Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How did you score in your last round? - 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,859 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

First game back, Played the back 9 in castleknock this morning.
    Reasonable round, 3putts on 11 and again on 15 were the only mishaps.
    +4 for the 9 holes off the back sticks

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Golfhead65

35 pts off 8 first game back so happy as I've lost a shot with WHS..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,466 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

A joy to be back. Just the old 7 holes in Grange Castle as I can't get back across the border to my home club yet.

Played relatively well given I haven't swung a club even to practice in 2 months (apartment living means no back garden to swing in)

13 points for the 7 holes. Gave myself a handicap of 4 (worked off old GUI of 10)

Pulled my drive OOB on the last hole, but made a 2nd ball par for a point on the last.

Putted well, drove well, short game solid. Irons were a struggle.

But it's great to be finishing the year playing golf.

535260.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Golfhead65

How much for the 7 holes in Grange Castle Space

• Registered Users Posts: 8,466 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Golfhead65 wrote: »
    How much for the 7 holes in Grange Castle Space

12.50 golfhead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

Got out yesterday in Moate for a 13 hole competition which was just as well as we were unable to open at all today as the fog was so dense and never lifted. I had my best round for about 2 years with 31pts for 13 holes (off 17) and I scratched the 13th! Turkey voucher in the bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭rickis tache

9 holes off 12. Had 17 points.
    Very soft conditions.
    Only played 2 other times since lockdown lifted and both were 13 holes. Very tired after all games.
    Need to up fitness over the winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

12.50 golfhead

completely forgot about the 7 hole course there, deffo going to hit it up this week and next as the home course is solid booked.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,563 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

19 points through 14 holes in Corballis yesterday.

Weird round. Putting was best I've had it in a long time. And the three times I hit driver were beauties. Wedge play was ok. But just could not hit a mid iron for the life of me. Every shot I tried to hit with 5i-8i was either duffed, fat or pushed. First round I played with my new Handicap which has seen me drop from 21 to 17.

Was irritated to only get 14 holes in though. There was a fourball ahead of us who were on the teebox for a good five minutes before their tee time. And still managed to not tee off until our tee time fifteen minutes later. They were so slow as well, one guy came back to the teebox three times on three holes to hit another tee shot rather than just hitting a provo if it looked like he was in trouble. There was no group out ahead of them either (three ball two slots before we didn't catch sight of all day) so if they had have let us play through probably could have got 18 in. 3h50m for 14 holes and had to call it a day myself then to go pick up the kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭willabur

Frisbee wrote: »

Weird round. Putting was best I've had it in a long time. And the three times I hit driver were beauties. Wedge play was ok. But just could not hit a mid iron for the life of me. Every shot I tried to hit with 5i-8i was either duffed, fat or pushed. First round I played with my new Handicap which has seen me drop from 21 to 17.

Was irritated to only get 14 holes in though. There was a fourball ahead of us who were on the teebox for a good five minutes before their tee time. And still managed to not tee off until our tee time fifteen minutes later. They were so slow as well, one guy came back to the teebox three times on three holes to hit another tee shot rather than just hitting a provo if it looked like he was in trouble. There was no group out ahead of them either (three ball two slots before we didn't catch sight of all day) so if they had have let us play through probably could have got 18 in. 3h50m for 14 holes and had to call it a day myself then to go pick up the kid.

that is chronic amount of time for 14 holes in corballis.
    We played last thursday full 18 in 3hours 10 mins

There is a special place in hell reserved for people who don't allow groups to play through on a day where a course is not busy

• Advertisement

willabur wrote: »
    that is chronic amount of time for 14 holes in corballis.
    We played last thursday full 18 in 3hours 10 mins

There is a special place in hell reserved for people who don't allow groups to play through on a day where a course is not busy

tbf the timesheet was rammed. It just so happened there was an empty slot between these lads and the three ball before them. And then they were ten minutes late getting off the first tee so a 30 minute gap that they managed to extend. If we had have gotten out ahead of them we would have gotten 18 in comfortably.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Frisbee wrote: »

Was anything said to them? You had 4 perfectly good opportunities to do so.

