Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London Bridge Incident - mod warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,352 ✭✭✭AllForIt

So the culprit was a convicted terrorist. I don't know any more that that but should terrorists be released at all? I hope Priti Patel lives up to her reputation come Dec 13 because there defiantly needs to be a rethink in how these people are dealt with.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,411 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

AllForIt wrote: »
    So the culprit was a convicted terrorist. I don't know any more that that but should terrorists be released at all? I hope Priti Patel lives up to her reputation come Dec 13 because there defiantly needs to be a rethink in how these people are dealt with.

What happened today is how they should be dealt with.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

The guy was a known terrorist who was convicted of previous terrorist crimes but was let out and tagged.
    So it seems this slaughter could have been avoided if it was handled right in the first place by the judicial process.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

The guy was a known terrorist who was convicted of previous terrorist crimes but was let out and tagged.
    So it seems this slaughter could have been avoided if it was handled right in the first place by the judicial process.

Is it the lefty’s or the righty’s in charge of this utopia where people get charged and let out before they commit terrorism?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

What happened today is how they should be dealt with.

If your convicted of planning etc terrorist offenses it should be a whole life tariff.
    If you leave the house armed and commence your jihad then you should expect to be shot in the head within five minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Labour will be seeking an enquiry into this guys death today, just watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

wellwhynot wrote: »
    He knew he was going to die today. It was a suicide mission and the police did the right thing.

Correct, and correct.
    Is there any research into the influence the promised 72 virgins has on these guy's willingness to die? People do a lot of crazy stuff in order to have their way sexual and may see it as more than just an incidental perk to their actions. And, could the Muslim authorities make a positive step and cancel that element, to see would it reduces the incidences?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭sid waddell

The Tories have done it again.

They have failed to keep Britain safe from Islamist terror, just like in 2017.

Priti Patel reduced the terror threat on November 4th and now a tagged terrorist known to authorities, who they let out, knifes innocent people to death on the streets of London.

Boris Johnson should hang his head in shame.

He has the blood of innocent people on his hands.

The Tories have done it again.

They have failed to keep Britain safe from Islamist terror, just like in 2017.

Priti Patel reduced the terror threat on November 4th and now a tagged terrorist known to authorities, who they let out, knifes innocent people to death on the streets of London.

Boris Johnson should hang his head in shame.

He has the blood of innocent people on his hands.

That is a totally and utterly ridiculous statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

That policeman is a hero.

• Advertisement

Aegir wrote: »
    That is a totally and utterly ridiculous statement.

Only if you live a right wing echo chamber

Releasing dangerous terrorists leads to terrorism

The Tories have form in this

They cut 20k police leading to the Manchester bomber going unchecked

The Tories are terrorist enablers

AllForIt wrote: »

Priti Patel has the blood of innocent people on her hands

This is a resigning matter for her

Again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Woodsie1

Jesus this kinda stuff brings out the trolls from all sides

Boris Johnson ‘said f*** the families’ of 7/7 terror attacks’

And he might as well have said the same to the families of the victims of this attack

https://metro.co.uk/2019/06/16/boris-johnson-said-f-families-7-7-terror-attacks-9970567/?ito=cbshare

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

splinter65 wrote: »
    The vest is clearly visible in some of the pics. What do you think the cops should have done with a guy who had stabbed two people to death and was wrestling with people on the ground while wearing what looked like a suicide vest?

I understand why the cops shot him, I would think that if they thought they saw a vest then the normal operational procedure would be to shoot. I just am a bit skeptical of some police operations and the things they say after. If there was a vest then the cops I think were always going to shoot.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,051 ✭✭✭Jeff2

This guy trying not to his finger prints on the knife.

[imghttps://twitter.com/GeorgeRobarts/status/1200445403839246336?s=09[/img]

The guy who got the knife.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Have had a few pints and haven’t read the inevitable sh*tshow that these threads tend to become.

I would like to say though how admirable and heroic the average people who tackled this scumbag were. Ordinary people who jumped barriers and sprinted at an armed man and took him down. That’s the true spirit of London.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,605 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Jeff2 wrote: »
    The guy who got the knife.

According to sky he was an off duty transport police officer,maybe he didn't want to wipe off the suspects fingerprints

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Also, as much as I don’t like the boys in blue; the cop in question absolutely made the right decision. Fair play to him. It’ll be one that he carries for the rest of his life.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

It is low IQ to carry out attacks, it is best to get on your moral high horse rather than ruin your reputation for eternity and your relatives reputation. It is just like the new IRA nowadays, you achieve nothing yet you ruin your reputation for nothing, the provos back in the way actually achieved something though, it led to civil rights.

I was speaking to my mother about the provos recently, I said that the women must have loved the provos years ago and it is proof that women don't care about good morals as blowing up buildings wasn't good yet they still got girlfriends. My neighbour was in prison in 80s yet he still got woman pregnant.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Apparently one of the people who tackled the terrorist grabbed a narwhal tusk as a weapon - that's something I was not expecting to hear

https://twitter.com/theamycoop/status/1200513388889223169?s=20

narwhal.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,326 ✭✭✭Heckler

Fair play to the public who had a go at this guy. A knife is a scary weapon to go up against. I don't think I'd have the balls. And if a suicide vest was even a possibility well done to the Police for shooting him.

According to sky he was an off duty transport police officer,maybe he didn't want to wipe off the suspects fingerprints

He was holding it to keep the prints on it but but through some cloth from his pocket away.

The knife looked clean so maybe he wiped blood of it with the cloth.

Fair play to him anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭randomspud

This was pretty much the ideal way of handling a terrorist.

The normal humans hold him down until someone with a gun shows up to carry out his sentence.

No courts and idiot judges involved, no simpering psychologists to tell us how he thinks he is oppressed. Just two rounds into the useless **** that ends him and his childish "crusade".

They should have ****ed his body over the bridge so he could be washed out to sea to provide a bit of grub for some fish.

Bring on the day we get to debate, at national and EU level, migration of high risk crazies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭randomspud

Bring on the day we get to debate, at national and EU level, migration of high risk crazies

Excuse me! The term we've decided on in the past few weeks is "people seeking international protection".

Disregard the fact that they seem to be predominately young men who show up with no identifying documentation whatsoever along with the fact that they have a curious habit of straight up disappearing into the ether.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,174 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

FTA69 wrote: »
    Have had a few pints and haven’t read the inevitable sh*tshow that these threads tend to become.

I would like to say though how admirable and heroic the average people who tackled this scumbag were. Ordinary people who jumped barriers and sprinted at an armed man and took him down. That’s the true spirit of London.

I read a post on another forum about how one guy jumped out of the relative safety of a car passing by to try and tackle the attacker. Fair play to him and the others who helped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭5555555555

Fair play to those brave men

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7740295/Knife-attacker-shot-dead-London-Bridge-known-police-security-sources-reveal.html
    London Bridge killer, 28, was jailed for eight years in 2012 for plotting to BOMB the London Stock Exchange and build an Islamic terror training camp - but was RELEASED last year and had an ankle tag on when he stabbed two people to death yesterday

Advertisement