Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Judgement day for Maria Bailey.

Options

Comments

tigger123 wrote: »
    She's going to be Terminated perhaps?

Ooohhh

Maria Bailey in her best Arnie voice : “I’ll be back”

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MonsterCookie

According to Maria they are DELETING her not deselecting.

Noticed that too and at first thought it was a mistype, but her statement says she’s been deleted, not deselected. Curious choice of words!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Any chance of her getting her late father's seat?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,397 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Tia Maria and Baileys

Humanity has been crossed, right off the ballot paper

But, who's to blame?
    Anonymous players and their mischievous games?

The swing; it was a slippery chap
    or friend Leo, whom she thought was good for a back slap
    "The media Sean, the public Sean", constituent friends?
    The circle of blame, it never ends

But in the middle of this circle a magpie that sings
    the bauld Maria, allergic to swings

• Registered Users Posts: 6,245 ✭✭✭emo72

Between bankers telling us to "turn the page and move on", over the tracker mortgage scandal. And this wans sense of entitlement, and then fleecing rents and not enough homes being built. AND THEN if your unfortunate enough to get sick and need to go to hospital! I mean... Really.... Why isn't this place burning down?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

sligojoek wrote: »
    Any chance of her getting her late father's seat?

If not Jennifer Carroll-MacNeill will probably need a parliamentary assistant :rolleyes:.
    There is somebody else who will be very happy with the timing of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

FG getting absolutely slaughtered on Newstalk atm, one of the commentators hit the nail bang on the head when he said it took the DL local branch to step in and remove Maria, and in doing so, they had more decency than the taoiseach.

Nailed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

pawdee wrote: »
    I think it's time to lay off Maria Bailey now at this stage. Ok, what she did was despicable and I have very little sympathy for her but at the same time hounding somebody like that isn't nice.

She only has herself to blame but I don't like the mob mentality. She must be feeling pretty low and now she's being mocked because her press statement is typed in comic sans (tragic really). She must be thinking she can't do anything right. Seemingly she can't.

Anyway, it's all academic now. I'm all for accurate reporting but I think some people are going overboard on this one. I see her replacement is a lady called Jennifer Carroll-MacNeill, a barista who's married to Willie John McBride.

She made her choices as she was going along and now she has to take the consequences of those choices. That’s adult life in the real world.
    Back when the whole story broke she could have accepted that she’d acted dishonestly in her claim and that her actions fell very short of what can be realistically expected of an elected public representative.
    But right up till last night she decided to brazen the whole thing out, insisting all the while that she did no wrong and that she is a victim in all this.
    If she’d resigned when she should have then the story would have evaporated in a few days and she’d have her privacy and her dignity.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,245 ✭✭✭emo72

And Mullherrin last night on the telly, she has an expression of even she doesn't believe what she is saying, it's like "jaysus no one will believe this ****e outta me mouth". She looks so guilty and and embarrassed when speaking. She looks like she's going to have a breakdown. What FG spinmeister thinks she looks good on telly?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭UsBus

FG getting absolutely slaughtered on Newstalk atm, one of the commentators hit the nail bang on the head when he said it took the DL local branch to step in and remove Maria, and in doing so, they had more decency than the taoiseach.

Nailed it.

And rightly so. It could not have been clearer the level of public anger at what she tried to do. Leo showed absolutely no backbone again in dealing with this. He is not a leader at all, just a PC mouthpiece who will fall in for a cushy number in Europe soon enough. We'll be feeling the effects of total inactivity from this government in the next few years..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

emo72 wrote: »
    And Mullherrin last night on the telly, she has an expression of even she doesn't believe what she is saying, it's like "jaysus no one will believe this ****e outta me mouth". She looks so guilty and and embarrassed when speaking. She looks like she's going to have a breakdown. What FG spinmeister thinks she looks good on telly?

She's an embarrassment to Mayo. A perfect example as to why The Senead should have been abolished.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

It’s almost like a mercy killing. Imagine the physiological damage that campaigning would do to her. Knocking on every door and having people laughing in your face for days on end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

She's an embarrassment to Mayo. A perfect example as to why The Senead should have been abolished.

Absolute gobsh!te. She's all over the media at the moment. Lining up for a comeback me thinks.
    In her dreams!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

Nailed it.

I wonder will they do anything about Farrell now? after all what he did was essentially worse than the swing queen. Roaring at two women after the most minor of tips, having his personal injury claim ridiculed by the judge and then having to drop his claim for damage to his car after photographs he produced to back up his claim were shown to be from a completely different incident that happened after the tip he was claiming for.

I wonder what he would do for a brown envelope of cash?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

dont get me worng i think she should be kicked to civvy street asap , although i suspect she'll have no problems getting on some board or other that renumerates her in the manner she has become accustomed to. just the way the system works. (takes off cynic hat) :)
    In politics I think she's finished, elsewhere having her CV will certainly open doors to boards. Anyone can be on a board BTW, I'm on three and get no money!

RustyNut wrote: »
    I wonder will they do anything about Farrell now? after all what he did was essentially worse than the swing queen. Roaring at two women after the most minor of tips, having his personal injury claim ridiculed by the judge and then having to drop his claim for damage to his car after photographs he produced to back up his claim were shown to be from a completely different incident that happened after the tip he was claiming for.

Farrell, unlike Bailey has no connections (afaik) and should be very easy to get rid of, but his claim was a long time ago and was settled.
    That probably means they couldn't take action now. But I would imagine he is on very thin ice. He has had his dodgy expenses mentioned too.
    I wouldn't say it will be long before his greed will get him in trouble again, but I am not entirely convinced he will get voted in the next time anyway.
    James Reilly has some neck on him too. He is running in their By-election, and he's the reason Farrell got in, in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

RustyNut wrote: »

And still Bailey and Farrell are members of the FG parliamentary party.

If a dodgy developer was looking to buy some votes I don't think he would have to look too hard.

Fine Gael, making Fianna Fáil great again.

ABFG

I'd Be confident you Never voted FG anyway....

I fcuking hate condescending arrogant comments like this, why would you be confident that he never voted for a particular political party?

Posting style?

Grammar?

Maybe he typed with a working class accent?

Any chance you could elaborate on what exactly would motivate someone to cast doubt on a random pseudonyms voting preference?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

I am surprised she is doing any media right now.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/fine-gael-tds-maria-bailey-and-alan-farrell-had-to-refund-oireachtas-expenses-1.4046756

The random expense audit news is only 1 month old.
    TDs and senators had to refund almost €10,000 in expenses this year after an audit found they could not provide supporting evidence to justify claiming such allowances.

Two Fine Gael TDs - Alan Farrell and Maria Bailey - and Fine Gael senator, Michelle Mulherin accounted for the bulk of the ineligible claims.

The top 3 politicians with invalid expenses in the random audit were;
    1. Alan Farrell (FG TD) - €4,214.79;
    2. Michelle Mulherin (FG Senator) - €2,006.73
    3. Maria Bailey (FG TD) - €1,977.11

Nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Yeah it was an awful showing from her on The Tonight Show. While talking about Bailey she couldn't make eye contact with anyone, the constant eye blinking, the weird way her head was angled towards the table and overall just how ill at ease she looked in the chair, just screamed that she was taking through her ass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Suckit wrote: »
    Farrell, unlike Bailey has no connections (afaik) and should be very easy to get rid of, but his claim was a long time ago and was settled.
    That probably means they couldn't take action now. But I would imagine he is on very thin ice. He has had his dodgy expenses mentioned too.
    I wouldn't say it will be long before his greed will get him in trouble again, but I am not entirely convinced he will get voted in the next time anyway.
    James Reilly has some neck on him too. He is running in their By-election, and he's the reason Farrell got in, in the first place.

The sad fact that he won his BS court case and had the common sense to then keep his head down along with keeping his gob shut is the reason why he was able to slither away.

Venom wrote: »
    The sad fact that he won his BS court case and had the common sense to then keep his head down along with keeping his gob shut is the reason why he was able to slither away.

I would be sleeping with one eye open if I were Alan because it looks like he's now in the media crosshair once again.

https://www.thesun.ie/news/4775076/leo-varadkar-defence-alan-farrell-maria-bailey-election-chop/

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Suckit wrote: »
    He's been through the court systems already and had the claim dealt with so technically the investigation has been completed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Delighted to hear they are going after Farrell now. Fair is fair and his completely bona fides insurance claim and cash award were arguably worse.
    I would love to hear Sean interview him about the case.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

I fcuking hate condescending arrogant comments like this, why would you be confident that he never voted for a particular political party?

Posting style?

Grammar?

Any chance you could elaborate on what exactly would motivate someone to cast doubt on a random pseudonyms voting preference?

You know what? Your right!

I withdraw that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

high_king wrote: »
    You mean what changes if you vote for any of the scum ?

Until a "vote for none of the above" comes in, don't expect people who respect truth, facts, reality and honesty to vote for any of them.
    Some of us have more self respect and dignity for ourselves and our vote.

Fine Gael and Fianna Fail love people like you.
    If you're not voting for them they don't want you voting at all.

Poor Maria's humanity is taking a batin'.

I believe they cut out 'Maria bailey, 43 and 3/4 years of age'.

The ship has sailed, horse bolted etc. as regards saving face or being seen to do the right thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Posting style?

Grammar?

That's why FF will always be top dog. FG can't hide their arrogance and self entitlement. We should really be thanking Bailey for this episode bringing it to the fore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Crock Rock

I have no sympathy for her whatsoever and I don't believe her fake "remorse".

If this had have been some poor divil tip into the back of her car she would have taken him or her to the cleaners and no one would hear of it and the media never would have gotten involved.

She is the epitome of vermin.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Crock Rock wrote: »

If this had have been some poor divil tip into the back of her car she would have taken him or her to the cleaners and no one would hear of it and the media never would have gotten involved.

Like Alan Farrell FG TD. I believe the impact speed was reported at circa 5mph. He was looking for 15k and tried to claim for pre existing damage to his car. Amazed that he got 2.5k

Advertisement