 year's ago so here we are €1950 with a full tank of juice Laguna Coupe with a Bose sound system and full Leather which are sport Seats!

Really nice to drive only hard getting used to a manual after 5 year's of Lexus autobox! Plenty of toys on this to keep entertained on my daily commute!

Nice! Very current day Mercedes looking around the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

ba_barabus wrote: »
    Did I pass you on the Nenagh ring road today?

Nope collected in Kildare and went to Cork on the M8!

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Nice! Very current day Mercedes looking around the back.

527238.jpg

It looks very fresh design wise for something this old..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

Well wear Mal, lovely looking car.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,401 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Jesus, those number plates

• Advertisement

Jesus, those number plates

I know luckily a new set is ordered...

Pressed German ones....:p:P:P:P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Truckermal wrote: »
    Nope collected in Kildare and went to Cork on the M8!

Well wear, looks great

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Ericaa

Ryano87 wrote: »
    Yup your exact one, I checked the reg to make sure. he bought it at auction, it was only two panels damaged from what I remember, I'm not sure on their grading system but it was recorded damage rather than written off? I never got to drive it but he said it was more show than go?!

If I remember correctly that's a proper mugen spoiler on that car which was rare enough? The wheels on it now suit it much better!

Even found a pic of it!
    Ahh look at that! What a small world.
    Yeah it was a Category N write off, so minor damage. It probably went to auction after that then.
    It's absolutely more show than go but it's fun to drive :D

That's right, and the spoiler is why I bought it :pac:

I wonder what happened to the black writing on the side, it's not on it anymore!
    Do I see this car around Limerick sometimes?
    I was thinking the same.
    Not me anyway! Drove past Limerick when I picked it up in Mayo in June, but that's about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,513 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Nice car Mal,
    I came very close to buying one of those instead of one of my vRS's.
    Well wear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

Picked this up 2 weeks ago.
    U0hsoAI.jpg?1
    dC0TzDN.jpg?1
    YA362Fn.jpg?1

Its an absolute weapon, fastest thing i've ever driven. I had an e60 520d lci before this, which i thought was fast. That torque.. :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

Kevvv wrote: »
    Couple snaps after a wash and some winter paint prep.

That's lovely, and a proper engine to boot. Is she manual or automatic?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

I would imagine auto!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,338 ✭✭✭jmreire

Dont quote photos!!

Technically, that's a long long way from a write -off... money-wise might be a bit different...Fight your case with the insurance assessor ( or get whoever made out the repair quote to fight for you ) See how the quoted figure was arrived at..was car hire, depreciation included? What else? If you really want the car, be prepared to accept a lower quotation, that will swing the assessment in your favour. That car can be repaired ( and a proper repair at that ) for a lot less than the garage assessment. Once insurance is mentioned in a garage or repair shop, there is always a dramatic rise in the quote...

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Kevvv

Auto - 8 speed box. Silky smooth and pulls gears like nothing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭hooch-85

535d's are auto only.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

I think that 535d belonged to a neighbour in Limerick city. Nice car, well wear. Can't be that many 11 LK regd 535d in the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Ericaa

jmreire wrote: »
    Dont quote photos!!

Technically, that's a long long way from a write -off... money-wise might be a bit different...Fight your case with the insurance assessor ( or get whoever made out the repair quote to fight for you ) See how the quoted figure was arrived at..was car hire, depreciation included? What else? If you really want the car, be prepared to accept a lower quotation, that will swing the assessment in your favour. That car can be repaired ( and a proper repair at that ) for a lot less than the garage assessment. Once insurance is mentioned in a garage or repair shop, there is always a dramatic rise in the quote...

I was totally ready to fight for it, had all these ideas in my head but I didn't need them as AXA are happy to pay, which I'm shocked at.
    Waiting on parts now which is going to be interesting, not exactly an easy car to find parts for.

Thanks for your help.

hooch-85 wrote: »
    535d's are auto only.

Think he was asking about the 435i, which I’m fairly confident come in manual too. Although other than to say you’ve a manual I’m not sure why anyone would go for it lol

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

I was always a long-time proponent of manual and petrol. Since I got my current car though I've changed my mind a lot! :D

Doubt I'll ever buy a manual again bar it's a small, cheap yoke to run around in while waiting on a new car.

I was always a long-time proponent of manual and petrol. Since I got my current car though I've changed my mind a lot! :D

Doubt I'll ever buy a manual again bar it's a small, cheap yoke to run around in while waiting on a new car.

Have always said the same thing... that is until I bought my first auto a few years back in a TSI Golf with a DSG box. Can't see myself going back to manual at this stage :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Have always said the same thing... that is until I bought my first auto a few years back in a TSI Golf with a DSG box. Can't see myself going back to manual at this stage :rolleyes:

I love driving my E36 but it gets tiresome when you are used to an auto daily.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭hooch-85

Think he was asking about the 435i, which I’m fairly confident come in manual too. Although other than to say you’ve a manual I’m not sure why anyone would go for it lol

My bad I was sending a tweet:D

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Got this recently. Drives well.

527456.jpg

Automatic Saab 9-5 2L Turbo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Got this about a month ago. 2016 320d Msport plus auto. Happy so far!

BMW1.png

BMW2.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭CIP4

Got this about a month ago. 2016 320d Msport plus auto. Happy so far!

Nice looking car well wear :) Did this replace the Mk6 Golf you had ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Did you import that? Nice car too. You're coming up in the world. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

CIP4 wrote: »
    Nice looking car well wear :) Did this replace the Mk6 Golf you had ?

Yep that's the plan. Still have the golf though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭Trouser Snake

Is that MSport decal a factory fit so? Always thought they were aftermarket.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,158 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The black bits and wheels are part of a M Performance pack which is an option on top of the M Sport trim.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

20200926-192857.jpg

Advertisement