Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London Bridge Incident - mod warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,467 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

There's a couple of people murdered in London on average every week.

To hear that Boris has returned to Downing Street to be 'briefed' about some nutter who killed 2 people would be laughable if it wasn't so serious.

Absolutely ridiculous carry on by the media and Govt. stirring up fear.

Apart from the dead it's not like some one was killed or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Lady Spangles

BDI wrote: »
    This is a legacy issue from years of imperialism. They can’t just carpet bomb countries because the rich people in these countries have oil and the first world wants doesn’t like the price of it. Some of these countries are just neighbours of countries that have oil and they want to put boots and weapons at the border. If somebody gets elected that wants to move them out they get unelected.

These people arnt just nutters trying to kill everyone. They are nutters who are tired of their life, tired of their people getting bombed, tired of not being able to have a country that isn’t getting interfered with. They are trying to raise awareness of this by doing stupid horrible things but they are fighting a propaganda monster that has been raping and pillaging countries since queen elizabeth.

Would you have been happy with them carpet bombing Ireland at the time of the troubles?

They would have only for we were white and it’d be hard to get away with that. So they got the loyalists to do it for them instead quietly.

While I agree completely that British actions in Syria have been pretty bloody awful, it doesn't justify attacks on innocent English people. If we all give in to those instincts, the world will soon descend into a hail of human mincemeat as we all lash out our revenge on anyone who happens to be passing by. So, you can pontificate from on high about all those wicked English people bringing it on themselves, the reality remains: those people stabbed today had not carpet bombed anyone. They were just humans, going about their daily business.

I remember, years ago, when Jihadists took pride in cutting off the heads of journalists and aid workers and it was a common retort that the westerners had "brought it on themselves". Sorry, but that's lazy and stupid. People make their own desicions and must be held accountable for their own decisions.

And I am no alt-right nutter, either. But balance is needed on all sides here.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,757 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Election talk removed. I still have to deal with numerous posts that contravene my earlier warning

Please note this is being treated as a terrorist incident. No further information as to who or what "organisation" may be behind it has been released, so please await information from a reputable source before making comments about this terrorist, beyond the fact he was a terrorist

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

defmcfrank wrote: »
    A group of black lads get stabbed in Brixton - nobody cares.

A group of white people from the City get stabbed on London Bridge - worldwide news.

Plenty of people care about black teenagers stabbing black teenagers. Even when black community leaders demand that the police desist from stop and search (because apparently it’s racist) people still care.
    Now you’ve decided that the people attacked today are white city boys. Why is that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

While I agree completely that British actions in Syria have been pretty bloody awful, it doesn't justify attacks on innocent English people. If we all give in to those instincts, the world will soon descend into a hail of human mincemeat as we all lash out our revenge on anyone who happens to be passing by. So, you can pontificate from on high about all those wicked English people bringing it on themselves, the reality remains: those people stabbed today had not carpet bombed anyone. They were just humans, going about their daily business.

I remember, years ago, when Jihadists took pride in cutting off the heads of journalists and aid workers and it was a common retort that the westerners had "brought it on themselves". Sorry, but that's lazy and stupid. People make their own desicions and must be held accountable for their own decisions.

And I am no alt-right nutter, either. But balance is needed on all sides here.

Some Aid workers offer conversions for food. They let people starve unless they embrace Christianity. That’s why they get attacked a lot of the time aparantly.

But that’s not how they report it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Always Tired

defmcfrank wrote: »
    A group of black lads get stabbed in Brixton - nobody cares.

A group of white people from the City get stabbed on London Bridge - worldwide news.

Both were the top story on BBCs website the day each event happened. Violence between neighbouring gangs is never going to be looked at the same way as terrorism where random innocent people are attacked.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Slowyourrole

AllForIt wrote: »
    If there is an apprehend rather than kill policy then I think that should be changed in light of the kinds of terror attacks that we have seen in France and UK over the last few years. Frankly I don't think it is worth apprehending them in order to get some info from them. They won't talk anyway given the fundamentalist psychology of these people. I think even if you could get info from them it's worth loosing it to take away the risk of them having any chance of killing anyone else. I wonder if the killers of Lee Rigby who are now behind bars revealed anything worthwhile? I doubt it.

I think you fundamentally misunderstand what police do. They don't have apprehend or kill orders, they have a use of force continuum which sets out how to respond to each kind of threat on an incident by incident basis. They don't apprehend people for their usefulness as an intelligence source, they do it to bring them before the courts.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,143 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Some Aid workers offer conversions for food. They let people starve unless they embrace Christianity. That’s why they get attacked a lot of the time aparantly.

Oh right, so they did bring it on themselves then. And the journalists? I suppose they are part of this imperialist propaganda machine you refer to, so also deserve to have their heads hacked off.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Some Aid workers offer conversions for food.

They let people starve unless they embrace Christianity.

That’s why they get attacked a lot of the time aparantly. .

have you any evidence/link for those accusations.

And are Aid workers "fair game" to be attacked.

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

The Muslim bombers in the Catholic Church murdered 20 Catholics at mass in the Philippines, then more in Burkina Faso, then the CAR, did they also bring it all on themselves?!?

• Advertisement

Obviously they are white Christian and probably straight so they deserve to die horribly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

There's a couple of people murdered in London on average every week.

To hear that Boris has returned to Downing Street to be 'briefed' about some nutter who killed 2 people would be laughable if it wasn't so serious.

Absolutely ridiculous carry on by the media and Govt. stirring up fear.

