Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post Mobile

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭breeno

Has anybody exceeded the 50gb limit with an Post? Hoping to move over when my contract expires but my usage would see me hot-spot in a holiday home once every month or two. Doubt I'd exceed the 50gb but just wondering if I happened to breach now and then how rigorously the limit is policed if anybody has experience?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭beachhead

No.But you pay to receive calls.Well worth checking your providers charges/coverage unless you have deep pockets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭beachhead

you using the country prefix 00 for outgoing with 353 for Ireland and dropping the initial zero.Like 00353851234567 mobile or 003531234567 lanfline

• Registered Users Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭big_drive

You're a genius

That was it. I tried it there and it worked, I'd just saved numbers like 086-1234567 but when changed to 0035386-1234567 it works

I'd googled all day and not found an answer

Thanks so much

• Registered Users Posts: 6,509 ✭✭✭deezell

You can format all your home numbers like that, they'll still work at home. You can use 00353 or you can use +353.

Be aware that most but not all countries use 00 as the prefix before the country code. The USA is 011, Australia is 0011, and a whole host of various others. Using + instead of 00 means your phone will add the appropriate local international prefix before the country code. So say if you store a UK mobile number, 07975216215 as +44 7975216215, you can ring it from Ireland, or in the UK, but also in the US. It will add the 00 in Ireland, ignore the +44 in the UK and change it to 0, and add 011 in the US. Same goes for ringing an Irish number stored as +353, with the leading 0 dropped from the actual number.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭shigllgetcha

Finding speeds very poor this last week or two. Think ill end up going back to vodafone when my current top up is over

Do the trick back in this blog where you don't top up Vodafone monthly fee, Just add data or call topups, you can get away with €10 a month. Back about a year. Poster swears it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭briancannon18

Definitely works, u can get away with 5eur a month, eg if u only want 5gb add on, or 100 texts or 100 minutes, either of these only 5euro for 28 days

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Dannyman76

Will 5g come to Postfone? Not essential but would be nice to make use of on newer phones

I doubt it. Uptake of 5g is only six and a half percent of users here, so there's no incentive for AnPost to pay the premium for access, if 93.5% of customers in general can't be arsed, and I'd imagine the figure is close to 100% for the likes of us who want max bang for min bucks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭harryohh

I am having the same problem lately as well. In areas that were previously fine I am getting about 1mbps over 4G. Anybody else in the same boat?

This was the same spot at the same time.

There seems to be some terrible throttling or something. Reddit loads terribly. Everything is very laggy

Im gone as soon as i get a vodafone shop at the weekend

5mbps isn't too bad. I just did a speed test and got 0.5mbps. My work phone which is Vodafone is getting 30mbps in the same area. It definitely looks like Vodafone are throttling An Post.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

My partner is on An Post and i have a Vodafone phone. She lives right next to a Vodafone mast. I’ll do a side by side comparison when i’ out there tomorrow eve.

Managed to fo a few conparisons tonight. Next to a Vodafone mast. Tests were a bit jumpy tonight.

On a S10+ An Post 4G speeds over a few tests were between 0.50- 3mbs max. Mostly testing at 1.5mb.

On a Vodafone 13 pro max lowest speed i saw was 3.5 mb. Highest peaked at nearly 40mbs. I was getting results mostly of 24mbs, 14 mbs.

I have contacted support about it anyway. Hopefully I'll hear back sometime this year

Yeh thats the test but when im just surfing or using reddit its like 1.5-2 and its very laggy

Yeh pretty poor. I dont need mega speeds but its very slow for what im using.

M wife is on an post too and she contacted support and they basically wanted to know the exact times to the minute that she had issues

Not worth saving €5 a month to me and im not using that much data 10gb and roll over was plenty for me with vodafone

I must try again later this evening as i usually get a solid 45-65 mbs on the Vodafone sim. It seemed very unstable last night.

I think An post customers are being screwed. Tonight i can get constants speeds of 25-40mbs on Vodafone. I cannot get more than 1.5mbs on the An Post phone. 4G right next to a Vodafone mast.

• Advertisement

Time to plague their support line with complaints. I'd expect good speeds in urban areas, but barely getting 0.4M some days. Perhaps AnPost have a bulk deal done for data, daily quota maybe. The more customers who sign up, the less there is to go around.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

What's the roaming in the UK like on An Post?

I just tested my an post sim and it's crawling again. This is getting tiresome.

You testing in the UK? We were in the UK a few weeks ago. The An Post phone roamed on Vodafone UK and seemed to work fine.

An post are definitely throttling speeds for sure. Tonight my Vodafone phone was downloading at 40 mbs and my partners An Post phone struggled above 1.5 mbs.

Not not yet. Some travel coming up.

I think it will be fine, we have been in the UK a few times over the last year including Scotland and the phone worked flawlessly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Knockdrinner

In my experience, in the UK and other parts of Europe, the roaming speeds have been faster than what I got at home. I'm thinking of moving to Vodafone shortly as I have also found the internet speeds really bad in the last few months

Before anyone leaves, make sure to to email here care@anpostmobile.ie and let them know why. It might shake them up.

Mine worked flawlessly in Netherlands also last February. Logo changed to LTE, data was flying. It was the Vodafone network, without the AnPost apartheid.

Alot of apologists here, it the service isnt up to scratch, leave

Name one.

• Advertisement

I moved to post because I was having coverage issues in some frequented locations. The speed going to a crawl ultimately ends being almost the same end result. I say almost because it's still useful to get a WhatsApp message where previously I would get none. Rarely am I that far away from wifi when needing more than that.

But if this keeps slowing down like this then I'll have to switch.

Advertisement