Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 6 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

Wailin wrote: »
    M sport plus spec cars come with the staggered set up from the factory. G30 and G20 xdrive are the same, F series could be different alright.

Staggered is fine as the drivetrain won't feel the difference in the width of a tyre. F series are staggered too. Just pointing out to check they didn't fit a tyres on front and rear that would result in a difference in circumference, because that could end up costly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,407 ✭✭✭Wailin

Yeah my old f10 had the staggered set up too with 245/40 front and 275/35 rear if i remember correctly. Actually the very same as the G30 apart from 19" v 20".

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

vintagevrs wrote: »
    That's all that really matters.

Just be mindful of the circumference of your tyres. Apparently BMW recommend a no greater difference of 1% in the circumference difference between front and rear axles with the xdrive as it will put a load on the transfer box and can damage it. There are plenty of threads online about this, but I'm not sure how true it is.

You can put your tyre specs in here and compare:
    https://tiresize.com/tyre-size-calculator/

I think you'll be ok though with the fronts being 245/35 20r and I assume the rears are 275/30 20r then it's just at the 1% difference.

Thanks a lot for that, I just checked there at it gives a 1.1% difference.

I'll do a but more digging into it see if I can find anything concrete.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

After a wee work related spin earlier today.

529278.jpg

Pretty OK as a "company car" :) Dunno about the ghostly being of pure light in the driving seat mind you... :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭Trouser Snake

Love those headlamp clusters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

That's mint Wibbs. Rare car these days and especially in such a good condition too.

Did you see the black one for sale in Kerry a few weeks ago. Mint too but the ad said smokey at high revs. He was looking for a round 12k for it. Any idea what would have caused it to be smokey at high revs?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

That's mint Wibbs. Rare car these days and especially in such a good condition too.
    More by luck than judgement Wotz. I've always been paranoid about rust so a fortnight after I got it I filled every cavity with anti rust wax and redo it every year. Without being careful 90's Japanese stuff, especially Honda make 80's Lancias look galvanised and might as well be made from sugar. Some I've seen with " a few bubbles" in the arches would be so rotten underneath that if they were a tooth, you'd pull it.
    Did you see the black one for sale in Kerry a few weeks ago. Mint too but the ad said smokey at high revs. He was looking for a round 12k for it. Any idea what would have caused it to be smokey at high revs?
    I didn't. Wear I'd reckon, though better up high than at idle*. 12k? Jaysus, near enough double what I paid for mine back in the day. Not so long ago two or three grand would get you one. :eek:

*I've found those engines vary a lot. Even when new some burned oil, some didn't, though as they aged most did. Caning them while not fully hot guarantees wear.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Wibbs wrote: »
    12k? Jaysus, near enough double what I paid for mine back in the day. Not so long ago two or three grand would get you one. :eek:

Just remembering it was a Rx so a year 2000 model. He said in the ad that he had a collection of cars and was getting rid of the DC2. It was actually priced closer to 13k so who knows if he got at least 12,500 for it. He said price was firm too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,895 ✭✭✭selectamatic

And the old car which the plan is to use as a track day car

What sort of accord? K24?

Just remembering it was a Rx so a year 2000 model. He said in the ad that he had a collection of cars and was getting rid of the DC2. It was actually priced closer to 13k so who knows if he got at least 12,500 for it. He said price was firm too.
    Prices can be as firm as a nonagenarian knob on when reality hits W, though they can that in sterling for good, even so so ones so... "Classic" car prices are going bloody nuts at the minute. Even with the Woo Flu, maybe because of it. They are a very different driving experience to current similar so there's that. Even when new they were raw. Current stuff is more powerful, far safer, with way more features and comfort and more liveable with, but feel, feedback and a large chunk of a sense of drama by comparison is largely gone, or to get the same excitement you have to be doing I'm going to prison type speeds.

And as I've said before if you want a bit of a hoon and you've open drive... :)
    Just what I was thinking S. Others are thinking oh god the ricer fanbois have showed up, best ignore and they'll slink off. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Thats a pleasingly tidy looking Teg Wibbs. Looks an awful lot more sedate (in a good way!) than the ubiquitous championship white. Flies under the radar I'd say!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

Awh man, that’s a class car Wibbs :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

No unfortunately not. It's a k20.

For what's it worth figured sure what harm turning into a track car. Not the most powerful.

Plan is to strip all weight out of it, an induction kits has been ordered new steering wheel? change pads and brake fluid for starters.

Was even talk of a turbo kit for it maybe further down the line see how it goes..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,895 ✭✭✭selectamatic

No unfortunately not. It's a k20.

For what's it worth figured sure what harm turning into a track car. Not the most powerful.

Plan is to strip all weight out of it, an induction kits has been ordered new steering wheel? change pads and brake fluid for starters.

Was even talk of a turbo kit for it maybe further down the line see how it goes..

They're a great chassis with regards handling when the suspension is fresh.

Vtec killer mod and higher final drive ratio would be decent mods too. The Americans do loads with them k20a3's and they'd be similar enough to the engine you have which is a k20a6 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Wibbs I’m jealous.

I was keeping an eye out for my old vtec I sold in 2013, have the alerts set up on my phone and there it was, it popped up this morning for no less than SIX time’s the price I sold it for. Absolutely gutted.

They're a great chassis with regards handling when the suspension is fresh.

Vtec killer mod and higher final drive ratio would be decent mods too. The Americans do loads with them k20a3's and they'd be similar enough to the engine you have which is a k20a6 I think.
    If it's possible about the first thing I'd do is fit a limited slip differential to it. IMHO one of the single best upgrades you can do to a FWD car. If I had a non R version of my car I'd be screaming for the LSD like a hippy at Woodstock. No more JDM I swear. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

Wibbs wrote: »
    More by luck than judgement Wotz. I've always been paranoid about rust so a fortnight after I got it I filled every cavity with anti rust wax and redo it every year. Without being careful 90's Japanese stuff, especially Honda make 80's Lancias look galvanised and might as well be made from sugar. Some I've seen with " a few bubbles" in the arches would be so rotten underneath that if they were a tooth, you'd pull it.

I didn't. Wear I'd reckon, though better up high than at idle*. 12k? Jaysus, near enough double what I paid for mine back in the day. Not so long ago two or three grand would get you one. :eek:

*I've found those engines vary a lot. Even when new some burned oil, some didn't, though as they aged most did. Caning them while not fully hot guarantees wear.

Clean and well minded examples are making £15k sterling in the UK at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 73,388 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

C4-E02-A52-7177-442-B-BCF8-3544-BBBAB6-FB.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Those little fin things actually do quite a lot for it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭Trouser Snake

Those little fin things actually do quite a lot for it!

I like the fact he left it black, blends in with the rails and sits it better into the ground.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭hi_im_fil

Seeing wibbs DC2 makes me want to post up mine. This one is from a couple of weeks ago at a c&c

QG6UNMZ_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

I'm guessing that is a Jap model due to the aftermarket rear fog lamp that is the law in UK.

Do you still have the blue Slivia. Your username rings a bell from a few years ago. Maybe it wasn't you but I think it was.

Nice Teg anyway. It's a car I always wanted and they all have rust or high miles now or drove the hell out of. And clean examples are looking for big money.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭hi_im_fil

I'm guessing that is a Jap model due to the aftermarket rear fog lamp that is the law in UK.

Do you still have the blue Slivia. Your username rings a bell from a few years ago. Maybe it wasn't you but I think it was.

Nice Teg anyway. It's a car I always wanted and they all have rust or high miles now or drove the hell out of. And clean examples are looking for big money.

Yeah it’s a Japanese model. The fog light is a requirement for mot. I usually take it off once it passes as it looks ugly but I’ve been lazy this year and barely had it out.

That was me that had the S14a. I sold it a good few years ago. I’ve seen it up for sale a few times since but had all good bits stripped off it. I’d love another one but they’re mental money these days.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    'Tavia pic
    They're a cracking car IMHO. A mate has one and he's had lots of nice iron down the years, but he reckons it's one of the best all rounders money can buy. And "hey 90's Toyota Corolla, hold my beer" bulletproof. It's a nice car to drive too. Surprisingly chuckable. While carrying two longcase clocks, the contents of a flat, a sheepdog and a family of ten. :) That's a very nice colour too.
    Funny enough, my next madness project is to stick this OEM euro spec fog I got ages ago into my JDM bumper*. For future ref hi_im_fil, the light is the same part number found on the Prelude at the time, should you want one(and it'll be way cheaper these days).

529560.jpg

*Well my winter wheels are Euro 15's, cos more tyre choice and sh1te roads, I sourced a North America only centre console and armrest and my rear lights are UKDM(clear indicators, much more "modern" looking") so I'm going for the world domestic market vibe. :) I'd love the US rear seat bottom with the placcy divider, but rocking horse poo time. I kept all the stock parts mind you and a spare bonnet, doors, hatch, wings, 3 sets of wheels, even a pair of pristine rust free rear quarters when such things were very cheap, even free. Like I say, madness...

They’re not that chuckable, sadly. My FK2 Civic was a go-kart in comparison.
    It is a great all rounder as you say, can get all sorts in the boot

Got a wormhole to fit the other day
    85-B7-A95-F-D2-E9-45-CF-B53-B-C3714-A5-CFF09.jpg

I don't know Wibbs I'd leave it alone. Your wrecking a good stock silver bumper.

Tbh I didn't even know you could get a silver Type R until I seen yours. I had seen silver DC1's but never type R's.

Red bulb in the drivers side reverse light if anything.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    They’re not that chuckable, sadly. My FK2 Civic was a go-kart in comparison.
    It is a great all rounder as you say, can get all sorts in the boot

Got a wormhole to fit the other day
    Pish, you could fit a black hole and a few planets on top. :D
    I don't know Wibbs I'd leave it alone. Your wrecking a good stock silver bumper.
    I've a spare one W... In silver too. :o Like I said, madness going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭dylbert

9-B844-AF9-D46-C-4016-817-F-6091-A2243799.png

• Advertisement

Nice, a 190. Looks class with the wheels and lip spoiler.

Advertisement