Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 9)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

So sorry to hear that JK.

We have no idea what is going on in anyone's head. Now more than ever, we need to check in with each other. We are all getting more and more mental baggage. Sharing this is essential.

We do have a laugh and a skit here, but even just talking to an anonymous name helps if you are unable in real life.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Was watching an episode of inside the k, a show about Gardaí in a sector of Dublin, gather it was filmed around September last year and the mental health calls they were getting were heartbreaking, can only imagine how many more feel the pressure and isolation.
    Indeed I've never been too quiet about my own difficulties and losses over the years. It's a very lost and lonely kind of time where anxieties run rampant.
    Jupiter, here if you ever need a chat man.
    That goes for the rest of you too. Maybe my experience might help or alleviate fears. Problem shared does help..
    Love and hugs to each and every one of you.
    Grem

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Sorry to heat that JK.

Nearly sure that Smurf posted that Graces was fine a day or so ago.

I’m still in bed but need to get up for a 9am meeting, might have to keep the webcam switched off.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

@Poochie05, yes I did post that, she is doing OK, as are her cats.

Good Morning all, Nespresso time as usual.

It’s soul destroying to hear of a 40 year old mother taking her life because of this, it’s just so wrong is so many ways.

My view this morning.

• Advertisement

I miss this guy :)

I love your dog so much smurf!!

My own mutt has decided it's walk time, so glad I live beside the park

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

bubblypop wrote: »
    I love your dog so much smurf!!

My own mutt has decided it's walk time, so glad I live beside the park

The pheonix?

Deskside with the sweet stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 21,857 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

It's a gorgeous morning , time to do shopping and doorstep delivering again , Happy Friday folks :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

2.5 hours done.. Lummox of a colleague has his phone diverted and is not responding to anything, it may be better to forget he exists for my mind..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Deskside, sunshining in the window, it's easy to forget the woes of the outside world sometimes.

Hope everyones Friday treats them well and gives them some cheer in some way!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Am working away in the home office and looking out upon the sunny neighbourhood.
    It’s Friday and the end of the work week so am feeling slightly less grumpy than usual –considering its still the AM.
    Might spin the wheel to decide which friend to wind-up for the rest of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Morning all :)

Smurf we all miss your dog :)

I'm now contemplating what to do for the day

Couchside

• Registered Users Posts: 16,601 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Morning all, lovely sunny one too! It's the weekend, I think I'll stay at home ...

We're heading into the eye of the storm now, so stay safe and keep a strict limit on how much news you watch/read.

I'd love some bubblewrap

Feck, airline side of my company has just terminated all foreign pilots with two weeks notice, or given them the option to take 6 months unpaid leave but without any method of getting out of the country.

Kinda glad that I’m still working even if stuck in a hotel.

Wow Smurf, that's severe the longterm fallout will be massive indeed

The pheonix?

yep, it's really great:)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Sorry to hear that Jupiter.

Currently I am at work for the last time before my 3 week furlough period.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

On the floor playing solitaire and listening to podcasts. Woke up at half five and decided to start early, so I've already done most of my planned work for today and bought the dog for a walk. The lunch will be dropped off on my doorstep shortly and then I'll skype two of my brothers (one in the house, one overseas) so we can have lunch together.

I like the idea of uploading the odd photo - it's nice to see something beyond this 2km radius! Here's one from my walk this morning (dog just about included, of course)

• Advertisement

^^ Hah! What dog says i to myself :o

bolgbui41 wrote: »
    I like the idea of uploading the odd photo - it's nice to see something beyond this 2km radius! Here's one from my walk this morning (dog just about included, of course)

Unfortunately the only photo I could upload is my fat hairy man neighbor who walks around his house wearing only his jocks. :eek:

I need to move my home office to somewhere with a better view!

Unfortunately the only photo I could upload is my fat hairy man neighbor who walks around his house wearing only his jocks. :eek:

I need to move my home office to somewhere with a better view!

Are you from nineties comedy Friends? :P

Deskside, white chocolate, weirdly the bar wrapper came with an option to reseal it, what's that about?

Are you from nineties comedy Friends? :P

No, but if I was I think I would be a cross between Gunther and the Soup Nazi. :pac:

Edit: Just remembered - Soup Nazi was from Seinfeld.

I'd be upstairs neighbour

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

^^ Hah! What dog says i to myself :o

You can juuuust about the top of her head if you look very, very closely at the bottom of the picture. She's impossible to photograph because she never stays still - I think we've only managed about two semi-decent photos of in the last 15 years.

On the settee, drinking tae and watching the news.

I'm in my garden with the dogs and today I am determined to catch a photo of a bumblebee even if it ends up a total blur.

I slept awful last night but hopefully I'll be nice and tired tonight now and get to sleep early. One can wish anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,379 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Deskside, white chocolate, weirdly the bar wrapper came with an option to reseal it, what's that about?

Apparently, there are some weirdos who don't scoff the entire bar at once. Bizarrely, they take a piece or two to eat then put the bar away again til later. Personally, I use the ability to do this as a good indicator of whether or not a person is sound. These individuals tend to actively dislike, or claim not 'to get' Kate Bush. Best avoided at all costs.

What's "to get" about Kate Bush?. She's enchanting and wild and wonderful

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Just back from my walk, wasn't feeling it today.
    2.5 hours done.. Lummox of a colleague has his phone diverted and is not responding to anything, it may be better to forget he exists for my mind..

Gremlin is working the day shift :eek:?

tenor.gif
    bubblypop wrote: »
    yep, it's really great:)

I was only ever in the pheonix once and we went in through the entrance near the train station and went over the pope monument yolk

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement