Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rebel burger. No, no, no!

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,981 ✭✭✭Unearthly

I never believed that, considering my mother was brought up in a house where only the father of the house got the meat and they lived on spud, veg and broth. But, and genuine question here as I tried Googling and maybe I'm not using the correct terms, but can a vegan lifestyle be followed and health, getting all nutrients and vitamins required, on products that are grown in Ireland only?

I don't know much about veg myself, quite the carnivore here, and my knowledge of vegan diets is non-existent as it's not something I can ever see myself considering, let alone following. But you hear from some people who are anti-vegan that you can't get it on locally (ie: Ireland) grown produce and some of it needs to be shipped in from other countries. I dunno!

Good morning happy Christmas :)

To be honest food growth is a topic I don't really know about but the people in the know say it can't as vegans eat foods that aren't suitable to be grown here.

Few lads on here, Gozunda and _Brian can go into a lot more detail

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Unearthly wrote: »

To be honest food growth is a topic I don't really know about but the people in the know say it can't as vegans eat foods that aren't suitable to be grown here.

Few lads on here, Gozunda and _Brian can go into a lot more detail

Nearly every person eats food that is not grown in Ireland .

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

I never believed that, considering my mother was brought up in a house where only the father of the house got the meat and they lived on spud, veg and broth. But, and genuine question here as I tried Googling and maybe I'm not using the correct terms, but can a vegan lifestyle be followed and health, getting all nutrients and vitamins required, on products that are grown in Ireland only? I don't know much about veg myself, quite the carnivore here, and my knowledge of vegan diets is non-existent as it's not something I can ever see myself considering, let alone following. But you hear from some people who are anti-vegan that you can't get it on locally (ie: Ireland) grown produce and some of it needs to be shipped in from other countries. I dunno!

Highlighting that the usual anti agriculture stuff is mainly crap is not being 'anti vegan' by any stretch of the imagination - even though some would indeed be happy to keep screaming that I'm sure Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Unearthly wrote: »

To be honest food growth is a topic I don't really know about but the people in the know say it can't as vegans eat foods that aren't suitable to be grown here.Few lads on here, Gozunda and _Brian can go into a lot more detail

And happy Christmas to you Unearthly :D . Thanks for name drop once again - I'm really not sure what point you're making there - but I've no idea whether there are people here who eat a solely Irish based plant food diet. Fair play if they do. Surely you might be more knowledgeable in that area no?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Kasper P

hi guys, just an update, I was watching some streaming services (for some reason I have been watching shows more suitable for women: fleabag, orange is the new black, Grey's Anatomy) and I saw some advertisements for a new item: the meat-free meatball marinara from Subway

I don't know about you but I am very tempted to try this item. I enjoyed the rebel whopper, and sometimes even as vegetarian, you are attracted to the novelty of these dishes you enjoyed in your youth when you had not learnt the joys of cooking superior vegetarian food at home. So I'm going to buy one tomorrow. Actually I only rarely eat processed foods at home, I love to cook vegetarian food from all over the world for my dinner guests, but yes, I will enjoy this dirty little ditty for my break tomorrow. Who is joining?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭UI_Paddy

Had my first ever Rebel Whopper today. I thought it was delicious. It does have a similar texture and feel to beef burgers, I did feel like I got a few more veggies but overall I would recommend to either diet.

Also never knew about the meatless meatball Marinara until I saw it advertised at a bus shelter yesterday. Will definitely give it a try soon.

Advertisement