Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 6 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Did you import that? Nice car too. You're coming up in the world. :pac:

Yep imported it. Have to look the part if nothing else!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Is that MSport decal a factory fit so? Always thought they were aftermarket.

The front splitter, black grilles, rear boot lip and side stickers were added on at some stage. That's what I wanted on it tbh, like the look of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭Technique

bazz26 wrote: »
    The black bits and wheels are part of a M Performance pack which is an option on top of the M Sport trim.

The wheels are part of the M Sport Plus pack.

I think they're 19" 442m.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Picked this up last week from the UK.

2015 E220d Night edition Premium. Coming from a BMW F11 M Sport touring and I can really see that they were designed for 2 different audiences The BMW is a bit sportier of a drive and the Merc aimed more towards comfort.

So far so good, feels a lot bigger than the Beemer on the road despite there being very little in size difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭walshtipp

Picked this up last week from the UK.

2015 E220d Night edition Premium. Coming from a BMW F11 M Sport touring and I can really see that they were designed for 2 different audiences The BMW is a bit sportier of a drive and the Merc aimed more towards comfort.

So far so good, feels a lot bigger than the Beemer on the road despite there being very little in size difference.

Lovely car, well wear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

So my work plans have changed and the aim is to be back in the office early next year, so a car was required and I wanted something different, a bit quirky and fast - so I just picked up a 131 Citroen DS3 DSport - 1.6 THP 155bhp. Full Citroen service history with 1 owner, just 76,000KM, 4 x new Continentals and brakes all around + a brand new HPFP worth €850 for parts / labour (because of this, I've also added some BG 44K Fuel System Cleaner to ensure no build up of deposits which may have caused the HPFP issues in the first place).

Has already been treated to a full detail (wax, polish, detar and valet), debadged at the front and part back, LEDs all around (footwell, dome, boot and reg plate), OEM gear knob, carpets and rubber boot mat. Next up is the wheels - they are in great condition but the diamond cut part is peeling so going to get them re-painted gloss black :cool:

GalzYOS.jpg

I03hMb3.jpg

flYzlby.jpg

FFkaPYu.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

527720.jpg

I'm at Home for a few weeks so tackled the Audi panel by panel fairly happy with the results so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,389 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Got myself some OE LED taillights yesterday. They look exactly the same as the old ones until you switch them on

E4-AF615-B-786-E-4-F8-D-AAAC-21-E92-DC31-F8-D.jpg

2-ABDCA35-EA32-445-B-88-B4-16-C9-D8-D8-FA23.jpg

Bit of faffing around with coding to make them work, but totally worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭passatman86

@colm_mcm that boot de-badged would finish it off nicely

• Registered Users Posts: 34 pinking

Won't let me post a photo of my 3 series bmw? I can't see the option to upload an image am I doing something wrong? Just polished her up and applied a fresh coat of wax at the weekend its looking like glass!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

pinking wrote: »
    Won't let me post a photo of my 3 series bmw? I can't see the option to upload an image am I doing something wrong? Just polished her up and applied a fresh coat of wax at the weekend its looking like glass!
    You need to have a minimum number of posts for some options like that. I can't remember how many that is though but 25 is coming to mind.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 51,150 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I think it's more like 50 posts.

I just use https://postimages.org/ and then copy the link on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

bazz26 wrote: »
    I think it's more like 50 posts.

I just use https://postimages.org/ and then copy the link on here.

He still needs a certain amount of posts just to post links.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,407 ✭✭✭Wailin

Just polished her up and applied a fresh coat of wax at the weekend its looking like glass!

I don't believe ya :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Got myself some OE LED taillights yesterday. They look exactly the same as the old ones until you switch them on

Bit of faffing around with coding to make them work, but totally worth it.

Had those on my hatch as well. Makes them look a million times better at night

• Registered Users Posts: 73,389 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Had those on my hatch as well. Makes them look a million times better at night

They really do! Few more jobs in the pipeline for it. Being careful to not stray from the OEM+ look.
    Window tint is next.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

colm_mcm wrote: »
    They really do! Few more jobs in the pipeline for it. Being careful to not stray from the OEM+ look.
    Window tint is next.

That was mine. Elegance with the sport pack. 17s, tints, LED and folding mirrors. Was a lovely spec but only 1.6 5 speed. Given it spent most of the time on the motoray, that was annoying.

Sadly replaced with a Picasso when #3 came along.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Is that MSport decal a factory fit so? Always thought they were aftermarket.

Same. They look desperate imho, actively take away from what is otherwise a nicely put together 3-Series.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Same. They look desperate imho, actively take away from what is otherwise a nicely put together 3-Series.

I fully agree.

The front lip with matching side lip and rear diffuser look great and actually function. The sticker just detracts from the overall look of the car.

Something barely change, this was my first BMW, an E90 from about 10 years ago:

PC270027a.jpg

Fast forward to present day and a F36:

20200921-111253.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

What have neighbours replaced the X3 with?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Volvo XC/ VW Touareg would be my guess

It's a Qashqai, the X3 owner moved away a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

What have neighbours replaced the X3 with?
    Haha I love this, poor bazz26... "hey guys check out my new car"... oooh what did the neighbours get? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,407 ✭✭✭Wailin

Love the carbon spoiler on it bazz, looks really well. What's your thoughts on it now compared to your previous f10?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

advertsfox wrote: »
    Haha I love this, poor bazz26... "hey guys check out my new car"... oooh what did the neighbours get? :P

Can you also tell us more about your new doormat too please?

That's a lovely 4 Series GC, well wear :)

Ha ha, not at all.
    Wailin wrote: »
    Love the carbon spoiler on it bazz, looks really well. What's your thoughts on it now compared to your previous f10?

It's a different experience, cabin noise is a lot louder for sure but the handling is much sharper due to the reduced size and weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 pinking

Wailin wrote: »
    I don't believe ya :D

Lol ya got me here, I'm stuck in a box with that one :D I'll come back and show ya in 25 posts time ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Lol ya got me here, I'm stuck in a box with that one :D I'll come back and show ya in 25 posts time ;)

You can upload it to a image hosting site and post the link in text form but not as a hyperlink.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

:D:D Ya that's a funny one. In my defence, Bazz and I know each other in real life, I did whatsapp him to say well wear in fairness!

Advertisement