Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rebel burger. No, no, no!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

jimgoose wrote: »
    BK used to be quite tasty, but they've really gone to hell in the last few years. McDonald's quarter-pounders are OK-ish, but the little chipper near me does decent, proper ones. Of course the steakburgers I cook at home are, even if I say so myself, peerless. :cool:

A good chipper trumps both of course and if you have a bit of inner Gordon Ramsay you can channel at home then all the better.

Another level below both is Supermacs. I had one of theirs for the first time in what must have been nearly 20 years about 6 months ago. Shíte in a bun.

Bob Harris wrote: »
    A good chipper trumps both of course and if you have a bit of inner Gordon Ramsay you can channel at home then all the better.

Another level below both is Supermacs. I had one of theirs for the first time in what must have been nearly 20 years about 6 months ago. Sh in a bun.

Supermacs is far superior to both McDonald’s and BK. Smokey bacon burger and taco fries, savage!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Supermacs is far superior to both McDonald’s and BK. Smokey bacon burger and taco fries, savage!

You speak the truth, Nox, but people don’t want to accept it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,765 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

You know, nox, given that we, vehemently, disagree on pretty much anything I can think of, it might be fun to hang out sometime.

Supermac's is awful. I was tempted to try their wholemeal chicken burger thing a few months ago. Maybe it was operator error but the thing came out all floppy and lava hot from the microwave. Awful.
    And their chips are pale, flaccid, manky things.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Supermacs is indeed the superior burger

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Another level below both is Supermacs. I had one of theirs for the first time in what must have been nearly 20 years about 6 months ago. Shíte in a bun.

I'll give Supermacs "mediocre at best on a very good day".

• Registered Users Posts: 13,376 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Witchie wrote: »
    Mushrooms are the food of the devil. Disgusting

• Registered Users Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

cjmc wrote: »
    ...Fried mushrooms and tomato is devine

A well-loaded Portobello 'shroom is fit for an emperor. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

A BK burger tastes and has the texture of meat.

McDonalds by comparison is lame pasty tasteless gunk.

Burger King 'chips' are disgusting. Burgers themselves pretty ordinary at best.

Both are crap but I'd pick Mc Donalds over Burger King every time. Also never made me sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,376 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

cjmc wrote: »
    Witchie wrote: »
    Mushrooms are the food of the devil. Disgusting

You were doing alright till the mushroom bit.
    Fried mushrooms and tomato is devine

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Brewdog over here released some weird 50% beef 50% vegan burger that baffled everybody. It even used vegan cheese and was the most expensive burger on the menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

says every lad west of the shannon, in reality its not.

Im a meat eater although im trying to cut down, not because i have an issue with animal welfare (i dont want to think about it to my own shame ) but because meat isnt really that good for us and i train better when im not eating meat.

And to say carting animals to their death isnt cruel is just trolling. Would you make the same argument re the holocaust? a lot of the people on the trains didnt know they were on their way to a gas chamber, was that not cruel either?

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Notdeco wrote: »
    Very true, and tbh. I like to have some meat with my iceberg lettuce tomato and onion. Instead of iceberg lettuce tomato onions and some kind of soy beans plus iceberg lettuce tomato and onions minced(add some spices for effect) for my burger.
    Cos its not a burger by definition.
    Vegan patty, yes. But not a burger

Don't order it then. You seemed very offended by a menu item.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I've never understood the hostility towards vegan and vegetarian options on a menu. Anything that gives people more choice is a good thing. It's not like anyone is going to be force-fed tge stuff. I don't eat fast food but it's nice to know I have another option now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

eviltwin wrote: »
    I've never understood the hostility towards vegan and vegetarian options on a menu. Anything that gives people more choice is a good thing. It's not like anyone is going to be force-fed tge stuff. I don't eat fast food but it's nice to know I have another option now.

Yeah, it's really weird, kinda like the Thunberg complex, probably similar demographic too.

I eat anything and everything, and love trying veggie/vegan/dairy free options, had a vegan sausage roll & a clonakilty black sausage roll for breakfast today, fuckin savage both of them. Great to have the choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

That's like comparing dog shít, cat shít and horse shít.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

Its a good thing Ireland is such a huge producer of soya, zero carbon footprint on it going into your burger like....

That's like comparing dog shít, cat shít and horse shít.

You wouldn't have an order of preference if you had to eat these?
    What's wrong with you?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,963 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

eviltwin wrote: »

My Mrs is veggie and it's interesting to hear the comments she gets. She works with a woman who's husband is a beef farmer and she gets annoyed at my Mrs for being veggie.

