Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noel Grealish

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭wiggle16

Numbers are not real.

Numbers are not "actual". Meaning that they cannot be qualified as existing apart from the context of objects which man senses.They are simply a way we organize our world and the way relative movement of two or more objects we observe.

They are an ABSTRACT concept which require an OBSERVER to be real. THINK ABOUT THAT. Numbers are not found in nature they are found in the minds and understanding of men. They are found in logic.

Are some figures more valuable and faithful to things that are real than others yes. But you have to discern that.

Branches of science like mathematics and logic are not about the real things they are not meant to be. They are indeed about the abstract. This is both their power and weakness.

If you give them some rules of a world which may or may not exist, they will tell you a lot of other things about that world even though it doesn't exist. The world bank gave you a set of figures based on an imaginary world.

All the rules and formulations for calculating things about this world doesn't make it real.

I can tell you one apple and another apple is two apples. I can tell you the rules for subtracting these apples. It doesn't mean I actually have 2 apples. But nothing i have told you is a lie. However if i take that info into the real world and try to use it to sell you 2 apples i dont have ..that is a lie. How you like dem apples!? :P

You tell 'em, Vibes! :)

None of you would be giving those numbers any credence if the nationality in question had a different skin melanin index.

The numbers are outlandish and demonstrably untrue (€3.4 million a day if you use his 10 billion figure) - what's more worrying is the readiness to believe it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭rgossip30

alastair wrote: »
    Unless you’ve any evidence of people remaining here after receiving a deportation order (beyond those who have had to have their deportation enforced), it’s fair enough to accept that they have left the country. And deportation orders are not revoked after five years.

Well its your opinion in the absence of figures as ireland does still not have exit stamps on passports unlike most countries .

https://ec.europa.eu/home-affairs/sites/homeaffairs/files/14a_ireland_rejectedasylum_final_en.pdf

Search revoked to find the section on this 5 year rule its known in legal circles as the rule that does not exist . You might ask some of the eagles in the law threads . The government is at pains to point out its not an amnesty .

http://www.justice.ie/en/JELR/WG_Report_2nd_Progress_Table_2017.pdf/Files/WG_Report_2nd_Progress_Table_2017.pdf

Those in the system for 5 years are granted leave to remain . This does provide an incentive to stay .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

wiggle16 wrote: »
    You tell 'em, Vibes! :)

None of you would be giving those numbers any credence if the nationality in question had a different skin melanin index.

The numbers are outlandish and demonstrably untrue (€3.4 million a day if you use his 10 billion figure) - what's more worrying is the readiness to believe it.

Including Leo , cause he replied to Noel in the sail saying “ not sure where you’re going with this , I’ve no reason not to believe your figures are true, sure didn’t granny send money home “

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

hawkelady wrote: »
    Someone put up the stat here..... might even be 67% or something like that ... if someone can repost it so we can clarify

Yeah. A made up stat. But carry on.

Dante7 wrote: »
    Well, before the clarification about the figures emerged, there were plenty of people saying that those figures were nothing to be concerned about,and that to even question them was racist.

Really? Because I certainly saw neither.

• Advertisement

high_king wrote: »
    whatever floats you boat, but those interested in the facts will remember all of them.

Grealish could well be a KKK Grand Wizzard Neo Nazi white supremacist for all I know, or care . . . but the actual question wasn't. Unless you don't know the meaning of the word.

The questioner is racist, and the intent of the question is racist. He’d already been provided with evidence that the figures he was quoting were wrong. A moment’s critical evaluation would have informed him they were wrong. But he chose to cast aspersions on one nationality (amongst his ‘African spongers’ of course) regardless.

rgossip30 wrote: »
    Well its your opinion in the absence of figures as ireland does still not have exit stamps on passports unlike most countries .

https://ec.europa.eu/home-affairs/sites/homeaffairs/files/14a_ireland_rejectedasylum_final_en.pdf

Search revoked to find the section on this 5 year rule its known in legal circles as the rule that does not exist . You might ask some of the eagles in the law threads . The government is at pains to point out its not an amnesty .

http://www.justice.ie/en/JELR/WG_Report_2nd_Progress_Table_2017.pdf/Files/WG_Report_2nd_Progress_Table_2017.pdf

Those in the system for 5 years are granted leave to remain . This does provide an incentive to stay .

Once again - no evidence whatsoever of asylum seekers issued with deportation orders remaining in the country, other than those awaiting a family member’s application decision, or having received a ministerial order. And there is no automatic leave to remain for anyone five years in the system. That’s nonsense. Your link confirms that, if you actually read it.

Once again - no evidence whatsoever of asylum seekers issued with deportation orders remaining in the country, other than those awaiting a family member’s application, or having received a ministerial order. And there is no automatic leave to remain for anyone five years in the system. That’s nonsense. Your link confirms that, if you actually read it.

Once again I never made any claim that asylum seekers remain in the country as no figures exist. Do you have evidence that they they do not remain in the country as you seem to have difficulty with this . You want to believe they do not remain so you are welcome to believe it.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/80-of-failed-asylum-seekers-stay-5l5nk52cs
    No automatic right but 80% of failed asylum seekers do get to stay .

