Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Brendan Monday 13 Jan 2020 ** See Mod note in OP before posting**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭eigrod

Horizontal rain in Greystones at 2.04pm

• Registered Users Posts: 7,805 ✭✭✭Calibos

1 minute wide squall line just passed through Bray.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Normal January weather here in Offaly,nothing to do with climate change,just wet and windy all morning,clearing up now,sun shining,breezy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,750 ✭✭✭endainoz

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    Bog standard event in Galway. A few noisy gale gusts. The odd light shower. Just another millennial 'storm'.

Yeah 'storm' :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,118 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Gusts returning in Galway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

M5 wrote: »
    Just gone oddly calm in Kilcock, Would that be typical in advance of a squall line?

I do think it may have passed..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

DSC-0453.jpg

DSC-0452.jpg

DSC-0451.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Gone very wild again now in Galway after having a nice lull for a while, how long will this round last

• Registered Users Posts: 16,660 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Hoping for stronger winds..... Obviously you don't have anything to worry about!

I do, but it still does not prevent me from enjoying storms. Should people who enjoy heatwaves feel bad about doing so as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,985 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Gusts returning in Galway.

Same here in Westport.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

mloc123 wrote: »
    I do think it may have passed..

Moderating trend so

499913.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

That was a rough hour in kildare all gone quiet now as it has passed for now. Definitely warranted an orange warning here. I know I am a bit exposed here. My neighbors were dismissing the warnings this morning but now the gob****e is trying to drag the kids trampoline from two fields away and all the felt is currently missing from his shed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

getting very dark here

Too much info...

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭MichealD

499912.JPG

Seems to have peaked in Wexford Harbour at about 87kph. Strongest between 12.30pm and 1.30pm. Plenty of thunder and lightening around too. Much quieter now.

I'd imagine those ESB outage figures are going to get a bump up. Lots more pins popping up in Wexford on powercheck site. Power gone after 1pm in Enniscorthy town - 2200 customers effected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Heard three more thunder rumbles here in Arklow towards the sea in the past 10 mins
    Wind has quietened down considerably

• Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Pressure Rising, wind speeds dropped to below 20kph, temp dropping and wind direction shifted west.

All done in Kildare hopefully. Wild enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,084 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

2pm

Belmullet gusting 64 knots
    Mace head 63 knots

• Registered Users Posts: 16,660 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Wind picking up a good bit again in the squally showers, but its not quite as strong as it was at 10 am

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Could the Liffey burst its banks in Dublin CC at this rate? Its very high.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

harr wrote: »
    That was a rough hour in kildare all gone quiet now as it has passed for now. Definitely warranted an orange warning here. I know I am a bit exposed here. My neighbors were dismissing the warnings this morning but now the gob****e is trying to drag the kids trampoline from two fields away and all the felt is currently missing from his shed :)

I shouldn't laugh but delighted for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,128 ✭✭✭pad199207

Today’s weather here has proven that an Orange Level Wind Warning is nothing to be sniffed at!

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭woohoo!!!

Noticeably dropped here in the southeast. Hopefully the fence is still intact at the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Just a light breeze in cork city now and some blue sky with dark clouds. Was shocking earlier on really heavy rain and really strong winds, roofs blown off the bar in ballincollig and lots of trees down. Died then in the flick of a switch. Orange was warranted here anyway, they've done great with this one.

Edit: some strong enough gusts again now

• Registered Users Posts: 12,846 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Could the Liffey burst its banks in Dublin CC at this rate? Its very high.

Nope, if it was to burst it be places like Strawberry beds etc. Town will be grand, saw it higher in the past.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Brightening skies and standard winter wind/gusting in Waterford City.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,128 ✭✭✭pad199207

Roof blown off Crèche in Naas

• Registered Users Posts: 4,750 ✭✭✭endainoz

Wind picking up again in North Clare.

Mean speeds are actually higher than this morning now. I don't think it will get much higher that this though.

Very heavy rain and hail passing through, about 10km south of Dundalk. Gusty wind too.

Yep, I'd say we got about 20-30 mins of it here in Dundalk Town. Squall line clearing into the Irish Sea now.

499917.jpg

I would hazard a guess that most of the "nothing here" posts are coming from people sitting in modern mass concrete building s on the sheltered side.

Pretty spot on warning for mayo from what I experienced travelling the west coast this morning. Lots of debris on the road and trees noticeably swaying. Very difficult to stand still outside.

Sitting in in the office on the north side of the house later on you could look out and say it was just a windy day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Gusting again in Galway City alright.

Advertisement