Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 9)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Listening to YouTube on the telly. I think pink speaks to my soul. Not a huge fan but her lyrics and manic behaviour in her videos, I feel it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Watching more great stuff on the IFI Archive Player. A brilliant way of seeing why we are in the social/housing mess we are in and Covid-19 wasn't around then! So glad I'm spending this down time watching some great stuff. Staying connected to my roots and reality. It might save me. It might not. But at least its honest. Enjoy yourselves folks any way you can, but be honest with yourselves,

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Watching TV, my OH insists on watching a lot of news and current affairs (watching Prime Time now). Makes for very depressing viewing. It is complete tragedy and carnage in Spain right now. :(

On the plus side, managed to get the dry run for my online lectures up and running. So much to catch up on over the next week...

Stay safe and well Wherers! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,082 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Today was my first news free day Jupiter. It wears you down over time. So depressing.
    I needed a reboot so a few days of no news and only talking to optimistic people is what I need.

Couchside. Chillin', listening to my favourite (mellow) music mix.

Happy-tired after few hours of phone calls to friends and family, both here and stateside. And happy-full after Mexican-food night. Where's RedNeck when ya need him to remind you whats what when it comes to Mexican food and tequila? Hope he's ok. heh.

I *might* go mad and watch Sicario again.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I haven't watched the news all week I don't think, just can't bare looking at it anymore, I traumatised enough from being forced to watch fair city!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,629 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I'm down to reading the latest on rte news online.

Sanity is important to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Today was my first news free day Jupiter. It wears you down over time. So depressing.
    I needed a reboot so a few days of no news and only talking to optimistic people is what I need.

Been saying that for years trig. Unless it directly affects me I don’t want to know, and if it does directly affect me, to be honest I still probably don’t want to know.
    Our boilers broken and the house is freezing. Hope it’s going to be fixed tomorrow

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,882 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

In bed, alarms set eek!

In bed, alarms set eek!

Are you still expected to go in as normal?

Stay safe, Grem, we need you for the night shift here too. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,098 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

In bed, alarms set eek!

Can't remember the last time I set mine :(

To thine own self be true

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,882 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Back to normal nightshift Saturday.. Sly fecker caught me half asleep when he phoned me earlier. Though I think it's a proper reason they need cover this time

I did a big shop this morning. First time out in at least 5 days. Despite eejits not thinking about it, I am. Happy enough to sit in again and again and for whatever it takes. I had some great alternative viewing tonight and have lots of usual options for back up like recordings and Disney+:D

I drop into the news twice a day to keep up to speed, I never ignore it. I'm facing up to the financial reality and remaining calm. What else can you do. All happy here. Loads of food and drink and chocolate. I very much doubt there will be a divorce case in my home as we are so connected due to life experiences, that it's a real united front. **** times alright, but this house is happy for now. Can't ask for more.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,864 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Listening to the cows in the farm across the road, one or two are calving , other than that it's very quiet and peaceful here .

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Listening to the cows in the farm across the road, one or two are calving , other than that it's very quiet and peaceful here .

New life! Easy to forget that normal things are still happening.

New life! Easy to forget that normal things are still happening.

Normal things are still happening????:eek:

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Normal things are still happening????:eek:

Well, in the bovine world anyway! :P

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Just off the phone. Feeling shocked and numb.

A good friend from my college days phoned me to tell me that another college friend’s wife took her own life this morning. She was 40 years old and leaves behind her husband and a son and a daughter, aged 12 and 9.

She had been struggling with depression and anxiety the past couple of years and left a note telling her husband that life for him and the children would be better without her burdening them - and that the Covid-19 situation was the final straw for her.

I met her a few times over the years - she was a very outgoing, elegant and lovely woman. Last time I met her was at my mate’s 40th birthday bash a few years back.

God this is awful. :(

Sorry to hear that, Jupiter. The never ending negativity is getting to all of us, it must be tortuous for people already in a bad place.

Her poor husband and children. :(

No words JupiterKid. Just no words for that.
    So sorry. God love her and the poor survivors.

• Advertisement

Awful news Jupiterkid,so sorry to hear that,her poor family.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,864 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

So sorry Jupiter Kid , that's so sad , am lost for words tbh .

Oh Jupiter, that's so sad, we just never know what is going on in someone's head.

That's why I hate people saying things like ' oh you're grumpy today' or ' what's wrong with you, cheer up will ya'
    People just need to allow others be themselves.

Such a hard time for her family now, restrictions making it harder for people to comfort them.
    So sad.

Nothing to add Jupiter.

Jupiter I'm so sorry. That's all there is to say from me..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Sorry to hear that JK, no words .

Just to make sure everyone else is OK, has graces7 posted again yet?

Haven't seen grace about in a week or two.

Sweet dreams all 😴💤 x

Haven't seen grace about in a week or two.

Sweet dreams all 😴💀 x

Redneck mia too. Maybe he's in a tequila coma. Hope Grace is OK really.

Good night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,252 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

So sorry to hear that Jupiter xxxx

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement