Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 9)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,548 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Guy Person wrote: »
    I'll certainly volunteer. It would make a nice change from me dropping the hand on myself.

:D

You need to get something for your 'friend'.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Thank you for saying this Sardonicat and thank you for classing the thread up recently with your presence. Unfortunately there are a small number of posters here who do post smut and innuendo and honestly I find it very unbecumming.

Appreciate those words, Guy. I'm feeling you. Deeply.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

You got the thrust of his words then?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

honeybear wrote: »
    .....I’m like a land girl helping out on the family farm and watching over my elderly parents from a safe distance......

Bumbóg, this sounds very interesting. Do they have something like an Aga that needs an old dog to sleep beside it ?

Homeside, running out of excuses, may have to cut the grass for the first time this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Cracking day out here in Portmarnock.

The carparks and beach are packed with visitors, FFS please keep away. This is madness.

Well Mother's Day, and I can't visit mine. I tried ordering flowers during the week but couldn't find anyone with availability for Mothers Day.

Some people suggested I visit and leave flowers at the door but I'd rather not now. I phone call will have to do for this year. Both my parents are on oxygen so I'm taking now chances.

My mood isn't too bad today. I don't mind the isolation, I've done this oversea's with the UN but I'm missing the company of friends and training partners.

I'd love a swim right now, and all the other freedoms we took for granted until the virus came along.

We're still all in good health here in the house, hope you're all good too.

Plans for the day. Train TRX and kettlebells, probably go for a run when the beach is clear later.

• Advertisement

I've just checked up on the latest news. Warning about increased cases, nearly 180 in hospital, lots of tests and equipment ordered, field hospitals to be set up etc., yet they're planning the state exams are to go ahead as normal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

couchside, planning my afternoon (making pancakes and doing my book):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I don’t tend to watch the news, thankfully. I’ve often heard it said ignorance is bliss and to be honest if that was the case my life should be a perpetual orgasm and it certainly is not. But on this topic, I’m doing pretty alright because I’m oblivious to most of what’s going.

Anyway I’m kneeling beside my bed trying to stretch my back so I don’t have to start taking pills again.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

You got the thrust of his words then?

He didn't beat about the bush.

Sardonicat wrote: »
    He didn't beat about the bush.

It sounds like he really hammered it home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

I was sure there would be a cock-up in communications in here, but it seems like it has been laid out nicely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

I don’t tend to watch the news, thankfully. I’ve often heard it said ignorance is bliss and to be honest if that was the case my life should be a perpetual orgasm and it certainly is not. But on this topic, I’m doing pretty alright because I’m oblivious to most of what’s going.

Anyway I’m kneeling beside my bed trying to stretch my back so I don’t have to start taking pills again.
    I used to be like that too Shoes, not the perpetual orgasm bit though I am hoping Sardonicat will help me out with that. Up until very recently I barely paid attention to current events as the news is always bad and it would get me down but I have decided after this I am going to make more of an effort. I may lose my job in the next few weeks so I'm keeping up with what I'd be entitled to if that happens but it is good to be clued in to what's going on around you and I intend on being so from here on in.
    Also sorry to read about your back, it sounds awful. If you have a heat pack or something similar get it on you.

Witchie wrote: »
    I was sure there would be a cock-up in communications in here, but it seems like it has been laid out nicely.

No shortcummings it seems.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Bejaysus :eek:

And there was me feeling genuinely bad and worried that I'd offended the gals of this place for what I posted 😮😮

For anyone worried about their jobs, the government are looking for all skills - admin, driving etc. Paid positions with a minimum 3 month contract, some can be done from home. Supermarkets are also recruiting and there's always the safety net of social welfare and mortgage breaks that won't affect your credit rating.

We will get through this.

Bejaysus :eek:

And there was me feeling genuinely bad and worried that I'd offended the gals of this place for what I posted 😮😮

Nope Sephers, we're not offended at all, please try harder. 😂

For anyone worried about their jobs, the government are looking for all skills - admin, driving etc. Paid positions with a minimum 3 month contract, some can be done from home. Supermarkets are also recruiting and there's always the safety net of social welfare and mortgage breaks that won't affect your credit rating.

We will get through this.
    Thanks for that Leggy, I'll keep abreast of it.

And if any of the female wherers and maybe even one or two of the lads are struggling for transport in these difficult times I'd be only too happy to give yizz a ride. I'll see if Gifted will lend me his furry dice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

And if any of the female wherers and maybe even one or two of the lads are struggling for transport in these difficult times I'd be only too happy to give yizz a ride. I'll see if Gifted will lend me his furry dice.

That is big of you. At least we can see you are not a dick.

Do I go to bed now or continue to fanny around on the sofa....decisions decisions...

Please remove the fur and give it a good sanitizing before calling for me.😂

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

I'm oh so proud of you all....I feel like a proud father waving his children off to their first day at big school!
    Smut and innuendo abound!

Please remove the fur and give it a good sanitizing before calling for me.��
    In that case I'll just use my own furry dice. No sanitising needed as they haven't been touched by anyone else's hands in a loooong time

• Registered Users Posts: 6,813 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I see this thread has lost it's way somewhat :(

Couchside chatting to my favourite woman, having a bowl of Mac Baren navy flake :D

Seven Worlds will Collide

I see this thread has lost it's way somewhat :(

Couchside chatting to my favourite woman, having a bowl of Mac Baren navy flake :D

Sometimes if you don't laugh, you'd cry.

I had to google that, a bowl of tobacco?

Ha ha definitely laughing here, thanks all. Always knew this was the Best Thread Ever :)

OK, lunch down, shopping/supplies distributed to a few peeps and settling in for some more reading. Waiting for the mad hoardes to disperse before a run later. People really are crazy, good and bad. Had to threaten an old neighbour with my Dettol spray gun earlier when I dropped off some stuff, he kept trying to chase me with cash to inappropriately overpay for a few veggies and bits. Still laughing at how deceptively fast he could move, sprightly old dude :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,870 ✭✭✭gifted

Someone call for me furry dice??.... wait a second and I'll get them....HEY DUVET, spit out me dice there girl ...lol lol

Now we know why Duvet was so quiet ...

Are the days dragging for anyone else? I think I'll have to like the Hugh Grant character in About a Boy and divide my day into segments.

9-11 - fanny about like Witchie
    11-11.15 - tea break
    11.15-1 - some housework
    1-2 - lunch
    2-bedtime - ?????????

I'm just getting bigger with all the picking I'm doing....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

gifted wrote: »
    I'm just getting bigger with all the picking I'm doing....

Ah...I've waited a lifetime for this moment!!

• Advertisement

Ah...I've waited a lifetime for this moment!!

Brilliant scene lol lol

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement