Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 6 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

That 5 series is such an improvement on the last one. Well wear looks a stunner. Did you get black out grilles yourself for it?

Pity all other new BMWs are so horrific looking these days.

Edit. Only copped it’s a 540i.... Jesus Christ lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,410 ✭✭✭Wailin

That 5 series is such an improvement on the last one. Well wear looks a stunner. Did you get black out grilles yourself for it?

Thanks lads.

Black grills were put on by the dealer as part of the deal HM.

Wailin wrote: »
    Thanks lads.

Black grills were put on by the dealer as part of the deal HM.

I think they're the only mod you shoud do to a new BMW. Lovely wagon, when do we get to hear it in action?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭traco

Looking at home on its first road trip down the whest last week.

50359153302_e7193eb564_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,410 ✭✭✭Wailin

I think they're the only mod you shoud do to a new BMW. Lovely wagon, when do we get to hear it in action?

Not too much drama from the exhaust note, some pops and bangs but it needs the m performance exhaust to give it a bit more character. Too pricey though for me right now. The only other mod I would consider doing is the wheels. The styles for the g30 are very conservative I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Can someone explain to me what exactly is happening when an engine pops and bangs?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭hooch-85

Unburnt fuel exploding in the exhaust.

"Pops and bangs are generated when an explosion echoes in the exhaust. This is either fuel touching the hot exhaust before exploding, or an explosion happening earlier in the system and reverberating through the exhaust. The most common way of achieving this is by retarding the ignition timing so the fuel/air mix ignites later in the engine’s cycle. If timed correctly, the exhaust valve will be opening to allow gas – along with pops and bangs – to escape. This is what most commonly gives you the effect."

Source: https://drivetribe.com/p/exhaust-pops-bangs-explained-by-AC7bCQ84SQy9_WKJLKuUgg?iid=CxovKovORdWu4Mcd6956Dg

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Ericaa

Just to update on my poor Honda, insurance are happy to cover it so I'm delighted!
    Ryano87 wrote: »
    My friend brought that car in from UK last year... Lovely car.. had different wheels on it as standard... Those ones now look great on it. Hope it works out for you.
    Ah no way, the exact one that I have? I know it was written off in the UK before I had it as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

Got my front splitter and rear diffuser on, front looked very unfinished without it.

PXL-20200922-101955744-01.jpg

PXL-20200922-102004720-01.jpg

PXL-20200922-102046339-01.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 51,159 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Looks the business GF.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

I think they definitely need the rear one , never liked how far the tips stick out from the factory. Looks the part now!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Both the BMW 540i and Cupra look class!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

bazz26 wrote: »

Very nice bazz!

How is it to move down a bit with regard to the interior?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Got my front splitter and rear diffuser on, front looked very unfinished without it.

Out of interest, where did you get the splitter?

Out of interest, where did you get the splitter?

It's a Rieger splitter. You can get them on eBay handy enough but I got these from the spoiler centre up North. Cheap and quick delivery too.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,159 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Very nice bazz!

How is it to move down a bit with regard to the interior?

It's not too bad to be honest, the oyster colour interior makes a huge difference to them:

20200921-111358.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

It's a Rieger splitter. You can get them on eBay handy enough but I got these from the spoiler centre up North. Cheap and quick delivery too.

Fit them yourself?

Looks great!

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    Fit them yourself?

Looks great!

Thanks. They're fairly straightforward to fit but a ramp would have been much handier and saved a lot of cursing.

bazz26 wrote: »
    It's not too bad to be honest, the oyster colour interior makes a huge difference to them:

It does indeed. Makes it feel fresher and more spacious.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Ericaa

After my Honda drama, I forgot to post the little project we picked up a couple of weeks ago :D

1a39SS0.jpg
    GfgQ795.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Kevvv

Couple snaps after a wash and some winter paint prep.

Kevvv wrote: »

Beaut! That's as rare as rocking horse sh!t!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭hooch-85

That is class! There is not enough high power petrol ones around.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Kevvv

Cheers lads. Picked up in the UK last year - absolutely love it. Straight six is unbelievably smooth!

Few nice petrol models popping up in here lately though.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Ryano87

Ericaa wrote: »
    Just to update on my poor Honda, insurance are happy to cover it so I'm delighted!

Ah no way, the exact one that I have? I know it was written off in the UK before I had it as well!

Yup your exact one, I checked the reg to make sure. he bought it at auction, it was only two panels damaged from what I remember, I'm not sure on their grading system but it was recorded damage rather than written off? I never got to drive it but he said it was more show than go?!

If I remember correctly that's a proper mugen spoiler on that car which was rare enough? The wheels on it now suit it much better!

Even found a pic of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,513 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Beautiful car. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 73,405 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Ericaa wrote: »

Do I see this car around Limerick sometimes?

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Do I see this car around Limerick sometimes?

I was thinking the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

527229.jpeg

Didn't have a French Car since my 405 about 20 year's ago so here we are €1950 with a full tank of juice Laguna Coupe with a Bose sound system and full Leather which are sport Seats!

Really nice to drive only hard getting used to a manual after 5 year's of Lexus autobox! Plenty of toys on this to keep entertained on my daily commute!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Did I pass you on the Nenagh ring road today?

Advertisement