Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 9)

Options

Comments

Sardonicat wrote: »
    @Buile

Axel is The Dude!

Haha yep he is. He's the coolest cat I've ever met.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Here's one I posted of my ginger ponce earlier in the pets thread:

His Lordship, Sir Gilbert Fluffy Knickers of Fluffledom

• Registered Users Posts: 21,841 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

^^ That reminds me it's around about time for cowslips soon, yay

I love cowslips , such a simple delicate pretty flower :)

The day is getting away on me here today .

I was looking at that for ages earlier. He's majestic. I just love ginger cats. I want a proper
    full ginger cat like Sir Gilbert Fluffy Knickers of Fluffledom. :D so bad! But my partner won't let me get another cat. Can you believe that sh!t? It's a travesty , A TRAVESTY!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I was looking at that for ages earlier. He's majestic. I just love ginger cats. I want a proper
    full ginger cat like Sir Gilbert Fluffy Knickers of Fluffledom. :D so bad! But my partner won't let me get another cat. Can you believe that sh!t? It's a travesty , A TRAVESTY!!!

He's a poseur and very stingy with his affection. I'm allowed to stroke his head when food is imminent and that's the extent of it. No one is allowed to touch the fur! If Axel and Gilbert were rock stars Axel would be in the Rolling Stones and Gilbert would be in Duran Duran.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,810 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Just had a sugar free energy drink, my eyes are rattling :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I planted native cowslips and primroses here last year. Delighted they've come up now.
    Also wild blue aquilegia.
    The purple rambling rose I planted 3 years ago has twined all through the tree outside the kitchen window.
    Should have material for a few photos soon.
    Tiny garden but theres a lot to look at. Kept me sane during past isolations.

Drinking tea while my ginger cat attention seeks.

He's a poseur and very stingy with his affection. I'm allowed to stroke his head when food is imminent and that's the extent of it. No one is allowed to touch the fur! If Axel and Gilbert were rock stars Axel would be in the Rolling Stones and Gilbert would be in Duran Duran.

That's after making me laugh so much. I said it to my partner and we both agree Axel is a total Mick Jagger!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,810 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Widders, you absolutely must take some pics you've named flowers i have a real soft spot for, plus there's a cat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Electric Ireland dicking us around. €89 call out charge for him looking under the stairs at the unit, not touching one bit of it with his hands, and declaring it was a components board problem. He said he would order parts and be in touch. He didn’t get back in touch and when I called up they said that they’d taken wrong number down, wouldn’t order the parts without payment so it would be another week if I paid them right there that minute. Why would I pay €89 for someone to come out and confirm it wasn’t working if I didn’t want it fixed?? In meantime himself told me to try a local tradesman, which i did. Asked for a quote for a component board, and he was really nice and asked why I thought it was that. Gave him the whole story and he told me to go turn the thermostat up full power and try the boiler. I did it and it worked. He said the boiler sounds fine and that it is a thermostat problem. He is coming out next week to fix the thermostat and the house is warming up. Thrilled

• Advertisement

Electric Ireland dicking us around. €89 call out charge for him looking under the stairs at the unit, not touching one bit of it with his hands, and declaring it was a components board problem. He said he would order parts and be in touch. He didn’t get back in touch and when I called up they said that they’d taken wrong number down, wouldn’t order the parts without payment so it would be another week if I paid them right there that minute. Why would I pay €89 for someone to come out and confirm it wasn’t working if I didn’t want it fixed?? In meantime himself told me to try a local tradesman, which i did. Asked for a quote for a component board, and he was really nice and asked why I thought it was that. Gave him the whole story and he told me to go turn the thermostat up full power and try the boiler. I did it and it worked. He said the boiler sounds fine and that it is a thermostat problem. He is coming out next week to fix the thermostat and the house is warming up. Thrilled

What a chancer. You should ring electric Ireland and complain. Keep that tradesman on speed dial. An honest and reliable tradesperson is a godsend.

Jaysis Shoes what a lummox, glad you're sorted temporarily now and it'll be fixed next week :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,044 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Consider it stolen! I failed. Failed I tell you! Faaaaaiiilllleeedd!!!!

I saw bumblebees .. but only in flight and my phone is too crappy to capture anything in flight. Aw well. Tomorrow is another day!

Here's an Axel selfie for you though.

There gorgeous 😻

Just woke up from my nap, time for a cupan Tae me thinks.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,044 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Widders, you absolutely must take some pics you've named flowers i have a real soft spot for, plus there's a cat!

+1 for this and also Cats rule all 🐈

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Afternoon all,

Post work and shopping side

I see a lot of aul cats here :D

I give you Princess Sally of Garraunkyle (honest!) better known as Heidi who really doesn't like cats :D

heidi.jpg

Seven Worlds will Collide

Very pretty pooch, i suppose she knows it too? :P

+1 for this and also Cats rule all 🐈

Just tried to add some to Imgur there but they're not showimg up.
    It's the only way I can link to photos.
    Will try again when there's more in flower.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,053 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Such a beggar. .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Metallica style beer??!!!
    I mean .... I had to try it..sure at the moment...
    Nothing Else Matters!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,053 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Corona test results back, negative, so at least all of my OCD behaviour has paid off so far.

• Advertisement

Les fleurs du mal
    https://imgur.com/gallery/6boJ0y9

Other flowers in there too, from previous years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭4Ad

smurfjed wrote: »
    Cornona test results back, negative, so at least all of my OCD behaviour have paid off so far.

Great news !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Metallica style beer??!!!
    I mean .... I had to try it..sure at the moment...
    Nothing Else Matters!

METALLICANSSSSSSSS

Myself and my brother drank a pile of them going up to Slane last year! :D

Enough news watched for the evening now , time to put on something to eat , quarterpounders , salad and a few chips this evening . Seph , your plate is here already .....:)

Homeward bound, pig of a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,104 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Enough news watched for the evening now , time to put on something to eat , quarterpounders , salad and a few chips this evening . Seph , your plate is here already .....:)

Feck Seph.:D What about a plate for a weary cook who's been on the job for 3 weeks flat. Once again I am so so tempted to break my vow and order a takeaway.

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Feck Seph.:D What about a plate for a weary cook who's been on the job for 3 weeks flat. Once again I am so so tempted to break my vow and order a takeaway.

Ha , no problem at all G , I'll do a doorstep delivery :D
    Takeaway , sounds so good , tough decision tbh .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,104 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Ha , no problem at all G , I'll do a doorstep delivery :D
    Takeaway , sounds so good , tough decision tbh .

A feck it. I have some Lamb Balti left over. Just have to boil some rice. But getting sick of Airfryer chips. Oh for some deep fried chips.:D

Grandeeod wrote: »

Feck off you, that plate is mine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

In Four Star Pizza collecting dinner..
    I am sure it used to be called Five star pizza...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement