Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rosslare Container Migrants disappear from Direct Provision Centre

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,663 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

=

Grifter praying on simpletons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,962 ✭✭✭Mr. teddywinkles

I'm not sure I read all that correct and if I have some errors.

Can someone better informed confirm.

Is there creche/pre school facilities for DP inhabitants?
    What happens to the medical card entitlements once someone is out of DP, asylum declined?
    What does the clothing allowance consist of?

It certainly looks like most needs are well catered for in DP. The medical card is probably the best way to deal with the medical needs of asylum seekers but I would hope that once the application is reviewed it is removed.

Hopefully the immigration process gets updating soon. Review should happen much quicker, and all appeals should be worn out within 6 months of arriving to the country.

That way the people can move out of DP earlier freeing spaces for other asylum seekers and move on to living a normal life and integrating or returning to their home country.

It doesn't bode well that the most high profile asylum seekers can disappear, it would lead people to believe that anyone deemed not having refugee status can just leave DP and stay here on the tax payer.

All good n fine. Where they going house them all after. Think the whole thing should be reviewed as in stricter guidelines which qualifies for acceptance.

All good n fine. Where they going house them all after. Think the whole thing should be reviewed as in stricter guidelines which qualifies for acceptance.

We are all ready historically one of the strictest in Europe.

What specific guidelines or criteria would you like to see changed or what current guidelines are you unhappy with?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭emo72

Turn up with no documents in Australia America or Canada and what happens? I assumed we did the same here.

Boggles wrote: »
    We are all ready historically one of the strictest in Europe.

What specific guidelines or criteria would you like to see changed or what current guidelines are you unhappy with?

Yep those lads doing a runner is strict alright seems lax to me. As well as incompetence

• Advertisement

Yep those lads doing a runner is strict alright seems lax to me. As well as incompetence

So you would like to see Asylum Seekers imprisoned?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

emo72 wrote: »
    Turn up with no documents in Australia America or Canada and what happens? I assumed we did the same here.

You're kidding right?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

So you would like to see Asylum Seekers imprisoned?

I would like to see people who arrive here with no identity documents detained until they can be properly checked-out and this does not mean just dumping them in some hotel where they can disappear from.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,907 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Look, they are chancers, with a lot of money to pay traffickers. The traffickers are more than likely criminal elements too.

Ignore all this at our peril. But the do gooders will not see this.

We are conditioned to see all this as us being a really benevolent society. I have my sceptical hat on the right way now. It is ridiculous.

Are the Irish Navy and MSF etc. still rescuing all these people? Nothing wrong with that on a humanitarian level, but when it is organised by criminals, it just sends out the wrong signals. Ah sure give us the 5k, and if the boat goes belly up you'll be grand.

Surely our Government knows that the boat people/HGV infiltrators are not destitute and have made connections with nefarious forces to get them here.

Del.Monte wrote: »
    I would like to see people who arrive here with no identity documents detained until they can be properly checked-out and this does not mean just dumping them in some hotel where they can disappear from.

What this poster said

• Advertisement

How do you know they weren't?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

And people who object to housing them in hotels, are branded racist.

How do you know they weren't?

How are you going to check them out with no passports or ID papers.

Are the Irish Navy and MSF etc. still rescuing all these people? Nothing wrong with that on a humanitarian level, but when it is organised by criminals, it just sends out the wrong signals. Ah sure give us the 5k, and if the boat goes belly up you'll be grand.
    The Mediterranean is the most dangerous border in the world. The deadliest year so far was 2016: according to the International Organization for Migration (IOM), 3230 people died attempting the crossing.

Be grand sure.

:rolleyes:

mgn wrote: »
    How are you going to check them out with no passports or ID papers.

Was it reported they hadn't?

Was it reported they hadn't?

Don't be so stupid asking a question like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭katiek102010

elperello wrote: »
    https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/moving_country/asylum_seekers_and_refugees/services_for_asylum_seekers_in_ireland/direct_provision.html

This link shows the rates.
    Adult €38.80 per week
    Child €29.80 per week

This leaves a family of father mother and two children with a weekly cash income of €137.20.

Accommodation and food are provided.

Other details about Direct Provision are also in the link.
    To be hones I wish we had that left after paying for accommodation, bills and food

Be grand sure.

