Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 6 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Nice progression in engines too Bazz - 318d to 430d must be quite a change

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Nice alloys on the 318. I actually prefer them more than what's on the 430. I'm not saying the 4 series alloys are bad but I just prefer the 318's.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Are the alloys on the E90 off a 320si?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,150 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

They are the same BBS alloys from the 320si. That E90 was a M Sport "Edition" trim which came standard with those 19" BBS wheels as well as some other stuff. The Edition was a limited run just before the LCI model appeared in late 2008.

BMW-318d-009.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

Nicest E90 wheel those.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭newmember2

Same. They look desperate imho, actively take away from what is otherwise a nicely put together 3-Series.

Think the spoiler is trying to improve on what is a pretty hideous rear tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Nicest E90 wheel those.

I think so too. I have a set in the garage I had to get in from Germany. Awaiting a refurb though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,407 ✭✭✭Wailin

Did a bit of a job on the steering wheel to get it back to how it should look:

50408624027_77edc4afcf_c.jpg

50408603192_709756847d_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 81,404 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Wailin wrote: »
    Did a bit of a job on the steering wheel to get it back to how it should look

Great job, can I ask what you used?

Tried Dr. Leather at first but I don't really rate it to be honest for the more oily stuff. It's good for the seats and removing light stains. So just ended up using the old reliable hot soapy water, then the Dr. Leather to finish it off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,404 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Wailin wrote: »
    Tried Dr. Leather at first but I don't really rate it to be honest for the more oily stuff. It's good for the seats and removing light stains. So just ended up using the old reliable hot soapy water, then the Dr. Leather to finish it off.

Yes I used the Autoglym leather cleaner and balm before on the seats, wasn't sure what to use on steering wheel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭Trouser Snake

That's still a nice place to sit even after all these years. Great job Wailin.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Took delivery of my new 335D last night very very happy

20201010-130207.jpg

20201010-130154.jpg

20201010-130102.jpg

20201010-130021.jpg

20201010-130121.jpg

And the old car which the plan is to use as a track day car

20201010-190217.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

Very nice 335d, well wear! It's pretty much the ultimate everyday car for our roads in my opinion. Not too big but big enough, good spec, plenty fast and lots of grip.

Lovely machine! Am I reading that right? 245 35 21? Surely 275..

It's 245 on the front, 275 on the rear and there 20 not 21 ☺

It's 245 on the front, 275 on the rear and there 20 not 21 ☺

Either way, lovely set of wheels. Well wear!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

275 on the front?? It's 245

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭hooch-85

@Marty McFly. Lovely 335d, looks very clean.

Each to their own but personally I think those wheels do nothing for it, you'd be much better off with a set of OEM 19s on decent tyres. My mate has a 435d in London and it came on cheap "Pace" tyres I managed to convince him to put Michelin PS4S on it and they have transformed it. He is delighted with it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Ericaa

My CRZ is finally in getting fixed :D

This is what I have for the week instead

NlWH9xU.png
    P4Rww6f.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭carsfan2

hooch-85 wrote: »

Each to their own but personally I think those wheels do nothing for it, you'd be much better off with a set of OEM 19s on decent tyres. My mate has a 435d in London and it came on cheap "Pace" tyres I managed to convince him to put Michelin PS4S on it and they have transformed it. He is delighted with it now.

The wheels currently on it if original are 405m's and would have been a couple of grand if they are real and would still be worth a few quid.

^ absolutely gorgeous 335d. Has to be the ultimate tourer. Well wear!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭maddness

hooch-85 wrote: »

Totally agree and it looks like they have ditch finders on them too.
    Lovely car though.

I like the wheels that came on it different strokes for different folks.

As for the tyres I was a bit iffy about them when it arrived and was pricing tyres.

But I have been pleasantly surprised how well they have performed in the first few days of having the car especially considering it's been wet pretty much everyday. So now thinking I may leave them on it.

I’m with the other posters on this. I REALLY don’t like the wheels. Such an awesome car deserves more than what youngfellas throw on their bog 320d’s.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

That's all that really matters.

Just be mindful of the circumference of your tyres. Apparently BMW recommend a no greater difference of 1% in the circumference difference between front and rear axles with the xdrive as it will put a load on the transfer box and can damage it. There are plenty of threads online about this, but I'm not sure how true it is.

You can put your tyre specs in here and compare:
    https://tiresize.com/tyre-size-calculator/

I think you'll be ok though with the fronts being 245/35 20r and I assume the rears are 275/30 20r then it's just at the 1% difference.

M sport plus spec cars come with the staggered set up from the factory. G30 and G20 xdrive are the same, F series could be different alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

I really like those wheels although I wouldn't get them on my own car - too many surfaces to clean, buff etc. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Marty gorgeous car!

Yeah Vintage, that would be true, any differential in the rolling circumference between axles or even between driven wheels on a car equipped with an LSD will put unnecessary strain on the drive line.

The car is going to deliver the same rotations at the shaft to the hub on either axle, if the wheel and tyre combo leads to a different rolling circumference then one wheel would be happily finished it's rotation while the other would be only just completing it.

This would put a never ending strain on the driveline.

But again, that's a gorgeous car, the wheels are perfect, I don't care if the young lads have knock off ones etc etc they are meant to be on it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭IrishZeus

As for the tyres I was a bit iffy about them when it arrived and was pricing tyres.

But I have been pleasantly surprised how well they have performed in the first few days of having the car especially considering it's been wet pretty much everyday. So now thinking I may leave them on it.

Feck them all, they’re only jealous. As am I! :D:D

I like them, I have to say. If you like them yourself, that’s all that matters. Beautiful motor.

Advertisement