Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Brendan Monday 13 Jan 2020 ** See Mod note in OP before posting**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Just like that. Worst seems to have past and blue skies on the horizon in Dublin.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Now we're talking. 14:00 readings (max gusts).

Mace Head = 117
    Belmullet = 119

Solid Orange territory.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

A good blast of wind Dublin Airport there 5 minutes ago, back to normal now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Looks like some thunderstorms coming in from the west in the next few hours...

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Pyjamaninja27

Very wild here again in Limerick city. Squally shower passing.
    Nasty again after a quieter lunchtime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,544 ✭✭✭✭banie01

banie01 wrote: »
    Had 6hrs of gusts and gales in Limerick city. From @6a.m up until not long after 12p.m

Its bright and calm now, but it was bad enough that i kept the kid in from school (as he walks).

Starting to blow hard again now in Limerick.

Has been quite a bit of disruption with trees down, and even a trampoline blown onto the M7.

Stay safe for the rest of this if you are in the western half of the country folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

And it's all gone relatively calm and quiet here in Celbridge. Amazing how quickly it can change. Have been out to put a fallen fence panel back up. Plenty of rubbish and empty bins blown around the estate. Dogs are telling me it's safe for walkies.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,551 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Hooter23 wrote: »
    Looks like some thunderstorms coming in from the west in the next few hours...

They'll be turning wintry overnight through the midlands and north with a mix of hail, sleet and snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

All brightening up here in Firhouse D24 - looks like it has passed through.
    I really feel sorry for Squarecircles, Graces7 and others here who still have hours of this to go........

• Registered Users Posts: 67,112 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

And as if it was on a switch, all calm here in Monaghan/Fermanagh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Truly appalling out here all afternoon and worsening now.. Feel like yelling SHUT UP ! at it.

Is it ever going to end? Screaming wind now and battering rain.

I know; we are in marine red out here but enough is enough!

im not sure how much longer will have power here,its raging outside again,coastal west Mayo has taken a battering.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,128 ✭✭✭pad199207

Elderly man was blown clean over outside the credit union branch in Main St Naas. Ambulance was called

• Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

What a difference an hour makes

499920.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Top gust in south Laois was 56mph - cumulus/website only reporting 54mph for some strange reason. Always worth to check the console itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

And here I was thinking Scrooge had something to do with Christmas. But it's the 13th of January.

To be fair, they're both works of fiction.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Seems to have passed in Dublin 18

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Great forecasting by weather models and Met Eireann to be fair, within the criteria they are using Orange was correct.

All eyes on West coast now when high tide hits, M6 buoy had significant wave of 13 meters and max wave of 17 meters!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Wind gusts getting stronger now in Galway...I wonder is the storm still on its predicted track

• Registered Users Posts: 7,128 ✭✭✭pad199207

The back edge of the front looks brilliant

ECC533-FE-55-B0-4-BC2-BFE4-F08615-B5433-F.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

At least ME were on the ball saying that it'd clear the country fairly quickly. Grand here in Wexford now. A lot without power though.
    The West will get a second lashing though.

Another low to bring wet weather to the SE tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

2555428901368168 Tree down just down the road from me. But cleared up. Also my fibre drop line has come loose but is still working.
    https://www.facebook.com/100007032480306/posts/2555428901368168/
    Near Limerick City.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,660 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Hooter23 wrote: »
    Wind gusts getting stronger now in Galway...I wonder is the storm still on its predicted track

it has a large windfield, so this is the second round as the low moves away. This will really only impact the west and north west of the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Villain wrote: »
    Great forecasting by weather models and Met Eireann to be fair, within the criteria they are using Orange was correct.

All eyes on West coast now when high tide hits, M6 buoy had significant wave of 13 meters and max wave of 17 meters!
    Yeah the Met did a good call with the orange land marine&coastal red
    However this mornings ECMWF was WAY out
    It had winds peaking in south wexford at 140kmh round about now...
    Pretty poor for a major model 12hrs out

Yeah I agree that Met Eireann did well here. Their initial warnings were probably the most accurate: S, W & NW coastal counties.
    They probably erred on the side of caution for the nationwide orange but that's ok.
    However that weatherman (Derik?) need to cop on, his input was reckless.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,660 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Jpmarn wrote: »
    2555428901368168 Tree down just down the road from me.

Is it ok to ask where you are exactly?

Up the road from that tree that fell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

Near Limerick city sorry about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

A very cycling-commuter friendly bit of weather, was grand coming into work this morning and now the sun just came out. Hopefully a nice westerly breeze to coast home

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 7,543 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Crazy an hour ago thought the roof was coming off here in the north east currently digging out sun cream

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,295 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Yeah I agree that Met Eireann did well here. Their initial warnings were probably the most accurate: S, W & NW coastal counties.
    They probably erred on the side of caution for the nationwide orange but that's ok.
    Appears to have been more damaging in Wicklow than a standard "Yellow" storm, whatever the stats ultimately show.

Advertisement