Yep I said it to them on first tee. But not that forcefully really as didn't want to be that guy straight off the bat. Then again on 3 tee. And then again on 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭chalky_ie

Anyone played Druids Glen recently, is the place in good nick?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

conor-w wrote: »
    Anyone played Druids Glen recently, is the place in good nick?

Greens are nice but course very soft. Expect to lose a few plugged balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,859 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

First comp today in months.
    God I was crap :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭finglashoop

9 hole comp this morning

6 pars a bogey and a double. Missed only one fairway by about 10 yards.

Played an open is swords yesterday and couldn't get the ball off the tee

First game back today, 12 pts for nine holes, things can only get better 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

9 hole comp this morning

6 pars a bogey and a double. Missed only one fairway by about 10 yards.

Played an open is swords yesterday and couldn't get the ball off the tee

Should be in the prizes!!

gypsy79 wrote: »
    Should be in the prizes!!

Ah sure we'll see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭blue note

blue note wrote: »
    My game was crap before lockdown. No practice for 6 weeks should make it worse. But being honest.... I'll get giddy on the drive out to the course and start dreaming about going around level par (my new handicap is 17).

On the upside, I tend to look back on my rounds with rose tinted glasses. I could have 24 points, but will find reasons to not be concerned about various scratches and double bogeys. Apparently Dustin Johnson is the same - however he plays, whatever he shoots he always thinks he played well. He and I are very alike from a golfing point of view (there's my rose tinted glasses).

I played 12 holes yesterday. I wasn't level par, but I was pretty good! +4 for the 12.

2 doubles
    1 bogey
    8 pars and a birdie.

Tis a funny game. Last time I played before the lockdown I had 6 points after 9 holes. Yesterday with my new handicap I'd have had 31 points for the 12 holes.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

25pts for 13 holes today. Fairly soft conditions. Happy enough to be playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭CorkBoyInDub

29 points off 12 holes over the weekend. Was +6 which for a 15.3 handicapper was quite good. Pick and place everywhere and fairway out of play but great to be back striking the ball

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

Ah sure we'll see.

Beaten to second by a player with a reputation

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭CONSI

33 points of 10...couldnt hit the ball yet alone a fairway or green for the first 6 holes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,457 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

First comp after lockdown was poor enough, 28 points. But I wasn't actually playing badly. One knocked drive and frittering shots away on very slow greens. Today was better, +4 for 11 holes, 7 pars 4 bogeys, that would have been 26 points. Placing helps a bit especially around the greens. Nice to be out again.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭chalky_ie

Greens are nice but course very soft. Expect to lose a few plugged balls.

Played today, jesus it was tough with how wet it was. 24 points with 6/7 scratches, not my finest day :D. I find it very hard to have to hit driver that much, there is always a lost ball lurking for me.

gypsy79 wrote: »
    Beaten to second by a player with a reputation

Reputation?
    Countback done me alright

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭blue note

blue note wrote: »
    I played 12 holes yesterday. I wasn't level par, but I was pretty good! +4 for the 12.

2 doubles
    1 bogey
    8 pars and a birdie.

Tis a funny game. Last time I played before the lockdown I had 6 points after 9 holes. Yesterday with my new handicap I'd have had 31 points for the 12 holes.

The lockdown hasn't been too bad for my golf game it seems. Played 18 this morning in a big wind and was +15 off 16. A decent round considering the wind!

I dropped 9 shots on the first 6 holes and 6 shots on the
    last 3.i was level par for the 9 one stretch inbetween. Overall ;

2 birdies
    6 pars
    5 bogies
    3 doubles
    2 triples

A few dropped shots from misjudging the wind, carried the greens on 2, 13, 17, 18. Left myself just short (and ran back ian down the hills in front of the greens) on 1, 5, 6. Two terrible 3 putts from about 15 and 10 feet. And I chunked 3 chips (failed to reach the green from about 5 yards).

But generally I struck it great, holed a few good putts, left my chips close. Considering before the lockdown at least 80% of my rounds were less that 30 points, I'm delighted to put in two decent performances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭rickis tache

21 points for 11 holes yesterday.
    Very soft under foot, so much so I think it should of been closed.

Advertisement