Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 9)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I'm getting 404s and clicking on the icon for last post is just refreshing the page now.

D'ya think boards has the virus?

Back from my walk feeling a lot better. Didn't encounter a soul. Got Dad's dinner on. Gonna do some washing and hoovering and a bit of ironing before hunkering down with Netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,087 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Adolescence and menopause are not a good mix in the house right now. shining a torch over the patio and wondering will it fit two. Gonna have a beer and wonder some more.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Thank fook i'm back to desktop legacy site, touch site was batsiht

• Registered Users Posts: 21,828 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Dropping stuff off on daughters doorstep then running back to the car before she opens the door, this is the reality of it for a lot of us , with family members , neighbours and friends . Community spirit :)

Grandeeod , I'm sure that sign for your door would sell like hotcakes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Sitting spaced out which is great. I know my head hurts but I don't mind.
    I forgot to say. Happy Spring Equinox! :) It's all upwards from here.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Eating onion rings. The crisps.. Listening to Rebuke and trying to calm meself..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Lovely home made dinner plus wine. I bought the veg in a veg shop instead of supermarket and they definitely taste different

Going to watch Diego Maradonna documentary at 9.

Strange times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

couchside, scanning photos for my book :)

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Grandeeod , I'm sure that sign for your door would sell like hotcakes :D

The postman complained yesterday. Don't think he got the joke. Was hard trying to listen to him from behind a window:D Out my way social distancing isn't great in the shops or on the streets. Did the last shop for two weeks today. Gloves, masks. etc. on but eejits walking past you far too close. I witnessed complete arseholes rambling around the shop at their ease and blocking aisles to check their phones.:eek: I was extremely rude to people today if they didn't display any kind of cop on. I don't care. If I haven't got the plague so far, I'm good for a few weeks staying indoors.

Some people still aren't getting it IMHO.

Grandeeod wrote: »
    The postman complained yesterday. Don't think he got the joke. Was hard trying to listen to him from behind a window:D Out my way social distancing isn't great in the shops or on the streets. Did the last shop for two weeks today. Gloves, masks. etc. on but eejits walking past you far too close. I witnessed complete arseholes rambling around the shop at their ease and blocking aisles to check their phones.:eek: I was extremely rude to people today if they didn't display any kind of cop on. I don't care. If I haven't got the plague so far, I'm good for a few weeks staying indoors.

Some people still aren't getting it IMHO.

Theres a homemade door sign doing the rounds on WhatsApp.

Self isolating
    Unless you have toilet roll, booze or big boobs
    F*** OFF.

😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,856 ✭✭✭gifted

Couch......those of ye that know me from here are probably aware that I've 3 chicks and I'd do anything for them....Who wants to hire them???

Please God give me a break from them ..lol lol

Theres a homemade door sign doing the rounds on WhatsApp.

Self isolating
    Unless you have toilet roll, booze or big boobs
    F*** OFF.

��

I have loads of toilet roll.

I have loads of booze.

Mrs G has big....

....she does really.:D

gifted wrote: »
    Couch......those of ye that know me from here are probably aware that I've 3 chicks and I'd do anything for them....Who wants to hire them???

Please God give me a break from them ..lol lol

They're saying that this isolation will lead to a baby boom, might be another chick hatching if you're not careful. 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 4,856 ✭✭✭gifted

They're saying that this isolation will lead to a baby boom, might be another chick hatching if you're not careful. 😂

Oh good god no....I've enough in 3 lol lol

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

anewme wrote: »
    Lovely home made dinner plus wine. I bought the veg in a veg shop instead of supermarket and they definitely taste different

Going to watch Diego Maradonna documentary at 9.

Strange times.
    No veg shops here for a few years now. I was going to be healthy, but I'm in a foul humour and have just realised I haven't eaten.

Dinner will be curry instant noodle sandwiches washed down with beer.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

No veg shops here for a few years now. I was going to be healthy, but I'm in a foul humour and have just realised I haven't eaten.

Dinner will be curry instant noodle sandwiches washed down with beer.

What kind of beer though?

Gonna leave this here and hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Evening all :)

Couchside watching the news and chatting with my favourite man :)

What kind of beer though?

Coors light, Sephers.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Coors light, Sephers.

For a second there I thought you were gonna Corona Sephers :pac:

• Advertisement

For a second there I thought you were gonna Corona Sephers :pac:
    I was never a fan of that!

Watching - Wish you were here from 1987. Emily Loyd. Triggers daughter.:D All a bit cryptic for some unless you are of a certain age. Wonderful film. Enjoying a beer with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Stuck to the couch. One coffee and kitkat mini. I had a sort of inner meltdown yesterday. My usual resilience and tenacity left me and I was plunged in to anxiety and irrational thoughts. I'm finding it difficult to keep a calm head these days and am a little disappointed in myself that I'm experiencing this. I know its understandable given the circumstances but still.
    One day at a time.

Ups and downs, smiles and frowns.