No comparison. If the same type of attack happened in Dublin it would get a lot more media and government attention than a gangland murder.
    I can fully understand the injustices by Western countries on the middle East over the years but these type of attacks are totally unjustifiable.
    It is mostly Muslims on the receiving end. They suffer the most from Islamic terrorism.
    I know I'm making assumptions but they're credible assumptions.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,178 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

AllForIt wrote: »
    If there is an apprehend rather than kill policy then I think that should be changed in light of the kinds of terror attacks that we have seen in France and UK over the last few years. Frankly I don't think it is worth apprehending them in order to get some info from them. They won't talk anyway given the fundamentalist psychology of these people. I think even if you could get info from them it's worth loosing it to take away the risk of them having any chance of killing anyone else. I wonder if the killers of Lee Rigby who are now behind bars revealed anything worthwhile? I doubt it.

Am in two minds about it. On one hand, we are all better off the fella is dead. But on the other hand he got an easy way out. I haven't seen the videos but from what I read the passers by disarmed him and restrained him. I wonder if I'd have preferred for them to beat him to a literal pulp before he is then arrested and locked up in a dark 6'x6' cell for the rest of his life having Westlife songs blared into his cell on continuous loop 24/7

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

We have no fight with isis. We arnt in their countries controlling who gets to win elections. We don’t carpet bomb people.

Do when they put our flag in their video for “Coalition of the Devil” they were only having the craic??

That is their choice. It's up to them if they want to put conditions on anything they give.

A good few took the soup back here in the day

• Registered Users Posts: 16,573 ✭✭✭✭banie01

So there's soup?
    And to get the soup I have to renounce the haunted bread....
    I mean Mohammed, as the last true prophet?

And if I do that, I'd get the soup?

That's a stroke I'd never deign to accuse any fine upstanding Christian of...
    Imagine!
    As if they'd ever turn a hungry soul away for want of faith or recantation ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭HorrorScope

Am in two minds about it. On one hand, we are all better off the fella is dead. But on the other hand he got an easy way out. I haven't seen the videos but from what I read the passers by disarmed him and restrained him. I wonder if I'd have preferred for them to beat him to a literal pulp before he is then arrested and locked up in a dark 6'x6' cell for the rest of his life having Westlife songs blared into his cell on continuous loop 24/7

There’s nothing to be gained from interrogating fhese *****, kill them where they stand

• Registered Users Posts: 13,152 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

splinter65 wrote: »
    The Muslim bombers in the Catholic Church murdered 20 Catholics at mass in the Philippines, then more in Burkina Faso, then the CAR, did they also bring it all on themselves?!?

Well the Catholics in the Philippines and the ones in Bukina Faso were carpet bombing them ....

no wait they were trying to influence the election

no they were white ...

no hang on they were offering them aid if they converted ....

no I got it they were at them since Elizabeth ...

or maybe it was because they weren't recognising Bobby Sands as a prisoner...

Am I getting in the spirit of how BDI's head works ?

Do when they put our flag in their video for “Coalition of the Devil” they were only having the craic??

By all accounts, them fellas are divils for the craic alright. Was probably just a bit of banter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

osarusan wrote: »
    Wow, the people who pinned him down did so while believing that, as well as having a knife, he also had a bomb strapped to him.

Incredible bravery. Hopefully will be rewarded.

Hopefully they’ll be able to carry their giant cojones to the venue where they get their bravery medals! :eek: I can’t comprehend bravery like that.

• Advertisement

There’s nothing to be gained from interrogating fhese *****, kill them where they stand

I never said interrogating them. Didn't cross my mind. It was to do with what would hurt them more in a pure revenge/retaliation aspect.

I wonder if I'd choose to have them smashed up and left paraplegic and spasticated myself

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

I suggest you educate yourself further before deciding you can cure the worlds woes with anger and violence and revenge.

Where did I say that, the bit in Bold

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

Reports coming in of multiple people stabbed in The Hague’s main shopping area.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭tastyt

People questioning the police : ask yourself this. If your loved ones were in the vicinity of this scumbag today would you have liked the police to take him out or take a " wait and see " attitude?

I'm no lover of the police but today they did their job, protect the public.

**** the scumbag who's dead, he deserves it. And i don't care if hes muslim, hindu or thinks daniel o donnell is the son of God.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

This thing in London today feels a bit too convenient. During an election. Just as the last attack on the same bridge where the last attack happened also during an election... Shenanigans afoot I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

Just saw the video of the cops putting 2 bullets in him, great stuff from all involved, it took fair balls to face up to the bastard and good on the cops for saving the trouble of a fair trial for the scum

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

This thing in London today feels a bit too convenient. During an election. Just as the last attack on the same bridge where the last attack happened also during an election... Shenanigans afoot I reckon.

You think the dead guy was in on it? He got a raw deal if that’s the case...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,210 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Nonsense.
    So Boris organised it did he?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,113 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

tastyt wrote: »
    People questioning the police : ask yourself this. If your loved ones were in the vacinity of this scumbag today would you have liked the police to take him out or take a " wait and see " attitude?

I'm no lover of the police but today they did their job, protect the public.

**** the scumbag who's dead, he deserves it. And i don't care if hes muslim, hindu or thinks daniel o donnell is the son of God.
    My daughter was close by , thank goodness they took him down so no one else was harmed
    Good riddance

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

You reckon the British government could have killed one man to influence an election?

Maybe took him off the street, put a knife and fake vest on him and dropped him on one side of the bridge then had cops(secret agents) waiting on the other?

Nah, this is the British government. It’s not like it’s some backwater government in a country full of non whites.

In all honesty I thought the crazy idiot reckoned he could influence the election by terror.

Advertisement