:rolleyes:

So what do you do to stop this do you think. Will we just send ferry's over and boat them into Europe. Or pick up and ship back to country of origin to stop it. Which ya think will prevent this. I'd say latter.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,440 ✭✭✭✭elperello

To be hones I wish we had that left after paying for accommodation, bills and food

That's fair comment.

I'd imagine there are quite a few families who would not have that much left over after paying for food, mortgage/rent, light, heat etc. etc.

Getting the feeling that there are other forces behind all this. Not just our innate kindness to those in need.

Someone upthread mentioned PETER SUTHERLAND rip, who was totally in favour of "let them all in" and up the indigenous population no matter what.

Why?

Can't figure that out. But it must mean money somewhere for someone or something. It usually is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Getting the feeling that there are other forces behind all this. Not just our innate kindness to those in need.

Someone upthread mentioned PETER SUTHERLAND rip, who was totally in favour of "let them all in" and up the indigenous population no matter what.

Why?

Can't figure that out. But it must mean money somewhere for someone or something. It usually is.

Any word on Mr Sutherlands will yet ?

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

AlekSmart wrote: »
    Any word on Mr Sutherlands will yet ?

Pay a fiver or so to the PROBATE Office and you will get the information. It is a public document.

But my guess is that it is all in Switzerland. Don't know the rules there sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

road_high wrote: »
    So CSO data is erroneous? Please explain

Explain their process to get the figures for remittances?? Do you believe them to be accurate??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭bigroad

Why?

Coveney was his side kick so I would say a lot of sh1th would roll downhill from him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭bigroad

Are the Irish Navy still running a taxi service in the med,does anybody know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Another day and another incident of illegal trafficking of people across Ire & the UK in trucks and lorries. Today it's Cambridgeshire.
    The 1st thing they did is arrest the ringleader, not bring tea and cakes.
    Another one was taken away for being armed.

Yesterday, footage of ten men seen staggering from the back of a lorry near Abbey, Essex, emerged.
    Again, all ten men and the driver were arrested (not allowed to roam loose), police said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

bigroad wrote: »
    Are the Irish Navy still running a taxi service in the med,does anybody know.
    Think they had to give it up on account of bad PR, it likely started off well-meaning, but then the paid-for smaller NGO taxi-boats started drumming up extra bu$iness.

Many since went the Spanish route, dasing past sunbathers on beaches. In response Spain has since seen VOX double it's appeal across polls and elections.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭wellwhynot

I'm not sure I read all that correct and if I have some errors.

Can someone better informed confirm.

Is there creche/pre school facilities for DP inhabitants?
    What happens to the medical card entitlements once someone is out of DP, asylum declined?
    What does the clothing allowance consist of?

It certainly looks like most needs are well catered for in DP. The medical card is probably the best way to deal with the medical needs of asylum seekers but I would hope that once the application is reviewed it is removed.

Hopefully the immigration process gets updating soon. Review should happen much quicker, and all appeals should be worn out within 6 months of arriving to the country.

That way the people can move out of DP earlier freeing spaces for other asylum seekers and move on to living a normal life and integrating or returning to their home country.

It doesn't bode well that the most high profile asylum seekers can disappear, it would lead people to believe that anyone deemed not having refugee status can just leave DP and stay here on the tax payer.

I know that people who left DP and were put into houses in Tyrellstown got medical cards, transport to/from school, breakfast/lunch provided at school, free after school services and free adult education. There may be more but my friend only worked with the children so that was all she knew. This was in addition to all the welfare benefits. This was about 6 years ago, I don’t know what happens now. I don’t begrudge any of it as education is so important. However one thing stuck in my craw. One of new arrival’s children with a medical condition was flown to a hospital in Europe for an operation paid for by the state. A friend’s child with the same condition at the time had been on the waiting list for that operation in Ireland for coming up to 2 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭wellwhynot

Why?

I initially thought it was to boost the population. As Merkel said these people would be paying for our pensions. Now everyone sees these are low skilled people with no hope in my lifetime of being net contributors, certainly not in Dublin.

My thoughts recently are that Europeans are a minority compared to Asia/Islam and we may be in big trouble in the future. Merkel wants a European army so either she wants to recruit these new arrivals or more likely she wants to assimilate them to protect Europe when it eventually kicks off.

• Advertisement

I think people are starting to cop on to this at last, its being kept under the radar for long enough.
    The refugees have being getting houses all around the country for the last few years, but that supply has now dried up, that's why there is no place in the centers anymore, no more houses for them.

One good thing might come out of the housing shortage yet,

Advertisement