Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post Mobile

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,550 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

The entire thread is about problems and how to fix them. If anything it's highlighting the problems.

I've under 1mb speeds today and can't make phone calls. The other family member on same network is the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭big_drive

Is the network down? I can't make any calls at present

I can make whatapp calls only. With the tiny bit of data I do have. So I assume so.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 peacock_lane

Same, calls are down for me too. I'm on the free month after porting but between this and the atrocious data speeds I'll be out before the month is up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭v10

Same for me, data and SMS ok but can’t make or receive calls

I think it might be a wider issue. Having issus with other sims in the house on other networks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Same issue here, poor data speeds again lately.

I see lyca now has 5G.

Our voice came back a few hours later. But data still bad. Sent in a few support emails but only one of us got a reply. Time to port again it seems.

My data seems to be back to full speed, getting 60Mb

• Advertisement

Mine back also. For how long though.

I do notice that I'm getting a lot of 3G today, ironically better speeds than their 4G offering.

I'd move to clear if it was a 10Mb cap at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,509 ✭✭✭deezell

My last 7 days, all home where the reception is the best of a bad lot. Some indoors. Some out.

I got a prompt reply, asking me to include my phone no. I kinda forgot, I'd assumed my previous mails would be in a CRM system, with my details to hand. Maybe not. They must be looking at individual records. Screen grabs of a postmobile customer and vodafone customer speedtests, same time and location, would be good ammunition.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Gonna get rid of this and port to someone else.

only ported to an post 2-3 months ago. Not worth the saving.

So I am in Uk and I bought an Irish 3 SIM card. Thinking I could tether on it since I can’t on an post, but that option is also off now on the 3 SIM card too?

it was there before the an Post install, has it got anything to do with that?

how do I roll back in phone settings. to before an post?

or is this a thing on 3 also?

Figured it out,

Couple more tests, Stillorgan on the 4th, 14Mbs, Castlerroy Limerick just now. 41.8Mbs on 4G+! No throttling here anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

I was getting sporadic readings off Vodafone last night. Lowest speed i recorded was 10mbs. Other readings would then jump to 20-30mbs. Up and down. However the an post phone would never go above 1.5 mbs on every test. The same mast single band 4G.

Figured it out, PrePay

just changed the APN on personal hotspot to the same as Mobile Data

• Advertisement

I'm only getting 3G today in my town which always has 4G

How's it looking for everyone? I'm getting a working/not working situation constantly, could get 50Mb and then barely 1, same location.

Emailed support, got a holding reply and nothing since

I sent these readings to them an hour ago, asked them whats the story with up and down data speed. I got a virtually instant reply;

"Thank you for contacting AnPost Mobile customer care. We have been advised by our IT department that they are currently doing updates to the network. Unfortunately, this is affecting data speeds for customers. We aim to have the updates completed as soon as possible. Apologies for any inconvenience caused in this matter. 

Kind regards,

Christine

An Post Mobile Customer Services

I've no idea what these "updates" are, but we'll see.

Cheers deezell, at least they admit there's a problem so I'll happily see if they fix it. Many times with Telcos, it's getting them to admit there's a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

I've a Vodafone phone in the house and no issue with that so I'd suspect it's a routing issue

You're probably right. Going back to basics, and the old OSI 7 layer model for data comms, while postmobile is sharing the same physical and Data link layer as Vodafone from handset to mast, it's at the next layer, the Network layer, that postmobile traffic probably parts company with Vodafone traffic, and who knows what backroads are used. The speed you see may indeed be a result of this layer, and nothing to do with Vodafone throttling postmobile connections. If your IP route is rubbish even for a local point to point Speedtest, then of course the actual data speed (distinct from the physical phone to mast and 4g data carrier protocol speed) will reflect this. Like posting a letter to Mullingar via Mumbai.

I recall it's a Maltese routing that they use though my IP always shows up as NL.

It's a bad problem anyway, a mal-teaser even. It's all right, I'm leaving....

• Advertisement

Advertisement