None of us like whats happens, its hitting us all at different times throughout the day (myself included). I think the older we get the more nervous of this virus we are.

I got hit with a really bad low today when I heard that 50% of those critical in France are in their 50's, so I took a minute out to lick my wounds and reminded myself that I've never been a smoker, that I'm very fit and strong for my age (I was 54 on the 9th) and whilst I'll probably get it at some stage I've a good pair of lungs and rarely get sick.

But I clear my internet history every time I log off, just in case :D

Each and every one of us are in this together.

Btw a few of us had a little pow wow in work the other day, and lads you'd say would never have a doubtful moment all without exception admitted that they were all getting a little anxious at different times during the day.

We're living in surreal times.

So anyway to the thread.

I went on a nice cycle, nothing too taxing and took time out to sit in the dunes on Portmarnock beach, looking at all the families merrily playing ball, cycling and walking on the beach and a big dark cloud came over me. It was an every day scene, but there's a virus among us, I got really down (can't wait to get back to work on Monday).

506528.jpg

Got back on the bike and cycled off again, picked up a beer (on my second now) and reminded myself that tonight I'm in good health as are my family & friends.

I'll feck off to bed shortly, reading The Bee Keeper of Aleppo. I couldn't get to grips with it until this week and really enjoying it now.

Anyone following the Defence Forces on twitter or facebook?. There's a clip gone up this evening of the army setting up a Covid-19 testing station alongside LE Samuel Beckett who is tied up alongside Sir John Rogerson Quay in Dublin, worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,828 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Deskside, shortly i'll go out with my tapemeasure and split up folk standing too close :P I'm joking, i'd be like a nun at a teen disco :pac:
    I'm not seeing too many people i know do reckless things but it only takes a few, definitely teens hanging about here and there though i can kinda feel bad for them in my own way too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Deskside, shortly i'll go out with my tapemeasure and split up folk standing too close :P I'm joking, i'd be like a nun at a teen disco :pac:
    I'm not seeing too many people i know do reckless things but it only takes a few, definitely teens hanging about here and there though i can kinda feel bad for them in my own way too.

Instead of leaving enough room for the Holy Spirit, we need to leave enough room for the Holy Family!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

Anyone following the Defence Forces on twitter or facebook?. There's a clip gone up this evening of the army setting up a Covid-19 testing station alongside LE Samuel Beckett who is tied up alongside Sir John Rogerson Quay in Dublin, worth a look.
    I'm not following them on social media but I did get a message on WhatsApp today with a picture of it informing me that this was the start of Ireland going into forced quarantine. The person that sent me that is an intelligent human being but I informed her she is spending way way too much time on Facebook/WhatsApp. It's scary how some people just react and panic without thinking or even checking first and then message as many people as possible spreading panic even more. One thing I am telling as many people as possible is to go to Journal.ie as they are doing a great job debunking lots of the rubbish going around on social media.

Also nice bike :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Mak its great to read your stories and I think it helps us to read that so many people are putting their lives at risk for us and I thank you for your contributions :)

Couchside, just watched Lost Girls on Netflix, not quite the pick me up I needed. I remember when the bodies were discovered, the NY Times had an amazing article on it way back then. V good though and sure Gabriel :D (Bracken anybody? )

Mak: ditto!!! You and the rest of the frontline deserve more than a few free coffees too... Long way to go I know, but those who stepped up will not be forgotten here. Feeling a bit desperate for all my US-side peeps. Without federal support (which isn't there) I fear they're going to be lost in this in weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Guy Person wrote: »
    I'm not following them on social media but I did get a message on WhatsApp today with a picture of it informing me that this was the start of Ireland going into forced quarantine. The person that sent me that is an intelligent human being but I informed her she is spending way way too much time on Facebook/WhatsApp. It's scary how some people just react and panic without thinking or even checking first and then message as many people as possible spreading panic even more. One thing I am telling as many people as possible is to go to Journal.ie as they are doing a great job debunking lots of the rubbish going around on social media.

Also nice bike :)

Cheers (re. the bike, she's my hybrid the other bike is in storage atm).

Re the tents on the quays.. I've made no secret in this thread that I'm a soldier, so I'll go on from there. I don't follow the journal but I've told a few people if they're concerned about anything regarding the DF (army, air corps & navy) to follow the source of whatever they're concerned about and if it didn't come from an official army source we're likely not doing it.

We're here to support the HSE, Dept of Health, An Garda, National Ambulance Service etc.

We bring things to the table which just aren't available to these agencies, like quickly setting up the LE Samuel Beckett (I believe the LE Either is alongside Galway) as a testing station, rapidly setting up communications (signals, IT, telephone networks etc), engineers and we've experience of operating in the field, setting up quarantine centers (think of the navies experience in the Med Sea), infectious diseases (Ebola in west Africa).

We're a national asset and here to support the people, we're bringing absolutely nothing negative to this fight.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement