Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Judgement day for Maria Bailey.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Crock Rock

Like Alan Farrell FG TD. I believe the impact speed was reported at circa 5mph. He was looking for 15k and tried to claim for pre existing damage to his car. Amazed that he got 2.5k

I never knew that, thanks Plumber.

One more chancer to avoid like the plague.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭sportsfan90

There's currently an ad that pops up on a few podcast episodes that I listened to.

It begins with a woman saying "Sean! Sean!!".

I think it's advertising Sky tv deals for Black Friday of all things.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

RedParrot wrote: »
    God, that radio interview is a sickener.

Should be played out through the letterbox to them when they come canvassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,337 ✭✭✭jmreire

Venom wrote: »
    The sad fact that he won his BS court case and had the common sense to then keep his head down along with keeping his gob shut is the reason why he was able to slither away.

I'd say that the only reason he won that case ( especially after the Judge commented that he did not believe that the collision was severe enough to cause the injury's Farrell complained of, as the only minor damage on his rear bumper was from a different incident. There was no damage done in the accident he was claiming for.) Nonetheless he awarded him €2500 plus COST'S........COST's being the operative word here..So even if Farrell did not get the €15000 he was looking for, his legal team were paid...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

Lol at anyone in here judging me or anyone for being the ‘type that would never vote for FG in the first place.’

You need to take a harder look at the actual people who do vote people like bailey and Grealish and farrell in the first place

If we look close you’re probably exactly the person that would vote for them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

jmreire wrote: »
    I'd say that the only reason he won that case ( especially after the Judge commented that he did not believe that the collision was severe enough to cause the injury's Farrell complained of, as the only minor damage on his rear bumper was from a different incident. There was no damage done in the accident he was claiming for.) Nonetheless he awarded him €2500 plus COST'S........COST's being the operative word here..So even if Farrell did not get the €15000 he was looking for, his legal team were paid...

It cost Hertz €10,000 in this case to defend themselves against this gouger.
    The judge said: "There is little or no notation to back up a claim of significant whiplash." During proceedings, a photograph was shown of Mr Farrell at the top of a ladder with his hands on an election poster, taken four months after the accident. Mr Farrell said the photo was staged.

It is understood that Hertz will have to pay legal costs, estimated at €10,000

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

More of this accountability in Irish politics please. That egotistical runt Alan Farrell should be next on the block for deselection.

Honestly we would have a far better country if politicians were held accountable.

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    More of this accountability in Irish politics please. That egotistical runt Alan Farrell should be next on the block for deselection.

Honestly we would have a far better country if politicians were held accountable.

Ryan tubridy gets paid more than Leo Varadkar. Leo Varadkar gets paid more than the US president.

It’s astonishing the scale of the scam/nest the cosy golden circle in this country have Created for themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Ryan tubridy gets paid more than Leo Varadkar. Leo Varadkar gets paid more than the US president.

It’s astonishing the scale of the scam/nest the cosy golden circle in this country have Created for themselves.

Agree it took far too long for John Delaney to be ousted from the FAI. 400k a year over double what the Spanish FA chief gets and more than English FA.

We are a soft touch as a nation , very soft.

I look at the tipping point in Chile right now. A hike in train fares. I remember the same happened here and they trimmed down the number of carriages on commuter trains at the same time and not even a whimper from the public. The only real business case was to appease the unions. Irish people take far too much ****. I really do wish we had that fire every so often.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Is Maria Bailey still the party whip? IIRC Leo didn't take that from her, but I'm a little lost with what happened with how stretched out it was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Maria may be going the legal route with the leadership of the party ref her "deletion" of the ticket apparently.

I wonder if she'll be using Madigans solicitors to represent her?

Brilliant.

‘Be careful Leo. Last time Bailey lost her seat she tried to sue the place’

• Registered Users Posts: 8,337 ✭✭✭jmreire

Agree it took far too long for John Delaney to be ousted from the FAI. 400k a year over double what the Spanish FA chief gets and more than English FA.

We are a soft touch as a nation , very soft.

I look at the tipping point in Chile right now. A hike in train fares. I remember the same happened here and they trimmed down the number of carriages on commuter trains at the same time and not even a whimper from the public. The only real business case was to appease the unions. Irish people take far too much ****. I really do wish we had that fire every so often.

The Irish Water debacle was the tipping point back then..and it will take something similar to gather enough momentum to generate that kind of reaction again ...Say for example, if everyone's insurance fell due in the same month, that would generate a critical mass....and People would be galvanized into mass protests again, but as it is, everyone suffer's in individual mode. Unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Maria may be going the legal route with the leadership of the party ref her "deletion" of the ticket apparently.

I wonder if she'll be using Madigans solicitors to represent her?

Japers.
    Leo and pals said she was exonerated. She got her wrist slapped. Done...
    Then they deselected her.
    She'll have a better case than the prior one ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 418 ✭✭high_king

Fine Gael and Fianna Fail love people like you.
    If you're not voting for them they don't want you voting at all.

lol, think I'm going to vote for your political scumbag candidate instead of FF/FG scum ? you must be joking.

All tramps the lot of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Over 500 posts but I'm still unclear on the offside rule in Gaelic games :pac:

Can Deputy Bailey maybe go to Congress and explain

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

Never banged a prostitute in my life, pal. Don’t have to pay for it - the ladies love me.

Getting a bit of heat in this thread so I’ll leave ye too it. Some dude called me stupid as well - doubt it, man. Have a PhD from the old Trinity and a couple of million quid to my name. Smart fella is Johnny.

That has to be the funniest thing I've ever head on here, god love ya. :D:D:D:D:D

If you had couple of million quid to your name and women falling at your feet I don't think you'd have time to be posting this ****ty attempt at trolling. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Never banged a prostitute in my life, pal. Don’t have to pay for it - the ladies love me.

Getting a bit of heat in this thread so I’ll leave ye too it. Some dude called me stupid as well - doubt it, man. Have a PhD from the old Trinity and a couple of million quid to my name. Smart fella is Johnny.

Ha ha.

I had a few million once.
    I was also just after scoring the winner for Ireland in a World Cup Final.

Then I was called and had to get up for work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭Bobtheman

In fairness I voted FG in 2011 with great hope and Endas new politics and contract for Ireland bull****. I can think of at least 10 reasons not to vote for them. Their abject failure to tackle the legal profession and Insurance industry cartels are definitely on the list.

I'm in the same boat. I feel naive now looking back.

pinkyeye wrote: »
    That has to be the funniest thing I've ever head on here, god love ya. :D:D:D:D:D

If you had couple of million quid to your name and women falling at your feet I don't think you'd have time to be posting this ****ty attempt at trolling. :cool:

Didn't he say he's in Chile?

1 Chilean peso is worth approx €0.0012

Or, if it's easier to get your head around, €1 will get you 850 Chilean pesos. I could be a millionaire in Chile many, many times over and then some. :D

The sure sign of someone not being a jet setting multi millionaire is when you see them spending hours on an Irish messaging board telling people they're a jet setting millionaire.

While at the same time, tell others that they're spending hours on the very same messaging board taking things too seriously.

That's the great thing about the internet, you can be anything or anyone you wanna be. I myself am a one legged albino dwarf with my own private island.

Work it out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

sligojoek wrote: »
    Just watching the Tonight Show. Michelle Mullhearne is not a happy camper.

Saw that. She was also on the Friday gathering today making similar noises.

Her and MB make a right pair. If that’s the kind of ,people, standing for elections, God help us.

It was to Kenya and the phone costs were 3295 Euros but she paid it back when caught.

Yes, AFTER she was caught. How a person with her past is a senator is beyond me.

Josepha, if you’re reading this, you haven’t been forgotten you know.

Nor you Alan.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Yes, AFTER she was caught. How a person with her past is a senator is beyond me.

Her personality is perfect for success in politics.

I am surprised she is doing any media right now.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/fine-gael-tds-maria-bailey-and-alan-farrell-had-to-refund-oireachtas-expenses-1.4046756

The random expense audit news is only 1 month old.

The top 3 politicians with invalid expenses in the random audit were;
    1. Alan Farrell (FG TD) - €4,214.79;
    2. Michelle Mulherin (FG Senator) - €2,006.73
    3. Maria Bailey (FG TD) - €1,977.11

Nice.

And Kenya Mulherin has the gall to claim her expenses are legitimate. Where there’s smoke, there’s fire.

And what a match up, Mm, MB, & AF.

pinkyeye wrote: »

And also have time to fly to Shenzhen which btw needs a at least 2 flights now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Will MB resign from fg now and leave Leo with a reduced margin in the dail.?

Will MB resign from fg now and leave Leo with a reduced margin in the dail.?

Would she be able to get more cash/claim more free stuff if she resigned from the party?

That would be a great indicator in any guess imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,121 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I can understand guests saying it or being of that opinion but has anyone else noticed that almost every presenter on RTE has introduced this topic by first saying how 'sorry they are for Maria Bailey'?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

I can understand guests saying it or being of that opinion but has anyone else noticed that almost every presenter on RTE has introduced this topic by first saying how 'sorry they are for Maria Bailey'?

It's cat, they should be starting with "this is how your tax and insurance premiums are being used people"

Advertisement