Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noel Grealish

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

I'm sure you'd love the new hate speech laws. I'm curious, do you work for one of the NGO's? You don't have to answer that, but you do come across as someone who objects professionally in exchange for remuneration. No offence intended.

And that cunning Soros strikes again! Check under your beds folks! 😂🤡

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Boggles wrote: »
    So you can't back up your claim?

Fair enough, we will file that under BS so.

Id imagine its based on personal experience boggles.

I've know of 7 afro carribean shops in Dublin City. All of them have money transfer services. They also sell international phone credit and women's wigs. There's nothing inherently wrong with it.

There's no official stats kept on the number of ethnic shops which also happen to be money transfer agents. But from personal experience I'd say it's quite high. That's not BS.

Just constantly asking people to back up their statements makes you look like an idiot. It's not clever. You're like one of those atheist neckbeard types.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭Millicently

alastair wrote: »
    And that cunning Soros strikes again! Check under your beds folks! 😂🤡
    Another overlap, I'm getting the feeling you and your pal are changing shifts again.;) Do you work for an NGO?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,745 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

I've know of 7 afro carribean shops in Dublin City. All of them have money transfer services. They also sell international phone credit and women's wigs. There's nothing inherently wrong with it.

Sure you do, buy all your wigs and phone credit there I imagine.

State of this thread.

Another overlap, I'm getting the feeling you and your pal are changing shifts again.;) Do you work for an NGO?

Your feelings are no substitute for logic.

• Advertisement

alastair wrote: »
    Your feelings are no substitute for logic.
    I'll ask you again, do you work for an NGO?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I'll ask you again, do you work for an NGO?
    Drop the question now. You do not ask anyone such personal questions on this site

Any questions PM me

Beasty wrote: »
    Drop the question now. You do not ask anyone such personal questions on this site

Any questions PM me
    Apologies, I didn't think asking if someone worked for an NGO was such a personal question. Clearly I was mistaken. The poster won't answer the question so I'll just form my own opinion based on that.

Apologies, I didn't think asking if someone worked for an NGO was such a personal question. Clearly I was mistaken. The poster won't answer the question so I'll just form my own opinion based on that.

Fan fiction is a wonderful hobby.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

Issue is paypal doesnt allow you to send cash anonymously where moneygram do , thats why its preffered

MoneyGram and/or Western Union do not allow you to send cash anonymously, especially larges amounts. Don't know where you got that idea from? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

pinkyeye wrote: »
    MoneyGram and/or Western Union do not allow you to send cash anonymously, especially larges amounts. Don't know where you got that idea from? :confused:

the only verification of ID is the person who owns the shop, It is not to the same standards that many other organisations have to meet.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,010 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Why are you arguing about this. All the African shops are also western union or money gram outlets? That's not controversial or racist to observe.

Prove it

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 41,010 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

So what are you expecting? That the lad contacts a university and conducts a study to verify the claim that most ethnic shops also have a money transfer services? Don't think that's realistic bud.

Might be easier for you to point to a few examples where this isn't the case. Just find an afro-carribean store that doesn't also do western union, moneygram etc.

Should be easy enough.

Nah

He made a statement as fact, he should be able to prove it. If he cant then withdraw it.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

ust find an afro-carribean store that doesn't also do western union, moneygram etc.

Should be easy enough.

While im not joining in on the previous posters claim that they all do, I have to admit that I have never seen an african shop that does not offer a facility to send cash to africa. Theres even an african restaurant in dublin 1 that offers moneygram.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,451 ✭✭✭rgossip30

The scam baiter site 419Eater.com recommends moneygram to send the scammers on a goose chase for the money .

Grealish will 100% get re-elected. Seriously it's a foregone conclusion.

Poll shows Noel Grealish may struggle to keep his seat in Galway West

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

He will absolutely keep his seat. Take no notice of that poll.

100% guaranteed to be returned. I reckon he'll be 1st or 2nd.

(Curious: how did you remember I posted that in November 2019 :D)

Precisely why I will remember this post and reply to it when the time comes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭Homelander

Noel Grealish isn't going to lose his seat. Kyne, Connolly or Naughton maybe, but Grealish is a pretty safe bet. People are over-leaping on a random poll (that was wildly inaccurate for 2016 also), nobody in the constituency believes Grealish is in any real danger.

I would not be surprised if he tops the poll.

Precisely why I will remember this post and reply to it when the time comes.

Not a hope in hell Boggles :) You should just concede now.
    You should find a way to bet against him getting a seat if you are that convinced but you'll we wasting your money.

I don't care if we retains his seat or not. I just love politics and making bets on elections. The bookies are getting smarter but there are still some easy wins out there.

• Advertisement

I don't care if we retains his seat or not. I just love politics and making bets on elections. The bookies are getting smarter but there are still some easy wins out there.

You have backed Grealish to win a seat?

What bookie did you use?

What were the odds?

You have backed Grealish to win a seat?

What bookie did you use?

What were the odds?

PaddyPower.

Took him at 1/7 initially and doubled up at 3/10. Sizeable bet but free money. Another dodgy poll might get him back near Evens.

I am using the money won on Casey to come 2nd in the Presidential election.

PaddyPower.

Took him at 1/7 initially and doubled up at 3/10. Sizeable bet but free money. Another dodgy poll might get him back near Evens.

I am using the money won on Casey to come 2nd in the Presidential election.

No such thing as assured "free money" when it comes to betting.

But good luck with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Would still like to know the truth about the amount money going to Nigeria from Ireland; what is the correct amount?
    And the fact that this is difficult to find out, with various estimations, then this alone should warrant an investigation.

Looking back at an Independent report in 2013, we have this:
    NIGERIAN migrants here are now sending nearly half-a-billion euro back home each year. World Bank figures reveal that €468m in 'remittances' was sent from Ireland to Nigeria in 2011.
    That's an average of more than €26,000 for each of the 17,642 Nigerian nationals in Ireland, including children.
    The fact that the Fianna Fail justice spokesperson at the time said the following tells us about the fear to discuss the issue:
    There may be legitimate and valid reason for the extremely large amounts of money being sent from Ireland to Nigeria, compared with the amounts sent by other nationalities.
    Even if the total was incorrect, no way in hell was there any justification for these sums going to Nigeria from Ireland i.e. the politician was already making excuses for the massive transfers even though he did not know the full facts of the matter.

At one time, the Irish government were direct depositing welfare funds (Irish tax payer payments) to banks all over Nigeria for Nigerian residents living in Ireland. How warped was that?

Kivaro wrote: »
    Would still like to know the truth about the amount money going to Nigeria from Ireland; what is the correct amount?
    And the fact that this is difficult to find out, with various estimations, then this alone should warrant an investigation.

Looking back at an Independent report in 2013, we have this:
    The fact that the Fianna Fail justice spokesperson at the time said the following tells us about the fear to discuss the issue:
    Even if the total was incorrect, no way in hell was there any justification for these sums going to Nigeria from Ireland i.e. the politician was already making excuses for the massive transfers even though he did not know the full facts of the matter.

At one time, the Irish government were direct depositing welfare funds (Irish tax payer payments) to banks all over Nigeria for Nigerian residents living in Ireland. How warped was that?

That’s pretty warped. It’s also untrue, so might as well be warped while you’re at it. And exactly what sums are you talking about going to Nigeria? The sums you can’t quantify? The statement on ‘massive’ transfers was off the back of the World Bank figure - which nobody claims to be reliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,386 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I'd be very surprised if Grealish doesn't get in, would be no harm if Connelly was kicked out she is useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭basillarkin

I'd be very surprised if Grealish doesn't get in, would be no harm if Connelly was kicked out she is useless.

in what way is CC useless?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

in what way is CC useless?

Because she uses big words that he doesn't understand and is not known for eating her dinner in the middle of the day

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭enricoh

Not bad snow garden, second behind the Sinn Fein wave! Not bad going, didn't know anything about that constituency so put nowt on, sod it anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

enricoh wrote: »
    Not bad snow garden, second behind the Sinn Fein wave! Not bad going, didn't know anything about that constituency so put nowt on, sod it anyway!
    I heard RTE brow beating him in an interview yesterday demanding a number of times for him to apologise to Nigerians in Ireland.
    His response was measured i.e. he contacted the World Bank for clarification on their figures, and that those figures were not taken down by the World Bank so it looked like they were standing behind the amount of money being sent to Nigeria by Nigerians in Ireland.

Advertisement