Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London Bridge Incident - mod warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,194 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Are folks actually comparing this to the Jean Charles killing from 2005?

Nothing remotely like it...

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Slowyourrole

walshb wrote: »

That's the point. That's why you can't have a shoot to kill policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,946 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Not really.

Someone said if they didn't get charged with that killing they definitely won't with this one.

I don't see anything they did wrong to be honest, but the investigation is still under way, it has to be.

Ironically if the guy with the taser tried to take him alive by shooting 50,000 volts into him, he probably would be fired.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Jesus, a couple of men chased the fool down using a whale tusk and a fire extinguisher and a third man pushed him to the ground. All while the fool was waving a knife and had a suicide vast on which they did not know was fake.

The bravery of these men is unbelievable and surely will be rewarded.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

Boggles wrote: »
    tenor.gif

Looking for likes again I see, no man you don't make me hard, you wouldn't be my type to be honest...

I prefer real men, manly men, men who do manly things...

Glad you're little picture got a few likes, get your daily fix and validation on board's...

Well done

• Advertisement

statesaver wrote: »
    Jesus, a couple of men chased the fool down using a whale tusk and a fire extinguisher and a third man pushed him to the ground. All while the fool was waving a knife and had a suicide vast on which they did not know was fake.

In the coming weeks, we may get a press release from ISIS imploring its followers to procure narwhal tusks to slay the infidels.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/news/stoke-on-trent-news/london-bridge-usain-khan-tunstall-3595297
    Terrorist won appeal after claiming prison sentence was 'too long'
    Usman Khan was originally sentenced to indefinite imprisonment - but this was reduced on appeal

Khan’s barrister, Joel Bennathan QC, insisted that Khan’s indefinite term, from which he may never be released, was simply too tough for one so young. He also claimed the crown court judge was ‘wrong to promote his offence to a high level of sophistication.’
    Thanks Joel for your help

• Registered Users Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Trump was right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

nthclare wrote: »
    Looking for likes again I see, no man you don't make me hard, you wouldn't be my type to be honest...

I prefer real men, manly men, men who do manly things...

Glad you're little picture got a few likes, get your daily fix and validation on board's...

Well done

I’m starting to think this guy pulled the knife on you outside sprights nightclub in limerick in the 90s out of sheer terror. I’d say he knew quite well that if he had of tried to stab you the knife would have just broke or melted when it touched you.

Surprised they even let you into night clubs. Should probably have you guarding the spire or a president.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Felix Jones is God.

statesaver wrote: »

The bravery of these men is unbelievable and surely will be rewarded.

I believe one of these men was a murderer on day release ..so I wouldn't expect too many plaudits flying his way

• Advertisement

I believe one of these men was a murderer on day release ..so I wouldn't expect too many plaudits flying his way

Ultimate redemption?

I'm hearing the guy with the Narwhal tusk was a Polish immigrant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Felix Jones is God.

Boggles wrote: »
    Ultimate redemption?

Perhaps if he'd have given his own life

Perhaps if he'd have given his own life

But if he saved 2 or more.

Net gain.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I believe one of these men was a murderer on day release
    Can you back hearsay this up?

biko wrote: »
    Can you back hearsay this up?

It's all over the news.

One of the London Bridge terror attack heroes was a murderer on day release, it has emerged.
    James Ford, 42, was jailed for life in 2004 for the murder of 21-year-old Amanda Champion, who was found strangled with her throat cut in Ashford, Kent, in July 2003.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/london-bridge-hero-murderer-day-20994055

Those arguing that the "state cannot take life" (in relation to killing terrorists, bringing back "treason") are arguing in a circle.

They were perfectly happy for the "state to take life" yesterday, when that psycho-fascist was justifiably impaled with a narwhal tusk and subsequently shot in the head.

The only difference is that some of us are arguing it should be done before civilians are murdered.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

BDI wrote: »
    I’m starting to think this guy pulled the knife on you outside sprights nightclub in limerick in the 90s out of sheer terror. I’d say he knew quite well that if he had of tried to stab you the knife would have just broke or melted when it touched you.

Surprised they even let you into night clubs. Should probably have you guarding the spire or a president.

PC humour doesn't do it for me, the sicker the better....

Ok try it again and we can both get a laugh, we're not being personal with it I hope...

Because you wouldn't get personal with another guy on board's would you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

nthclare wrote: »
    PC humour doesn't do it for me, the sicker the better....

Ok try it again and we can both get a laugh, we're not being personal with it I hope...

Because you wouldn't get personal with another guy on board's would you?

Not with you anyway. You’d probably reach into the internet and pull out my heart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

biko wrote: »

*Everyone* is entitled to a defence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭juno10353

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7741143/Inside-Fishmongers-Hall-London-Bridge-attacker-Usman-Khan-began-terror-spree.html&ved=2ahUKEwjqk6Ow_pHmAhXl8OAKHUb-CCYQFjAAegQIAxAB&usg=AOvVaw0Uu-X30ouoZjNyNMSvVR_E

It has been claimed that 3 people began attack, above post and others. Also after terrorist was shot dead there were further shots heard as per reporter on scene at time interviewed on BBC WORLD News.

Has there been any further confirmation.

That's the point. That's why you can't have a shoot to kill policy.

In certain circumstances a shoot to kill policy is an absolute must...

Had Jean Charles been a terrorist with a bomb on him that day, no issue...

But they got it wrong that day. Calamity of errors...

Yesterday it seemed to go perfectly correctly...unfortunate that the monster managed to kill and maim, though...

In certain circumstances a shoot to kill policy is an absolute must...

Had Jean Charles been a terrorist with a bomb on him that day, no issue...

But they got it wrong that day. Calamity of errors...

Yesterday it seemed to go perfectly correctly...unfortunate that the monster managed to kill and maim, though...

Yesterday wasn't a shoot to kill policy though. They made a judgement based on the situation that faced them. They saw an imminent threat to life and used lethal force.

Yesterday wasn't a shoot to kill policy though. They made a judgement based on the situation that faced them. They saw an imminent threat to life and used lethal force.

Whatever they did was correct...

They did shoot him to end his terror...whether they intended to end his life? I think they intended that as well. So, “in the moment” it was shoot to kill..

Yes, the whole going out with the shoot to kill policy is a different scenario..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,352 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Chris Phillips, former head of some anti-terrrorist board, just said on BBC that there is no way what they can monitor all the ppl who are potential terrorists in the UK, some of which are now returning from Syria. He said there are those who wish to treat them like 'normal criminals'. He thinks they should be kept in prison.

Earlier On Sky News the Muslim commentator Yasmin Alibhai-Brown said 'you can't just lock them up indefinably - there are going to be further attacks - it's the world we live in.' etc. This is the same woman who castigated Obama who she previously admired for not giving Osama Bin Laden a popper burial.

I point this out to show that there is disturbing element in the UK set on protecting the Mulsim community from any kind of negative commentary; any policies that might be seen to take a hard line against terrorists because it could be seen to be 'going after Muslims' in some unfair way etc. In the Shamina begun case it was glaring obvious the number of Mulsim commentators that were all for having her back - for the same reason I suggest.

Yasmin is another one of these people who never miss an opportunity to use the term 'radicalization'. This radicalization argument is fast loosing sway with me. It's used as way to blame society for somehow 'nurturing' these terrorists and thus we're all somehow to blame, again designed to take the heat of her 'people' as she herself referred her Muslim demographic. Your the problem Yasmin.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,654 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

but what do you do with them? he was sentenced for his crime and served most of it. Internment?

Drop him home to his own country from 30,000 feet. No strings attached. Simple.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

Almost all police world wide train to "shoot to end the threat " which is another way of saying shoot to kill in reality .

the idea of shoot to injure or shoot the knife out of his hand is hollywood bs .

there is a row going on in the usa at the moment because some clueless police chief said that cops shouldn't draw their guns on people waving knifes about

AllForIt wrote: »
    I point this out to show that there is disturbing element in the UK set on protecting the Mulsim community from any kind of negative commentary; any policies that might be seen to take a hard line against terrorists because it could be seen to be 'going after Muslims' in some unfair way etc. In the Shamina begun case it was glaring obvious the number of Mulsim commentators that were all for having her back - for the same reason I suggest.

No, it's going after radical Muslims in a fair way.

Shamima Begum is a toxic creature. She can rot and dissolve in some Syrian dungeon for all I care.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

Death to anyone who thinks it's acceptable to injure and kill innocent people.

You make out like death is a bad thing, death is exactly what Islamic attackers want. One of their beliefs is that they are going to get virgin women in the after life, if you really wanted them to suffer you would want them to stay alive.

Also in regards to your comment, why is it only innocent people who deserve to live? What if an ex criminal was stabbed yesterday? Did he deserve it? I wonder what the media means when they say "innocent people"? Do they mean innocent in that event or do they mean they are law abiding people in general, if you think about it deeply the lines can get blurry on what is considered "innocent". If I got shot in London the media would paint me as innocent but little do they know I have sympathy for the Irish Republican movement which the British media hate.

• Advertisement

AllForIt wrote: »
    Chris Phillips, former head of some anti-terrrorist board, just said on BBC that there is no way what they can monitor all the ppl who are potential terrorists in the UK, some of which are now returning from Syria. He said there are those who wish to treat them like 'normal criminals'. He thinks they should be kept in prison.

Except in this case, this monster was well known. Never should have been on the streets after 2012...

Justice system is an effing joke, and this shows, that’s it’s not just in Ireland..

Advertisement