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

I’d say the figures need to be fully audited. It’s scary. That money would make a huge difference to Ireland.

Again I say these figures from the world bank need to be audited.

Some boardsies on this are whining that the world bank figures are wrong.

When asked for their expertise and qualifications to lecture the rest of us on Nigerian financial data

they have nothing but back of the beermat rubbishy bluster.

So again, we need a full investigation into this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

Again I say these figures from the world bank need to be audited.

Some boardsies on this are whining that the world bank figures are wrong.

When asked for their expertise and qualifications to lecture the rest of us on Nigerian financial data

they have nothing but back of the beermat rubbishy bluster.

So again, we need a full investigation into this.

That's the elephant in the room, the SJW Head in the sand gang don't want this in fear of what may be found

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

This craic of dismissing valid concerns by arrogantly shouting down ppl will not end well

And that’s before we talk about certain posters on this thread making vicious personal attacks on NGs appearance. Classy....real classy...says a lot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

*Head melted*

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭wiggle16

This craic of dismissing valid concerns by arrogantly shouting down ppl will not end well

And that’s before we talk about certain posters on this thread making vicious personal attacks on NGs appearance. Classy....real classy...says a lot

"Vicious" :rolleyes:

Okay - would it make it any better if we say that Noel Grealish is absolutely gorgeous?

Will it make you consider for a moment that the figures he was quoting are absolutely ridiculous if I say I can't get enough of his rugged good looks and that thousand yard stare?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Is this for real?

60% of Nigerians are not working?

Even though it’s full employment ?!

https://www.thejournal.ie/one-in-five-unemployed-2011-non-nationals-534685-Jul2012/

These are 2011 figures, but nigerians consistently have the highest unemployment rate of any group (except travellers) here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

Average IQ in Nigeria is about 84. Even for Ireland that's low. The days of manual labour like cutting bogs are gone now. A life on the dole in small towns awaits.

Once again I never made any claim that asylum seekers remain in the country as no figures exist. Do you have evidence that they they do not remain in the country as you seem to have difficulty with this . You want to believe they do not remain so you are welcome to believe it.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/80-of-failed-asylum-seekers-stay-5l5nk52cs
    No automatic right but 80% of failed asylum seekers do get to stay .

The evidence that they do not remain is their absence. If they did remain they would have their deportation enforced. And the Times piece once again equates enforced deportation figures with deportation orders. Nobody is claiming that enforced deportation figures are anything other than a small percentage of completed deportation orders. That’s the intent of the process. Enforced deportations are costly in time and money. Which is why it’s preferable to continue with a majority of deportations going unenforced.

https://www.thejournal.ie/one-in-five-unemployed-2011-non-nationals-534685-Jul2012/

These are 2011 figures, but nigerians consistently have the highest unemployment rate of any group (except travellers) here
    Nigerians had the highest unemployment rate amongst non nationals at 39 per cent

Not quite 67% then?

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Looks like the ‘concerned citizens’ don’t know their employed from their unemployed.

Don’t let the truth get in the way of hatred though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

Not quite 67% then?

You think their unemployment rate is the same from 8 years ago.

vriesmays wrote: »
    You think their unemployment rate is the same from 8 years ago.

Is there something unique about 8 years ago? I think the 67% unemployment figure is pulled out of the ether, in this year, or any other. The 2017 study of employment rates of African nationals in Ireland had little deviation from those 2011 figures.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 418 ✭✭high_king

vriesmays wrote: »
    Average IQ in Nigeria is about 84. Even for Ireland that's low. The days of manual labour like cutting bogs are gone now. A life on the dole in small towns awaits.

Sounds like a lot higher IQ than the half witted SJW's snowflakes we're plagued with in the urban areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

Grealish said nothing wrong. I have encountered massive Nigerian fraud in the banking industry, most of it under or investigated.

tdf7187 wrote: »
    Grealish said nothing wrong. I have encountered massive Nigerian fraud in the banking industry, most of it under or investigated.

Under or investigated eh? Seems legit.

The evidence that they do not remain is their absence. If they did remain they would have their deportation enforced. And the Times piece once again equates enforced deportation figures with deportation orders. Nobody is claiming that enforced deportation figures are anything other than a small percentage of completed deportation orders. That’s the intent of the process. Enforced deportations are costly in time and money. Which is why it’s preferable to continue with a majority of deportations going unenforced.

You never show links to any of your assertions so its guessing at best .

You never show links to any of your assertions so its guessing at best .

Nope. I’ve informed myself. The figures for enforced deportations vs deportation orders are released annually. It’s all verifiable.

Nope. I’ve informed myself. The figures for enforced deportations vs deportation orders are released annually. It’s all verifiable.

Enforced deportations is a small number whats your point .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 418 ✭✭high_king

tdf7187 wrote: »

Obviously you are a Racist. Nigerians cannot commit fraud and have no culture or history of it.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

so where are the links to show this .

What difference does it make? You’ll just change tac and find another stick to beat the Nigerians with when your latest one is taken off you.

Faugheen wrote: »
    What difference does it make? You’ll just change tac and find another stick to beat the Nigerians with when your latest one is taken off you.

This was about deportations in general maybe you beat yourself with the stick .

• Advertisement

Advertisement