Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rebel burger. No, no, no!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,815 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Isn't that the way boards work? Someone gives an opinion, if it doesn't fit with the rest of the opinions it's a whinge, and then the debate of the whinge ensues?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,981 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Jesus stop digging potential monke. Posting complete and utter nonsense :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,815 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Unearthly wrote: »
    Jesus stop digging potential monke. Posting complete and utter nonsense :D

k,uzfgah cgbe;o ligch eaqohg ;oaIHBG. A

That is complete and utter nonsense.

Thanks for helping prove my point though!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Because it's double standards, regardless of the amount of current vegan only restaurants. My brother is a chef, and I was tempted to open a cafe/restaurant. He basically told me that even though he does vegan stuff, it doesn't really sell, but if it's not on the menu it's like hanging the business. From his perspective, people want these on the menu but very few actually order them.

Look, it's just my opinion. That burger is not even vegan, so why bother? And I'm not alone on this, just people are now afraid to speak out against vegans because they're automatically seen as a demon. I have absolutely no issue with them, I just don't like seeing it shoehorned into everything, while vegan only places don't have to do meat products. It's plainly double standards. That's all.

You’ve got no reason to be “speaking out” against people because they decide not to eat a certain foodstuff. You’re coming across as a cranky and angry fanatic with an axe to grind.

You might think not eating meat is stupid and that’s your right. But at the end of the day, factory farming of animals is usually cruel, meat production is environmentally bad and global meat consumption is unsustainable.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

All this vegan bullshjt sickens me, all these restaurants pandering to **** who chose this diet type yet coeliacs who have no option on what they eat are barely a consideration in most restuartants and not at all in fast food joints. McD's and Burger King offer nothing for them except the fries in McD's. Pathetic.
    Quarter pounder in MCD with no bun is gf, they give it to u with a little knife and fork
    Mcd on the continent have gf buns as well though. Ate a couple burgers on hols there recently. Glorious

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭taytobreath

anyone try these vegan burgers yet, if they tasted as good as their regular burgers i could easily replace

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

I don't understand vegans simply because meat is delicious and I couldn't imagine my life without it, but now all these places which are traditionally meat eateries are having to come up with fake meat products to appease the minority. Even though I don't eat vegan, I'm pretty sure Burgerking will be pretty low on the list of where vegans eat, if it's on it at all.

Edit: And just found out that it's not actual vegan due to mayo being used in it.

You do. There are plenty of things you eat every day that are vegan. Most breads, cereals, fruit, veg, nuts. You probably have some or all of these everyday. it's not exclusively vegan as you'll eat meat and dairy as well but you do eat vegan. You just don't follow an exclusively vegan diet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Pure meat-eater speaking here: this thread is a fùcking catastrophe in a subforum packed with prime examples of the class.

What a bunch of moaning, entitled snowflakes you After Hours idiots are, offended by every little thing. My three year old son throws fewer tantrums than the dribbling cretins of AH.

Grow the fück up. You all snivel and whine about ‘millennials’ being the soft ones, the easily offended ones, yet every little problem has you all running here for comfort from your little circle jerk of other snowflakes. What a pathetic forum this is.

All this vegan bullshjt sickens me, all these restaurants pandering to **** who chose this diet type yet coeliacs who have no option on what they eat are barely a consideration in most restuartants and not at all in fast food joints. McD's and Burger King offer nothing for them except the fries in McD's. Pathetic.

1) it’s easy to eat out if you’re a coeliac, just don’t eat bread or stuff with wheat in it.

2) most “coeliacs” aren’t even coeliacs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Treppen

MJohnston wrote: »
    Pure meat-eater speaking here: this thread is a fùcking catastrophe in a subforum packed with prime examples of the class.

What a bunch of moaning, entitled snowflakes you After Hours idiots are, offended by every little thing. My three year old son throws fewer tantrums than the dribbling cretins of AH.

Grow the fück up. You all snivel and whine about ‘millennials’ being the soft ones, the easily offended ones, yet every little problem has you all running here for comfort from your little circle jerk of other snowflakes. What a pathetic forum this is.

10 years later...
    Son: "Im switching to vegan Daddy."
    MJohnston: reads out thread post from 2019
    Son: why is Daddy so angry?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,860 ✭✭✭✭anewme

This links strongly to the other thread about positivity vs. negativity. This thread is a big black pool of negativity. And entitlement. It's so bad, it's actually hilarious.

You'd wonder how some of these people survive in the real world.

I don't eat meat. So now, if I end up in BK for lunch (not that often), I have a choice.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

FTA69 wrote: »
    1) it’s easy to eat out if you’re a coeliac, just don’t eat bread or stuff with wheat in it.

Ah don't i don't wana get poisoned again bc someone thought i was making it up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Tired Gardener

Notdeco wrote: »
    So burger King have spread the v virus to Ireland.
    And I'm not happy...

