Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rosslare Container Migrants disappear from Direct Provision Centre

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,666 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

mgn wrote: »
    Now if the went to the US or Australia and tried to claim asylum there ,on the grounds that their lives were in danger, I think the first question the would be asked is, why did you come half way around the world bypassing a lot of safe countries on your way.

We have had Irish nationals granted asylum in the USA during the troubles.

As for gangland activity, if they could prove the security forces of the state could not protect them or were conspiring against them then they would have a case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

And that would be a perfectly acceptable question to ask, and reason for denying entry.

Someone really should tell the Irish authorities to do likewise.

No danger of that, it's a big business now for the elite of our society.

No politician has the bottle to call it out as it is because the would branded a racist straight away.

Boggles wrote: »
    We have had Irish nationals granted asylum in the USA during the troubles.

As for gangland activity, if they could prove the security forces of the state could not protect them or were conspiring against them then they would have a case.

Would the not be asked why the bypassed the safe country on their way.

Would the not be asked why the bypassed the safe country on their way.

What safe country is there between Ireland and the USA?

Anyway, no such rule exists in the States, Trump tried to bring one in recently, I don't know if passed congress.

The States have more lax rules on immigration then we do.

Anyway, no such rule exists in the States, Trump tried to bring one in recently, I don't know if passed congress.

Do know what, your not worth replying too.

• Advertisement

Do know what, your not worth replying too.

Da Fuq?

You asked me a question which I replied to with the best of ability in all sincerity.

Is there something wrong with you? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,000 ✭✭✭malinheader

Sickening case of FGM on the news this evening. The mother is an Irish national the father of African nationality and is at the centre of a deportation order. Likely another one who should of been sent back

• Registered Users Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

With immigration pre clearance in the irish airports, you wouldn't get on the plane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Sickening case of FGM on the news this evening. The mother is an Irish national the father of African nationality and is at the centre of a deportation order. Likely another one who should of been sent back
    Lock them both up, of course the lad has launched an 'appeal' (perhaps one of many) to the deport order.
    https://www.rte.ie/news/courts/2019/1128/1095777-female-genital-mutilation/

Strange thing is, this is the very 1st the first trial of its kind in this country. Yet it likely happens by the hundreds, or thousands per annum.

Their Defence lawyers told the jury.... there was no evidence of abuse.
    Eh? That's not what the examining Doctor(s) concluded, hence the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,000 ✭✭✭malinheader

Lock them both up, of course the lad has launched an 'appeal' (perhaps one of many) to the deport order.
    https://www.rte.ie/news/courts/2019/1128/1095777-female-genital-mutilation/

Strange thing is, this is the very 1st the first trial of its kind in this country. Yet it likely happens by the hundreds, or thousands per annum.

Their Defence lawyers told the jury.... there was no evidence of abuse.
    Eh? That's not what the examining Doctor(s) concluded, hence the case.

September 2016 the child was 21 months. How long does it take to decide if someone is to be deported or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Both from "an African nation" to quote the Indo. The mother has citizenship.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Both from "an African nation" to quote the Indo. The mother has citizenship.

It's bizzare they don't just name the country, or maybe it's too recognisable?

If it was a Frenchman they wouldnt say of European origin, just seems strange

• Registered Users Posts: 1,962 ✭✭✭Mr. teddywinkles

Da Fuq?

You asked me a question which I replied to with the best of ability in all sincerity.

Is there something wrong with you? :confused:

Because youv just contradict yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭rgossip30

The US is stricter on deportations .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,674 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Another 8 Albanians found in Waterford port. On the same day Government deported 23 Albanians and Georgians...

Appears they will be sent back to France tomorrow.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/eight-migrants-found-hiding-on-cargo-ship-at-waterford-port-1.4104935

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭katiek102010

This is what confuses me.

I thought the EU gave Albania free travel rights as part of the plan to join the EU in the coming years.

Why on earth would they sneak in unless they were up to no good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

The farce with the cead milè failte at Rosslare for the Kurds a few weeks ago, when they weren't immediately sent back to France, has sent the word out....Ireland is a soft touch.

jay0109 wrote: »
    The farce with the cead milailte at Rosslare for the Kurds a few weeks ago, when they weren't immediately sent back to France, has sent the word out....Ireland is a soft touch.

Without a doubt, and maybe officials have learned a small bit of a lesson, or is that wishful thinking on my part

Without a doubt, and maybe officials have learned a small bit of a lesson, or is that wishful thinking on my part

Wishful thinking I'm afraid. TII (This Is Ireland).

3 of them tried to do a runner as they came off the boat but the Gardai caught them. That ship sailed from a port in Western France and so a new avenue of illegal immigration has been exposed.
    Authorities at small ports around Ireland reckon there's a lot of illegals entering Ireland undetected through their facility but they don't have the equipment to detect/check for them and the Govt is not answering their requests for that equipment.

This is what confuses me.

I thought the EU gave Albania free travel rights as part of the plan to join the EU in the coming years.

Why on earth would they sneak in unless they were up to no good.

Ireland are not part of the Schengen Zone.

• Advertisement

Wishful thinking I'm afraid. TII (This Is Ireland).

3 of them tried to do a runner as they came off the boat but the Gardai caught them. That ship sailed from a port in Western France and so a new avenue of illegal immigration has been exposed.
    Authorities at small ports around Ireland reckon there's a lot of illegals entering Ireland undetected through their facility but they don't have the equipment to detect/check for them and the Govt is not answering their requests for that equipment.

Yup and how much for the white water rafting and gazza water

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Note the language has changed over the years from
    refugees -> asylum seekers -> migrants -> stowaways

• Registered Users Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭rgossip30

zell12 wrote: »

I remember they were called stoways in the 70's when Russian defectors would come on Aeroflot planes to Shannon . They were sent back .

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Literally the dictionary definition of what they did. A stowaway isn't a positive description despite your attempt to spin it as one.

It's the way that words have been expanded way beyond their original meanings. Take Asylum seekers for example. Before, most people would have recognised that these are people fleeing persecution of some kind. Their lives would directly be in danger from a state body or such. However, now we have seen economic migrants being included in the phrase because claiming asylum is more likely to succeed, and from a promotional aspect more appealing for tugging at those heart strings. It takes away from the serious nature of asylum seeking.

Before, each word was a different category to consider separately. Now though, they're all mixed up.

Oh, and I'd second that stowaways is an older term. Isn't it related to people stowing away on transport ships from hundreds of years ago?

Can anyone see the story about our latest tourists in the Irish Times? it's well buried.

However, today's letter page contains a cracker from a very generous Senator who wants to open family unification for migrants to aunties, uncles, cousins etc. It'd be racist not to!
    https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/letters/a-step-towards-tackling-racism-1.4104853

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭tonycascarino

Can anyone see the story about our latest tourists in the Irish Times? it's well buried.

However, today's letter page contains a cracker from a very generous Senator who wants to open family unification for migrants to aunties, uncles, cousins etc. It'd be racist not to!
    https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/letters/a-step-towards-tackling-racism-1.4104853

One may laugh now but if this is the sort of thinking going on then IREXIT might actually be a thing in the not so distant future.

then IREXIT might actually be a thing in the not so distant future.

It won't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

One may laugh now but if this is the sort of thinking going on then IREXIT might actually be a thing in the not so distant future.
    Ireland is currently 8th fav to leave (not far behind 6th place:Sweden) with a major book. However on an major exchange market they are joint fav along with Italy, very short at 2.92.

In a post-brexit world of daily 'stowaways' (illegal economic migration), with people dying to get a hospital bed, and rampant homlessness mixed with 4hr commutes, it might become a strong topic of conversation.

If Boris gets his hard-exit, would expect to see many tents appearing in Phoneix Park early next summer, and not for a female-only music festival.

• Advertisement

Ireland is currently 8th fav to leave (not far behind 6th place:Sweden) with a major book. However on an major exchange market they are joint fav along with Italy, very short at 2.92.

In a post-brexit world of daily 'stowaways' (illegal economic migration), with people dying to get a hospital bed, and rampant homlessness mixed with 4hr commutes, it might become a strong topic of conversation.

Leaving the EU would mean less money for Ireland meaning health and housing would get worse than it all ready is.

It will be a strong topic of conversation all right, with absolute scorching fúcktards.

Advertisement