Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noel Grealish

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

rgossip30 wrote: »
    This was about deportations in general maybe you beat yourself with the stick .

If you’ve any evidence whatsoever that failed asylum seekers are not complying with deportation orders, and remain in the country illegally, then feel free to show it. Because it’s rather strange to rail against something you’ve no evidence exists. Like all that unicorn poop all over the country’s paths. It’s a disgrace Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I received a phone call a few years ago from a Nigerian prince offering me money.
    I have never received a phone call from an Irish prince offering help, ever.

Fair play to him.

I refused however as I’m already a millionaire.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 418 ✭✭high_king

I received a phone call a few years ago from a Nigerian prince offering me money.
    I have never received a phone call from an Irish prince offering help, ever.

Fair play to him.

I refused however as I’m already a millionaire.

Stop Speaking Racist.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

alastair wrote: »
    Under or investigated eh? Seems legit.

Under investigated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭rgossip30

If you’ve any evidence whatsoever that failed asylum seekers are not complying with deportation orders, and remain in the country illegally, then feel free to show it. Because it’s rather strange to rail against something you’ve no evidence exists. Like all that unicorn poop all over the country’s paths. It’s a disgrace Joe.

You keep wanting to go on about this even in reply to a poster on another topic .:pac:
    You show they are not in the country illegally with proof , deportation orders can be revoked . . On the subject of 140k visa issued in 2018 how many are overstayers impossible to know as Ireland has no exit stamps on passports . You seem to have god given insight to the answers .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,875 ✭✭✭enricoh

Faugheen wrote: »
    Looks like the ‘concerned citizens’ don’t know their employed from their unemployed.

Don’t let the truth get in the way of hatred though.

Figures dont include those on the disability allowance.
    The dole is for suckers,, disability allowance is where its at. The poor Nigerians get traumatised with the connecting flights required to get here and are very susceptible to a life on the disability.
    Do u put the last line in every post you do?
    Have you got any other ones?

tdf7187 wrote: »
    Under investigated.

And your insights into the banking industry are based on what...?

I've sent you a PM, ok.

I've sent you a PM, ok.

This head banger just goes on and on and on .

This head banger just goes on and on and on .

What?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

I've sent you a PM, ok.

Nothing substantive there.

Based on actually working there, mostly at a senior level, and furnishing a statement that was referenced in both reports by the Oireachtas Committee, and was published unredacted, unlike some other statements.

To be totally honest, while Nigerian frauds were an issue at the time, the cost to the banks and taxpayer was nothing - a rounding error - compared to the costs to the Irish taxpayer of the largely Irish native massive overinvestment in the bubble.

Ok?

What?

not you .

Nothing substantive there.

Probably not. People are careful of internet privacy. The offer is open.

not you .

Got ya, no worries.

Based on actually working there, mostly at a senior level, and furnishing a statement that was referenced in both reports by the Oireachtas Committee, and was published unredacted, unlike some other statements.

To be totally honest, while Nigerian frauds were an issue at the time, the cost to the banks and taxpayer was nothing - a rounding error - compared to the costs to the Irish taxpayer of the largely Irish native massive overinvestment in the bubble.

Ok?

Not really. You’re claiming the Grealish statement had nothing wrong with it, and also that Nigerian fraud amounted to a mere rounding error in the broader banking scheme of things. Sounds like two different stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Enforced deportations is a small number whats your point .

We've had 60,000 through dp and a grand total of 1800 actual deportations with one of the highest refusal rates in the EU ,
    Now according to the same posters all the failed asylum seekers just left and went home bases off the simple opinion they just know ,

Gatling wrote: »
    We've had 60,000 through dp and a grand total of 1800 actual deportations with one of the highest refusal rates in the EU ,
    Now according to the same posters all the failed asylum seekers just left and went home bases off the simple opinion they just know ,

‘Enforced deportations’. Not ‘actual’ deportations. The majority of deportation orders do not require enforcement. It shouldn’t be too difficult to point out some of these supposed 58,000 hangers-on eh? So where are they?

Got ya, no worries.

I have had a rather rude reply from a poster on the banking thread that claims its almost impossible to have fraudulent transfers .To know the numbers of remittances is easily done by banks so I am informed . I doubt any bank is going to admit that fraud activity exists bad for the reputation, why he got triggered .
    In that case how come the CSO figure remains static at 17 million since 2009 and is a guess and the world bank figure is much higher .
    I have seen convictions for those that agreed to open bank accounts for fraudsters who had many multiple bank accounts .There is also the re invoicing scam which has netted millions here and no doubt a much larger amount in Europe .The credit card fraud and the drugs .

• Advertisement

I have had a rather rude reply from a poster on the banking thread that claims its almost impossible to have fraudulent transfers .To know the numbers of remittances is easy .
    In that case how come the CSO figure remains static at 17 million since 2009 and is a guess and the world bank figure is much higher .

The methodology for the CSO figure has been discussed earlier in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

‘Enforced deportations’. Not ‘actual’ deportations.

Exactly not actual deportations ,so if a deportation order hasn't been enforced then there was no deportation.

Simple stuff

Gatling wrote: »
    Exactly not actual deportations ,so if a deportation order hasn't been enforced then there was no deportation.

Simple stuff

Clearly not simple enough. A deportation order can be complied with, without requiring enforcement. Most are.

Clearly not simple enough. A deportation order can be complied with, without requiring enforcement. Most are.

and still no link guessing again
    The methodology for the CSO figure has been discussed earlier in this thread.

Not the reason the figure of 17 million remains static since 2010 .

and still no link guessing again

A link to what exactly? It’s how the process works.
    Not the reason the figure of 17 million remains static since 2010 .

It’s the same for plenty other nationalities in the CSO estimates - the figures are rounded to the nearest million, so there would clearly need to be a substantial population shift to warrant a change in the estimate.

They get into Grealish and what he’s doing / planning to do, on the last Irish times inside politics podcast.

If you can’t access it, basically himself the Healy raes and Mattie McGrath are co opting people’s worries about immigration and stirring the sh!t to get re-elected

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

https://www.thejournal.ie/one-in-five-unemployed-2011-non-nationals-534685-Jul2012/

These are 2011 figures, but nigerians consistently have the highest unemployment rate of any group (except travellers) here

Ah,but you may be deliberately omitting the self-employed,entrepreneur

Taxi !!!!!! :D

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

Not really. You’re claiming the Grealish statement had nothing wrong with it, and also that Nigerian fraud amounted to a mere rounding error in the broader banking scheme of things. Sounds like two different stories.

Boo hoo.

They get into Grealish and what he’s doing / planning to do, on the last Irish times inside politics podcast.

If you can’t access it, basically himself the Healy raes and Mattie McGrath are co opting people’s worries about immigration and stirring the sh!t to get re-elected

The Irish Times podcast? Lol, no thanks.

• Advertisement

The Irish Times podcast? Lol, no thanks.

You don’t trust the Irish times? Or media in general?

Advertisement