Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Brendan Monday 13 Jan 2020 ** See Mod note in OP before posting**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,363 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

I see some indications on latest radar that squall line may attempt to regenerate so if you do observe that the main one has moved past, be on the watch for a secondary event, possibly the first one is outrunning its support.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

thought we were supposed to get another smack later on but looks like the worst may be staying offshore could get breezy again in the nex t couple of hours

If you're at work you're 200yards from me and you'd have to agree it was miserable today but not even what I'd call stormy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

A steady 50 to 90kmh in Arklow since morning
    The overnight ECMWF was way off
    It had 130 to 140kmh in south wexford and 125kmh up here at 3pm
    The Squal such as it is passing over at the moment is not able to surpass the peak gust of over an hour ago
    8.4mm rainfall so far

There have been windier days here this winter

• Registered Users Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

The worst of it is definitely through in Cork now, its still windy but the clouds have passed and I'm looking outside at blue sky now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭whomenonotme

In Ringsend an hour ago, green bins hadn't been collected and recycling stuff blowing around, few bins knocked over.

Clontarf Road now in pic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 siobhan2005

road_high wrote: »
    Apparently the lightning hit a building in Loughboy but have no other details. Very severe squal but blew through very quickly

It was the secondary school I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,849 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

The showers following on are very squally. The wind picks up a lot as the cloud appears.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Just had thunder here in Arklow

• Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

mloc123 wrote: »
    Sky is blue now and birds are singing in Celbridge... is that it?

Weather stations in Celbridge showing 60kph winds right now?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,763 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

The worst of it is definitely through in Cork now, its still windy but the clouds have passed and I'm looking outside at blue sky now.

What part of cork? Only a little puff of wind in north cork.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

46 knots highest gust here in Wexford town which is about 85km/h. Bit disappointing really.

Gone relatively calm here in Enniscorthy. Rain has started again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Exceptional gusts and sideways rain now in Clondalkin. Painful being lashed in the face with it! Had to come inside and give up on work. Working in a sheltered area, but not possible to continue for the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭whippet

nice and windy on the louth coast - nothing mental but the boyne is looking angry and has come in over the road at the usual spots at high tide that has just passed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭squarecircles

brendans really doing it in dramatic style, torrents of rain ripping through with ligtning and thunder just now.

words cannot describe accurately whats being going on here on the west mayo coast since 9am this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Bog standard event in Galway. A few noisy gale gusts. The odd light shower. Just another millennial 'storm'.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭road_high

It was the secondary school I believe.

The Presentation school?

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭solidasarock

Winds still howling in D2

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    Bog standard event in Galway. A few noisy gale gusts. The odd light shower. Just another millennial 'storm'.

I think it was worse through Munster and into south Leinster

• Registered Users Posts: 13,673 ✭✭✭✭josip

Proper rain has just arrived in Dun Laoghaire

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

Starting to kick in here North East.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭Hooter23

They dont make storms like they use to:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Crazy burst of rain just started here in coastal n. wicklow - hard enough to set off car alarms

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭NeonCookies

Very heavy rain and hail passing through, about 10km south of Dundalk. Gusty wind too.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,544 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Had 6hrs of gusts and gales in Limerick city. From @6a.m up until not long after 12p.m

Its bright and calm now, but it was bad enough that i kept the kid in from school (as he walks).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 247 ✭✭car_radio19834

Still 48,000 people without power, same number as 4 or 5 hours ago...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Just gone oddly calm in Kilcock, Would that be typical in advance of a squall line?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Starting up again in Galway after a very quiet hour or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

twas fairly windy down here in Cobh this morning.
    Sun is out now and all back to normal

https://twitter.com/CorkHarbourWX/status/1216710341406621697

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Can we please just have an outright ban from the forum for the ‘met eireann got it wrong nothing happening in my town’ ‘orange warning is ridiculous’ etc within the weather reporting threads? It’s incredibly derailing to threads and there is a thread for met eireann discussion. Today the tone has been worse than usual with condescending responses and one regular poster being told they are boring. When I first started reading these threads they were light hearted and fun with information and query posts responses to. Now it’s all taken over by moaning often before the event has even started

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

getting very dark here

Advertisement