If I want a burger, I want it to be real meat. If I want a salad I want it to be a salad.
    Ah the poor vegans want it all.
    Well ye can fook off and eat seeds and help the planet and leave the tasty food to us that enjoy flavour.

Had to be said.
    I can't be the only one to think this, maybe I am...

Imagine being this pathetic, getting outraged over a fast food item... OP, you should take up something relaxing, may be go for a walk, or do some painting, because it sounds like you need to de-stress.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,860 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Imagine being this pathetic, getting outraged over a fast food item... OP, you should take up something relaxing, may be go for a walk, or do some painting, because it sounds like you need to de-stress.

And all the I want, I want, I WANT....
    Someone needs to give that man a Snickers.
    There will probably be a Vegan Snickers along soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,376 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Ah ffs. If you want meat , get meat. The fact that there is a vegetarian option on the menu shouldn't annoy you !
    People go on about snow flakes who choose a vegetarian option , grow the fcuk up. !

cjmc wrote: »
    Ah ffs. If you want meat , get meat. The fact that there is a vegetarian option on the menu shouldn't annoy you !
    People go on about snow flakes who choose a vegetarian option , grow the fcuk up. !

There are some people here that sound like they would take a swing at a barman for selling non-alcoholic beer.

I had a good laugh down the local chipper there once day recently when someone ordered a veggie burger and they threw it into the fryer with chicken nuggets and a chicken burger to cook :D.

bluewolf wrote: »
    Ah don't i don't wana get poisoned again bc someone thought i was making it up

Surely as a genuine coeliac it winds you up when people declare they have gluten intolerance when they’ve nothing of the sort?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,549 ✭✭✭dubrov

I had a good laugh down the local chipper there once day recently when someone ordered a veggie burger and they threw it into the fryer with chicken nuggets and a chicken burger to cook .

Most vegetarians are against animal cruelty. They are not allergic to meat.

The joke is on you though if that's the standards your local chippy employs

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

It's not as easy as avoid bread. My daughter is a coeliac, it's quite hard to find anywhere to eat out. Cross contamination is a big risk. Restaurants need completely separate food preparation and cooking facilities, plus a lot of things you wouldn't expect to have gluten in them do have. Frozen chips for example or rice crispies ffs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭airy fairy

I wish it were that easy.
    Ever heard of cross contamination? For a genuine coeliac then it's almost impossible to eat out with any decent result.
    There are, of course, gluten free eaters, who claim they are such, but will happily tuck into a bag of chips from the chippie, after they've been fried with fish batter, breadcrumbs and onion rings!
    If companies, such as McDs and Burger King put half as much effort into a gf menu as they are doing for the vegan, it would go a long way.
    This new fad of veganism and their demand for wide selections of foods is a bit much to take when it's not even a medical condition.

Surely as a genuine coeliac it winds you up when people declare they have gluten intolerance when they’ve nothing of the sort?

I don't really care to be honest and if anything the range of options is super. It's a long way from the days you had to make an expedition to a special food shop somewhere.

It's not about avoiding bread, btw. A lot of sauces like soy sauce are made from wheat. Burgers have a 50 50 chance of having breadcrumbs. A lot of crisps are coated in barley flavouring. All breakfast cereals are coated in it as well. That's aside from cross contamination Etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

Is this triggered post referring to those complaining about the vegan options (minority in fairness) or those critical of the OP?

Do they include themselves in the "After Hours idiots"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

Is that true? I wonder about the claim that many only pretend to be coeliac. I don't know anyone who pretends it.

I had a good laugh down the local chipper there once day recently when someone ordered a veggie burger and they threw it into the fryer with chicken nuggets and a chicken burger to cook :D.
    dubrov wrote: »
    Most vegetarians are against animal cruelty. They are not allergic to meat.

The joke is on you though if that's the standards your local chippy employs

Would the joke not be on the person who ordered the veggie burger?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Raconteuse wrote: »
    Is this triggered post referring to those complaining about the vegan options (minority in fairness) or those critical of the OP?

Do they include themselves in the "After Hours idiots"?

Yes i can't figure it out. Is he mad at snowflake vegans or sbowflake meat eaters giving out about vegans?
    Anyway are they out in ireland now? Ill get one this week and report back to AH.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

What's the harm in BK doing this? The answer of course is there's none.
    So it's just a case of someone having a bitch, looking for a reaction.
    And I guess they've succeeded somewhat.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Bob Harris wrote: »

Whats the joke exactly? That he has been duped into possibly eating meat remnants?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,549 ✭✭✭dubrov

Bob Harris wrote:

To spell it out, if the chipper has that little care for their customers you can be sure their hygiene practices are also poor..Think rat droppings just out of sight under the counter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,765 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Why da fcuk do they have to sell chips?
    If I wanted vegan food I wouldn't be going to BK.
    And don't start me on the onion rings!

Advertisement