A recent example was my Mrs eating lunch and someone asked what it was and yer wan said "fcuking vegans" and walked off. My Mrs never claimed to be vegan but there you have it. There were other times she told my Mrs her food looked like sh1t and like baby vomit. As it happens my Mrs is a great cook and we make all our own lunches to cut costs.

This was out of character for yer wan to be so rude to my Mrs as they usually get on great. Turns out her 11 year old daughter wanted to be veggie because else didn't agree with killing animals in her name and yer wan went baloobas and refused to cook veggie food or allow the daughter to be veggie. Apparently it's been a standoff between them for 18 months now.

She got upset that others don't want to buy the product her husband sells. Some people are odd. That's my analysis.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

My Mrs is veggie and it's interesting to hear the comments she gets. She works with a woman who's husband is a beef farmer and she gets annoyed at my Mrs for being veggie.

A recent example was my Mrs eating lunch and someone asked what it was and yer wan said "fcuking vegans" and walked off. My Mrs never claimed to be vegan but there you have it. There were other times she told my Mrs her food looked like sh1t and like baby vomit. As it happens my Mrs is a great cook and we make all our own lunches to cut costs.

This was out of character for yer wan to be so rude to my Mrs as they usually get on great. Turns out her 11 year old daughter wanted to be veggie because else didn't agree with killing animals in her name and yer wan went baloobas and refused to cook veggie food or allow the daughter to be veggie. Apparently it's been a standoff between them for 18 months now.

She got upset that others don't want to buy the product her husband sells. Some people are odd. That's my analysis.

Reminds me of the time I brought donuts to work one day. Someone unwittingly ate a vegan one and lost the plot when they found out. Over a bleedin donut :rolleyes: I had to tell him its OK to like vegan food, it's not like you're cheating on meat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Its a good thing Ireland is such a huge producer of soya, zero carbon footprint on it going into your burger like....

We're a huge importer of soy from south America, to feed our cows as we can't grow enough food for them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

RasTa wrote: »
    Brewdog over here released some weird 50% beef 50% vegan burger that baffled everybody. It even used vegan cheese and was the most expensive burger on the menu.

Saw that the last time I popped in! Utterly bizarre, surely nobody whatsoever asked for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Space Dog

Yeah, and good job Ireland doesn't import any other food from other countries. No carbon footprint on bananas, tomatos, pineapple, oranges, coffee, cocoa. At all...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,203 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

What do people get out of incessantly wailing on forums like this?

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

What do people get out of incessantly wailing on forums like this?

Angry & agitated.

It's all i get anyway, wasting my fuckin life here... :(

Cyrus wrote: »
    Im a meat eater although im trying to cut down, not because i have an issue with animal welfare (i dont want to think about it to my own shame ) but because meat isnt really that good for us and i train better when im not eating meat.

I see the vegan propaganda about meat being bad has got into your head!

Bar week day breakfast I have to have meat (a lots of it in many cases) with every other meal or it just wouldn’t be a meal without it. Every Saturday and Sunday is a full fry for breakfast then also, wouldn’t be a weekend without it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,203 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

anyone try these vegan burgers yet, if they tasted as good as their regular burgers i could easily replace

I had a plant burger at an Honest Burger in London a few weeks back. Was sublime. Possibly the best burger I've ever had. I think it was unfortunately imported from the US but the company, Impossible Foods are opening up shop in the Netherlands. Should slash both the price and carbon footprint nicely.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

I just had one.
    Thanks for the heads up, op!

I enjoyed it and it does taste like a whopper.
    However the flavour and texture of the meat version is just better.
    I'd probably have one again, sometime.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

I had a plant burger at an Honest Burger in London a few weeks back. Was sublime. Possibly the best burger I've ever had. I think it was unfortunately imported from the US but the company, Impossible Foods are opening up shop in the Netherlands. Should slash both the price and carbon footprint nicely.

Honest are the absolute bomb in fairness, I was there on Sunday but had some kind of fritter burger, not the plant based burger one. It was amazing. When I lived there there was one Honest in Brixton Market now they seem to be all over the city.
    It's a pity Bunsen don't have anything for veggies.

• Advertisement

Honest are the absolute bomb in fairness, I was there on Sunday but had some kind of fritter burger, not the plant based burger one. It was amazing. When I lived there there was one Honest in Brixton Market now they seem to be all over the city.
    It's a pity Bunsen don't have anything for veggies.

I work near one. I had one which was just called the plant burger and came with rosemary fries. It was just sublime. I had a Five Guys recently and while I love it, it just wasn't amazing the way that it used to be.

H. H. Asquith

Advertisement