Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 6 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

maddness wrote: »
    No the far more powerful 116d.

Nice you'll have to do the the /// on thr grille now like 'De Bais' do have!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

tossy wrote: »
    Nice you'll have to do the the /// on thr grille now like 'De Bais' do have!

And tell them she's sum yoke lawd...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭maddness

I’m half tempted to put a 116i badge in the back of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭dylbert

My new jammer, need to find the time to give it a good detail.

IMG-2139.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭traco

dylbert wrote: »
    My new jammer, need to find the time to give it a good detail.

Very nice - just need to put a few dings in it and take it over 200k miles or 321k kms and it'll be well broken in and comfy like mine ;)

50225052676_c6651c04f2_c.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

Still working from home so this doesn't really get used all that much but the weather the last week or so meant a few nice blasts after work. Liking this thing more and more.

IMG-20200811-203345-01.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Murt102

Finally have my car the way I’ve always wanted it since buying it a year ago. Took a long long time to find a set of genuine 20” RS6 alloys. Got the windows tinted too. Must give it a full valet and it’ll keep me happy for another few months!

0REpMW4.jpg

That looks very well ,is it on standard suspension ?

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Murt102

That looks very well ,is it on standard suspension ?

Cheers. Yeah the S-Line has slightly lower suspension compared to the standard A6 models. 20” alloys fit (and look) much better than the standard 18” alloys on it previously.

I use to change cars every few months but after owning this for the last year I have really enjoyed it and cant see myself changing again for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

The 20's fill the arches so nicely that it looks lowered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,523 ✭✭✭✭vectra

those wheels really suit the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭okane1

Mk3 combi. One of its many talents!

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Cast Iron

So the GT86 had to go for a family mobile. Small engine but very comfy and I like an estate so happy out so far.

20200815-140915.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

New arrival today, 87k miles from new with a FMBSH included. It drives like new, interior is very good, a few little niggles but that's it. Its got a few body scuffs but no rust.

I used to live beside the last lady owner who I helped out a few times. She called me after last seeing her five years ago to tell me she was stopping driving and if I wanted the car it was mine as long as I take care of it. I always remember how nice it was so there was no thinking to be done with such a nice gesture. Just need to start going through it now. First stop, new aerial, grease the wiper arm and fix a wing mirror.

20200820-202709.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭unhappys10

Picked this up last week for a runaround.
    2004 1.9tdi 6speed a4 sline quattro, Irish car from new. I'm the 4th owner.

Was sitting up a while and needed, valet, new windscreen, discs and pads, full service, a ball joint and a timing belt kit as well as coolant flush and new thermostat. Standard aluminium plates to go on it today.
    Interior is very clean and nice with the half leather.
    Couple of annoying problems like the front wings starting to bubble but I can sort that.

It also has a gammy towbar which turns out to be a genuine Audi detachable one, worth a few pound as an optional extra I gather but I'll be detaching it!!
    Ready for nct Sunday morning.

20200821-070042.jpg
    20200813-194016.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭hooch-85

Lovely. Looks a tidy car. Hate to sound like an anorak but there was no such thing as a B5 S Line. The top spec ones were referred to as "Sport".

hooch-85 wrote: »
    Lovely. Looks a tidy car. Hate to sound like an anorak but there was no such thing as a B5 S Line. The top spec ones were referred to as "Sport".

It's a b6

unhappys10 wrote: »
    It's a b6

Typo. I meant B6.

From what I can find online there was a sport or ultra sport version in North America, whereas Europe got S line models.
    A b6 s line model has s line badging, side airbags, sports seats, stiffer suspension, 3 spoke perforated steering wheel, perforated gear knob, electric seats with lumbar support and s line sill trims.
    Mine has all of this, so I'm going to go with s line.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Them Audi's still smashing looking cars....

• Advertisement

From what I can find online there was a sport or ultra sport version in North America, whereas Europe got S line models.
    A b6 s line model has s line badging, side airbags, sports seats, stiffer suspension, 3 spoke perforated steering wheel, perforated gear knob, electric seats with lumbar support and s line sill trims.
    Mine has all of this, so I'm going to go with s line.

Maybe I'm wrong, always thought S Line didn't come in until the B7. Anyway it's a lovely clean car, great to see one not ruined with silly kits or lowered with cheap coilovers.

hooch-85 wrote: »
    Maybe I'm wrong, always thought S Line didn't come in until the B7. Anyway it's a lovely clean car, great to see one not ruined with silly kits or lowered with cheap coilovers.

Yeh I dunno, seems to be confusion about it online and some calling them sports while others saying s line. Just strange they'd have s line trim on door sills and badges etc although I know they could have been put on after.
    Yeh this one will be staying original. Want to get my hands on the oem sat nav unit too of I can find one. If it's anything like my Audi 80 and b5 a4 I'll have it forever :D

2 oem isofix brackets arrived just now, €100 from Germany beats the €190 the dealer wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭tc20

I picked this up in Feb 18 and recently gave it is first proper wash; well they do say silver hides the dirt well :)
    The scrape on the drivers door was there when I got it, previous owners wife had tipped the pillar on the driveway.
    Original owner was the US embassy, i'm the 3rd. Only just turned over 150km on the clock.

523711.jpg

tc20 wrote: »
    I picked this up in Feb 18 and recently gave it is first proper wash; well they do say silver hides the dirt well :)
    The scrape on the drivers door was there when I got it, previous owners wife had tipped the pillar on the driveway.
    Original owner was the US embassy, i'm the 3rd. Only just turned over 150km on the clock.

Do you get to keep the CD plates? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭tc20

Do you get to keep the CD plates? :D

nope, but there was a CD stuck in the stereo - does that count :)

Yeh I dunno, seems to be confusion about it online and some calling them sports while others saying s line. Just strange they'd have s line trim on door sills and badges etc although I know they could have been put on after.
    Yeh this one will be staying original. Want to get my hands on the oem sat nav unit too of I can find one. If it's anything like my Audi 80 and b5 a4 I'll have it forever :D

2 oem isofix brackets arrived just now, €100 from Germany beats the €190 the dealer wanted.

I wouldn't bother with an RNS E they are so outdated and limiting at this stage. Get a nice double din headunit instead.

I wouldn't bother with an RNS E they are so outdated and limiting at this stage. Get a nice double din headunit instead.

It'd be more for the oem look than functionality. Funny thing is I never listen to a radio in a car anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Was thinking the very same myself. Hardly worth the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭dylbert

After a good scrub and wax.

IMG-2192-1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,363 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Picked this up recently. 2.0t biopower. Low miles, very tidy inside and out. Really happy with it. Will do nicely until I can afford an EV.

I really like the styling of the Saab 9-5, so many little details that complement each other

Advertisement