Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rebel burger. No, no, no!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

McD's and Burger King offer nothing for them except the fries in McD's. Pathetic.

I see Mc D’s finally ditched that brioche ‘signature’ range they were trying to introduce. Meanwhile whenever they do the limited edition stacks they are flying off the shelves :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Bobblehats wrote: »
    I see Mc D’s finally ditched that brioche ‘signature’ range they were trying to introduce. Meanwhile whenever they do the limited edition stacks they are flying off the shelves :rolleyes:

That implies I’m the only one buying them. They’re the only ones I buy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

jh79 wrote: »
    You could if your average intake was the recommened 80g a day of red meat and bulked up with chicken.

Lots of junk science about plant based diets. Fake documentaries such Game Changers and Forks Over Knives guilty of spreading these false claims.

I saw a dreadful one on Netflix a while back called ‘What The Health?’. Sample claim from it: eating an egg a day is as bad for your health as smoking five cigarettes a day. Yup. Another sample claim: sugar has been unfairly maligned and is not bad for your health. I love me some sugar but come on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

The Al Murray joke comes to mind. 'Id never hurt an animal, I like cows, it's not my fault they're made of beef. I like steak but it's not like I'm gonna walk up and bloody punch a cow..'

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

I bought a bottle of Pepsi in Tesco yesterday. The bastards had Coke on the shelf too. I didn't want Coke. Why were they selling something I didn't want?

They sell nappies there too. I don't have children. What the fuck? Why are they doing this to me? Are they trying to taunt me?

I didn't sleep a wink last night thinking about this.

And speaking of fake meat what's the deal with chicken nuggets in the shape of dinosaurs? Why not eat a real dinosaur? This really boils my shit. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

I bought a bottle of Pepsi in Tesco yesterday. The bastards had Coke on the shelf too. I didn't want Coke. Why were they selling something I didn't want?

They sell nappies there too. I don't have children. What the fuck? Why are they doing this to me? Are they trying to taunt me?

I didn't sleep a wink last night thinking about this.

And speaking of fake meat what's the deal with chicken nuggets in the shape of dinosaurs? Why not eat a real dinosaur? This really boils my shit. :mad:

Don't ever eat shepherds pie.

The Al Murray joke comes to mind. 'Id never hurt an animal, I like cows, it's not my fault they're made of beef. I like steak but it's not like I'm gonna walk up and bloody punch a cow..'

I am personally not killing any animal that’s for sure. *in before the but brigade*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Bobblehats wrote: »
    I am personally not killing any animal that’s for sure. *in before the but brigade*

I wish I could have a brigade to be part of :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Raconteuse wrote: »
    But why? I cannot understand why it angers people. They don't have to eat it (I'm not vegan or vegetarian).

You quoted half of my first sentence. The rest of the sentence tells you why it sickens me.

I have no problem with vegans or veganism, I hate the whole pandering to vegans like BK are doing yet they offer absolutely zero gluten free options to cater for people who have an auto immune disease which means they have absolutely no choice in what they eat.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

You quoted half of my first sentence. The rest of the sentence tells you why it sickens me.

I have no problem with vegans or veganism, I hate the whole pandering to vegans like BK are doing yet they offer absolutely zero gluten free options to cater for people who have an auto immune disease which means they have absolutely no choice in what they eat.

All these companies care about is their bottom line. They’ve clearly figured that it’s worthwhile to have a vegan option. Nothing more to it than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

FTA69 wrote: »
    1) it’s easy to eat out if you’re a coeliac, just don’t eat bread or stuff with wheat in it.

2) most “coeliacs” aren’t even coeliacs.

My 7yr old daughter is coeliac. She was diagnosed when she was 2yrs old after being very sick for months and doctors telling us she had tummy bugs, was lactose intolerant and every other ailment they could think of to explain her vomitting several times a day and her hair falling out. She's most definitely coeliac.

You are ignorant and clueless and clearly have no experience of trying to eat out with a coeliac child. Your knowledge on food ingredients it's also very limited and your comment 'just don't eat bread or stuff with wheat in it' is downright stupid, like you.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,962 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Bk is a private business. It only has to make profit. So it will "pander" to and groups or ethos that will increase its profit. Bk doesn't support veganism. It just brought out a product that it judged will make profit and/or will help it's image which will make profit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

It's not even vegan! So clearly BK are getting on board of the vegetarian fad from a few decades ago.

Also I'm sure it has nothing to do with the increase in profits when it was introduced in other regions.

tuxy wrote: »
    It's not even vegan! So clearly BK are getting on board of the vegetarian fad from a few decades ago.

Also I'm sure it has nothing to do with the increase in profits when it was introduced in other regions.

If it has nothing to do with profits, why do you think they're doing it?

tuxy wrote: »

And it's not as if veggie burgers are a new thing, this is just dressed up a little bit more, made trendy and nice IPO success story (for now) for the company.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,673 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

You can't actually tell the difference it's that good. Only difference is one didn't come from a polluting cow and one did.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,703 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Ipso wrote: »
    What ingredients are in the those ones?

According to a rather amusing review in the Irish Times
    ...an achingly on-trend soya-and-wheat combo that has been mixed with a mishmash of vegetable oil, salt and flavourings to create a patty that is, weirdly, almost indistinguishable from that in an old-school Whopper...

FULL ARTICLE

On trend, for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,765 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

You can't actually tell the difference it's that good. Only difference is one didn't come from a polluting cow and one did.

I'd tell the difference.
    It's good but not that good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

I suddenly understand that South Park episode now

It's been fairly spot on this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Dont tell me what it's not, tell me what it is. It may as well say 0% denim.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,504 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Why do you care what other people eat?
    Beef farming is one of the worst polluters in this country. Just think of all those cow farts floating into the atmosphere next time you go to burger King and eat a few cows mushed together on a bun :)

It's the belching not the farting that causes most of the pollution.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

All this talk of burgers made me hungry. Popped into a place called Bujo in Sandymount. Excellent burger, but I still prefer Bunsen. They had a Beyond Meat burger in the menu but didn’t try it.

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Dont tell me what it's not, tell me what it is. It may as well say 0% denim.

It's a burger

Because of this thread I tried them tonight - beyond burger brand.

Had burger, chips and homemade slaw. I have to say it was very good. Lovely smokey flavour like char grill. Very nice. It didn't taste like beef but it was a lovely burger.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,824 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

All this talk of burgers made me hungry. Popped into a place called Bujo in Sandymount. Excellent burger, but I still prefer Bunsen. They had a Beyond Meat burger in the menu but didn’t try it.

Cool story.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

As another poster has pointed out,
    global meat consumption is unsustainable
    which it definitely is,
    I'm hoping more people take the vegetarian route.

So I can continue to eat meat.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Cool story.

Cheers, pal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

Totally disagree with the OP

Herself is a vegetarian. She's very tired of the BK Bean Burger, but loves their fries.

We treat ourselves to a junk food meal about once a month - this puts BK back on the list

Advertisement