Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 9)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,810 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

In Four Star Pizza collecting dinner..
    I am sure it used to be called Five star pizza...

Yup, general manager was one Janet Jackson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Yup, general manager was one Janet Jackson

Five Star were an English band who tried to be a mix of the Jackson 5 & Janet Jackson for a few years...went tits up when 1 of the brothers went a bit.. Michael Jacksony so to speak
    "Rain or Shine'

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Five Star were an English band who tried to be a mix of the Jackson 5 & Janet Jackson for a few years...went tits up when 1 of the brothers went a bit.. Michael Jacksony so to speak
    "Rain or Shine'

I always wondered what happened to them. They were sh1tting out hits in the mid 80s. When you day Michael Jacksony..?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,476 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

This thread was busy today! Love all the photos. I haven't seen a ladybird in years Olddog!

Shopping and work done, an exciting Friday night beckons. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,841 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I'm trying to judge timing and posts here , hoping I won't have to shout GLITCH :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,841 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Fail :(

Which worked :o

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Feck off you, that plate is mine.

Behave, any more of that language & it's straight to bed.

:P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,044 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Behave, any more of that language & it's straight to bed.

tumblr_msfzugzO2v1r1xg8co1_500.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,810 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Painkillers, couch, whiskey and Wild Wild Country lined up on netflix for later

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Here's one I posted of my ginger ponce earlier in the pets thread:

His Lordship, Sir Gilbert Fluffy Knickers of Fluffledom

One look at Sir Gilbert's whiskers and its clear the you have an aristocat. :)

• Advertisement

0lddog wrote: »
    One look at Sir Gilbert's whiskers and its clear the you have an aristocat. :)

His Lordship bestows his approval upon thee. Aren't you lucky?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Evening all :)

Lovely photos and especially The doggies :)

Now Couchside contemplating will I move to the kitchen or just stay here :D It's a tough decision

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭supermouse

Lads, it's Friday night. What kind of craziness are we all getting up to???
    LOLZ, I am on the couch, in front of the fire with a tea, on the way to meditate for an hour. Living the H I G H life!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,044 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Autosport wrote: »
    Evening all :)

Lovely photos and especially The doggies :)

Now Couchside contemplating will I move to the kitchen or just stay here :D It's a tough decision

Move to the kitchen............

and make a pot of tea for us :D

supermouse wrote: »
    on the way to meditate for an hour. Living the H I G H life!

Wow slow down your madness there like! :eek:

:pac:

Anything you say Sir Seph

:D. he'll be waiting a while

Kitchen, warming up some sweet and sour for my dinner. Fires lighting. Might watch a film in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭supermouse

EAR DEEP IN MY APPLE PIE I MADE TODAY - NOT A SCREED OF MEDITATING DONE!!
    I'll never find my enlightened self. My obese self is more than likely gonna show up though ;) ..!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Headache and sick stomach, the joys.
    The stove glass broke. Tomorrow I'll find out if any places selling and delivering stove glass are open.
    Oh's mother is sick with respiratory symptoms.
    I was reading that China found a strain that lasts 49 days. I feel like I have something similar. That one has mild symptoms, I'd say mine are moderate, but it wanes and waxes.

@Widders I hope your mil is OK

There are strains of this thing!?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

A rather quiet and “down” day today. Did manage to get the dry run for my online lectures that I should have given in person in March sorted out....sort of! :D Now comes the hard part...

It will take a good bit more tweaking but I’ll get there! :) And the very good news that the computer repair guy who repaired to power unit on my desktop PC and got me a new webcam and microphone was also able to get me a badly needed new printer.

Thanks for all the kind words of condolences Wherers. :) But I’m not the one who really needs them at the moment.

Obviously still rather stunned at the news about my old college friend’s wife. So young, they seemed so happy - nice house in Wicklow (I was there quite a few years ago) happy children, successful careers (she was working part time in event management). I hadn’t been in as much contact with the guy in the past decade or so - we were really more good acquaintances than real close friends - but the friend who phoned me up late last night after sending me a text asking if it was ok to call - was pretty close to them. I was on the phone earlier to two other friends from my college days and we are all just shocked and stunned.

I imagine the funeral will - out of necessity - be a very small affair, numbers wise. I plan to phone the guy tomorrow - not looking forward to it as I don’t think any words of condolence will be of much comfort.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

@Widders I hope your mil is OK

There are strains of this thing!?

Thanks. She is a force of nature. In a good way.

I might be using the wrong term but yes, I think there are 3, now. I could be wrong.

JupiterKid wrote: »
    A rather quiet and “down” day today. Did manage to get the dry run for my online lectures that I should have given in person in March sorted out....sort of! :D Now comes the hard part...

It will take a good bit more tweaking but I’ll get there! :) And the very good news that the computer repair guy who repaired to power unit on my desktop PC and got me a new webcam and microphone was also able to get me a badly needed new printer.

Thanks for all the kind words of condolences Wherers. :) But I’m not the one who really needs them at the moment.

Obviously still rather stunned at the news about my old college friend’s wife. So young, they seemed so happy - nice house in Wicklow (I was there quite a few years ago) happy children, successful careers (she was working part time in event management). I hadn’t been in as much contact with the guy in the past decade or so - we were really more good acquaintances than real close friends - but the friend who phoned me up late last night after sending me a text asking if it was ok to call - was pretty close to them. I was on the phone earlier to two other friends from my college days and we are all just shocked and stunned.

I imagine the funeral will - out of necessity - be a very small affair, numbers wise. I plan to phone the guy tomorrow - not looking forward to it as I don’t think any words of condolence will be of much comfort.

The call will mean a lot to him. Don't worry about the words. You're a good guy, Kid.

I hope your all having a wonderful Friday night :)

Couchside watching the late late show

• Registered Users Posts: 11,879 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Very bad news for our family today. Keep us all in your Prayers.

anewme wrote: »

Very sorry to hear that anewme.x

anewme wrote: »

Thinking of you and yours. Take care

• Registered Users Posts: 13,501 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

In the garage having a Guinness and taking a break from covid19 for 5 minutes.
    Really sorry to hear of tough times for a couple of posters here.
    I hope things get better for you and always remember there's plenty of anonymous cyber ears here if you need

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

I always wondered what happened to them. They were sh1tting out hits in the mid 80s. When you day Michael Jacksony..?

Sorry, logged off for a few hours. There are always rumours about Steadman ... things would make the papers and the then go away...he did get some for sex acts in public or something, can't remember now.
    It all.wwnt a bit wrong for them.. drugs, sex and internal bickering.... rain or shine me arse :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,476 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Isn't this just such a lonely and worrying time? It's nice to have this group here to vent, laugh and moan with.

It certainly puts a lot into perspective.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement