Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noel Grealish

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭terenc

high_king wrote: »
    Lots of "stupid" "racists" out there

Well over a million maybe 2 million.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,398 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

The absolute bang of arrogance and dismissive attitude off some of the boardsies on this thread

Won’t end well. Mad stuff ted

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Tangential but look at these cretins. This is who Grealish was looking to hear his dog whistle

https://twitter.com/wsmireland/status/1196002064394051584?s=21

What will they chant at actual nazi's (if they ever gain sufficient numbers to have a protest, which I doubt) considering they wear out 'nazi scum off our streets' on just about everyone right of stalin.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

What will they chant at actual nazi's (if they ever gain sufficient numbers to have a protest, which I doubt) considering they wear out 'nazi scum off our streets' on just about everyone right of stalin.

These same ‘free speech’ warriors including that idiot from gript John mcguirk are currently in meltdown on twitter cos Lisa Smith the isis chick is gonna be on the late late on Friday.

Free speech for ‘us’. But not her or ‘them’

These same ‘free speech’ warriors including that idiot from gript John mcguirk are currently in meltdown on twitter cos Lisa Smith the isis chick is gonna be on the late late on Friday.

I had a look at john mcguirk's twitter, can't see anything about lisa smith from the last few days anyway ?

and I would agree that putting her on the late late would do nothing except promote terrorism.

theres a huge difference between free speech and putting a terrorist front and centre on our nations most popular media discussion show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

theres a huge difference between free speech and putting a terrorist front and centre on our nations most popular media discussion show.

There is? What would that be then?

I had a look at john mcguirk's twitter, can't see anything about lisa smith from the last few days anyway ?

and I would agree that putting her on the late late would do nothing except promote terrorism.

I think the opposite. It’ll rile up more of these far right wannabes. It won’t promote terrorism.
    She’s begged to get outta there it won’t be her sitting there promoting the virtues of isis.

I think it’s a terrible idea for her to go on for her own personal good. She’s only gonna create a Massive ****storm do herself and her family.

alastair wrote: »
    There is? What would that be then?

Leaving aside those co-opting the movement for their own political gains or whatever , but most of the free speech protestors just want to be able to use user friendly online platforms like youtube, facebook and twitter to reach their audience and grow their base. They are not demanding time with a captive audience accross the nation, not demanding to be on television or radio. I think while these companies do have a right to ban them, they are only doing so because of a prevailing pressure from political opponents rather than a desire to do so.

I would equally not to see John Mcguirk, grand torino, Gemma etc... on the late late,

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Leaving aside those co-opting the movement for their own political gains or whatever , but most of the free speech protestors just want to be able to use user friendly online platforms like youtube, facebook and twitter to reach their audience and grow their base. They are not demanding time with a captive audience accross the nation, not demanding to be on television or radio. I think while these companies do have a right to ban them, they are only doing so because of a prevailing pressure from political opponents rather than a desire to do so.

I would equally not to see John Mcguirk, grand torino, Gemma etc... on the late late,

That’s not an issue of free speech then. Nobody is ‘demanding time’ with a captive audience (RTÉ make their own booking choices, and don’t have a captive audience). Your issue with the privately owned social media platforms appears to be a demand to ignore their terms of use. There’s no issue with wingnuts on any of those platforms, right up until they abuse the terms of use they signed up to.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,064 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I think the opposite. It’ll rile up more of these far right wannabes. It won’t promote terrorism.
    She’s begged to get outta there it won’t be her sitting there promoting the virtues of isis.

I think it’s a terrible idea for her to go on for her own personal good. She’s only gonna create a Massive ****storm do herself and her family.

It also be giving 2 fingers to the Geniune Refugees fleeing war that live here and in Europe. But **** them I guess once you get your little kick.

• Advertisement

It also be giving 2 fingers to the Geniune Refugees fleeing war that live here and in Europe. But **** them I guess once you get your little kick.

Eh what??

I’d rather kick myself in the face repeatedly than watch the late late but whatever

Some asylum seekers 'have to be deprogrammed' RTE
    Who the f*** is this government bringing into this country . Deprogram what" isis" .. The Irish people have a right to know who this government are bringing into this country , time to rise up and demand answers.

terenc wrote: »
    Some asylum seekers 'have to be deprogrammed' RTE
    Who the f*** is this government bringing into this country . Deprogram what" isis" .. The Irish people have a right to know who this government are bringing into this country , time to rise up and demand answers.

And here children is an example of what happens when you only read the headline.

And here children is an example of what happens when you only read the headline.
    Says the professor, look beyond your glasses.

terenc wrote: »
    Says the professor, look beyond your glasses.

You didn’t read the article.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,451 ✭✭✭rgossip30

I think it will be sometime if at all she will be on the Late late but i am living in hope .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Immigration is a ok when the Grealish family do it going overseas.
    Not ok if anyone comes here.

Of course you can back this assertion up?? It's not like you've pulled it from your hole!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭1641

Is this the same Noel Grealish, by any chance? -

"The official launch took place last week in Chicago of a new movement to try to win recognition for the thousands of young Irish who are living in the US as illegal immigrants – many of whom dare not come home for fear of being banned from returning to the US. And among those heading-up the alliance of about 200 Chicago area businesses is Galwayman Billy Lawless, now a successful restaurateur in Chicago, who attended last week’s function in Chicago Merchandise Mart at which the campaign for recognition was launched.....

Among those who attended last week’s function in Chicago was Galway West Independent TD Noel Grealish who welcomed the initiative involving people like Jim Edgar and Billy Lawless and said that such initiatives held out the hope for thousands of Irish in the US.

Said Deputy Grealish: “I have dealt with a large number of people from the west who are in the States but do not have legal status and, for many of them, it is a very difficult situation.

“Many of them dare not come home ….. I have cases where they could not even come home to attend important family occasions such as weddings or funerals. This new lobby body could play an important role and it is good to see a Galway input from a person like Billy Lawless,” added Deputy Grealish.
    "
    https://connachttribune.ie/galway-native-leads-drive-for-recognition-of-illegal-irish-immigrants-in-us/

1641 wrote: »
    Is this the same Noel Grealish, by any chance? -

"The official launch took place last week in Chicago of a new movement to try to win recognition for the thousands of young Irish who are living in the US as illegal immigrants – many of whom dare not come home for fear of being banned from returning to the US. And among those heading-up the alliance of about 200 Chicago area businesses is Galwayman Billy Lawless, now a successful restaurateur in Chicago, who attended last week’s function in Chicago Merchandise Mart at which the campaign for recognition was launched.....

Among those who attended last week’s function in Chicago was Galway West Independent TD Noel Grealish who welcomed the initiative involving people like Jim Edgar and Billy Lawless and said that such initiatives held out the hope for thousands of Irish in the US.

They are not asylum seekers or living on welfare there is a difference .

Said Deputy Grealish: “I have dealt with a large number of people from the west who are in the States but do not have legal status and, for many of them, it is a very difficult situation.

“Many of them dare not come home ….. I have cases where they could not even come home to attend important family occasions such as weddings or funerals. This new lobby body could play an important role and it is good to see a Galway input from a person like Billy Lawless,” added Deputy Grealish.
    "
    https://connachttribune.ie/galway-native-leads-drive-for-recognition-of-illegal-irish-immigrants-in-us/
    They are not asylum sekers or living on welfare there is a difference .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

rgossip30 wrote: »
    They are not asylum sekers or living on welfare there is a difference .

How many of them are filing their taxes correctly and sending their kids to the public school? Cash in hand all the way baby. Hang around Irish communities in NY or Chicago and you'll quickly learn the score. Undocumented can still access certain forms of welfare in certain US states btw.

Come off it that Irish illegals are whiter-than-white. And at the end of the day, what does it matter if they are drawing down welfare or not? The US has laws, and the Irish undocumented are wilfully violating them.

As I mentioned in another thread (or perhaps this one), there's a high likelihood that some or all of Grealish's Stateside siblings were illegal at one stage or another.

• Advertisement

Yurt! wrote: »
    How many of them are filing their taxes correctly and sending their kids to the public school? Cash in hand all the way baby. Hang around Irish communities in NY or Chicago and you'll quickly learn the score. Undocumented can still access certain forms of welfare in certain US states btw.

Come off it that Irish illegals are whiter-than-white. And at the end of the day, what does it matter if they are drawing down welfare or not? The US has laws, and the Irish undocumented are wilfully violating them.

As I mentioned in another thread (or perhaps this one), there's a high likelihood that some or all of Grealish's Stateside siblings were illegal at one stage or another.
    They are deported more swiftly in the US than in Ireland if caught nor do I condone their actions . I always had the opinion it was a fool hardy way to live .
    The US does offer amnesties to bring those into the tax net . The only mistake Grealish made was the use of the term sponger oddly acceptable when referring to Irish dole cheats but he got attention .
    You know that its racist to say this about foreigners here and its bordering on or can be regarded as hate speech .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

Jesus Christ if you came on here and alleged that about foreigners in Ireland there would be mayhem, you racist :pac:

Edit: and yes I totally agree

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

I think it’s fair to say most posters on here do not understand what constitutes racism.

This insistence that any criticism of a person of a different ethnicity or skin colour is called out as racist is seriously obtuse.

That’s for America’s politicians to sort out. Not sure what it’s got to do with Noel Grealish.

rgossip30 wrote: »
    They are not asylum seekers or living on welfare there is a difference .

They are illegal immigrants (economic migrants) to the US. Clearly Grealish has no difficulty with illegal immigration as long as they are Irish. He is a hypocrite as well as a dog whistler.

I wonder did any of them ever send money home?

"Noel Grealish grew up in a large Carnmore family of nine boys and one girl.

Like so many in the West of Ireland, many of the Grealish family had to emigrate in search of work — at one point there were seven of them abroad, and currently Noel has three siblings living in Boston and one each in Copenhagen, Chicago and Nebraska."
    http://www.noelgrealishtd.com/about-noel.html

They are illegal immigrants (economic migrants) to the US. Clearly Grealish has no difficulty with illegal immigration as long as they are Irish. He is a hypocrite as well as a dog whistler.

The governments of the day have long tried to get them legalised especially on St Patricks Day !

I wonder did any of them ever send money home?

"Noel Grealish grew up in a large Carnmore family of nine boys and one girl.

Like so many in the West of Ireland, many of the Grealish family had to emigrate in search of work — at one point there were seven of them abroad, and currently Noel has three siblings living in Boston and one each in Copenhagen, Chicago and Nebraska."
    http://www.noelgrealishtd.com/about-noel.html

Again, what has that got to do with remittances out of Ireland??

Again, what has that got to do with remittances out of Ireland??

"Remittances in - Good. Remittances out - Bad."

(Irish) Animal Farm.

• Advertisement

"Remittances in - Good. Remittances out - Bad."

(Irish) Animal Farm.

Remittances out - our problem. Remittances in - not our problem. They should be checked at source to ensure they are above board.

I very much doubt we, or any other country, would have the legal power to investigate people sending money from another country. Not our jurisdiction.

Advertisement