Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Judgement day for Maria Bailey.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

high_king wrote: »
    All the people you are moaning about, short memory haven't you ?

Weird admission.
    I’ll keep reporting the accounts so.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 418 ✭✭high_king

Weird admission.
    I’ll keep reporting the accounts so.

More false accusations, you've been caught out.

You aren’t one of them Fine Gael people are you?
    You should tell us by all rights

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

The DLRD branch made their decision and the executive accepted it. That's democracy. Happy to see the back of MB to be honest.

FG can draw a line under this. They'll likely get a nice boost in the polls for demonstrating that they can deal with things like this internally.

The largest party in the country continues to sell well with the people.

The message of the shinners and whingers is not resonating with Joe Public.

Boost? You really are away with the fairies paddy. See below:

https://www.thejournal.ie/fine-gael-poll-5-4894603-Nov2019/

And, this poll was conducted BEFORE swing gate's apparent conclusion!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

RedParrot wrote: »
    This whole entire Maria Bailey falling off a swing erected for photography reasons really is a pack of balls. From the radio interview she admitted to having drinks before going out with her friends, then they bought more drinks in the hotel and she was holding a drink maybe even two on the swing. There's just no personal responsibility whatsoever from her. She claimed she was injured yet she attended a music festival a week later and went on a run or a marathon 3 weeks after the fall. Honestly a blind man can see she's pulling the wool over our eyes.

TV and radio presenters can't really call her out on it though or they will be opening themselves up for libel.

It was 10k, not a marathon. Your point still applies though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Boost? You really are away with the fairies paddy. See below:

https://www.thejournal.ie/fine-gael-poll-5-4894603-Nov2019/

And, this poll was conducted BEFORE swing gate's apparent conclusion!

Still the most popular and well liked party in the country. How do you like them apples? Doesn't quite jive with the message being spouted here?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

Still the most popular and well liked party in the country. How do you like them apples? Doesn't quite jive with the message being spouted here?

You're very, very funny Paddy.

Thanks for making me chuckle. Seriously, I needed a bit of a lift.

I was listening to that clown Keogh on the 1 o'clock news yesterday and there was a massive bang of pure panic off him. Decided he'd just try to shout everyone down as a tactic.

Classy.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Bobtheman wrote: »
    Bottom line is we need reform of insurance industry. Voting FG or Maria Bailey or FF won't sort that. But let's focus on one TD and one case, ad nauseum. Pathetic
    Nor will voting for anyone else no matter how much they claim it will. There is a process underway to address the quantums, too slowly perhaps, but it should run its course.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

pablo128 wrote: »
    Bailey is greedy, and had a friend with no moral compass send in paperwork to instigate a compensation claim with no merit.

Not only that hat, when the story broke, she doubled down instead of holding her hands up. Let's not mention the radio interview.

Do you realise these people are tasked with running our country, while we are at work and paying our taxes and contributing. These politicians are supposed to take that tax money and make the best use of it for the people of Ireland. Instead what we have is a situation where some of them are just in it to line their own pockets and don't give 2 fcuks how they do it.

And just to add , can u imagine how stupid this story was the first day she went to a solicitor!

Had either one of them a brain to call a hault to it there and then ?

What was her husband thinking ?

Stupid is as stupid does !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

It's lemons you are eating lately Paddy. I believe FG lost 25 seats in 2016. Let's see how 2020 goes. Ease up on the lemons ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Being reported that she is mounting a legal challenge to the decision. This one is some piece of work. Odious.

Good riddance, surely that's the nail in the coffin of any comeback. Well you would like to think so but then the Irish electorate are a funny sort.

AGAIN, I'll quote YOUR post yesterday pat:

The DLRD branch made their decision and the executive accepted it. That's democracy. Happy to see the back of MB to be honest.

FG can draw a line under this. They'll likely get a nice boost in the polls for demonstrating that they can deal with things like this internally.

The largest party in the country continues to sell well with the people.

The message of the shinners and whingers is not resonating with Joe Public

They are down and just ahead of ff......and combined ( ffg ) they are on 52% only 4% ahead of the rest.

And please stop insinuating that anyone who is not a ffg is a shinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,772 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Being reported that she is mounting a legal challenge to the decision. This one is some piece of work. Odious.

Good riddance, surely that's the nail in the coffin of any comeback. Well you would like to think so but then the Irish electorate are a funny sort.

Lovely. All the sh1t should come out now.

The lead in the SBP today. FG are going to throw a truck load of money to stop her if she runs independent.

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Lovely. All the sh1t should come out now.

Agreed, NOW, let's see what JM is scared of or just how well/ill advised she was towards MB

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I wonder if she does decide to take legal action against FG, will Leo and all the FG backers still think she is not doing anything wrong by taking legal action for losing her seat?

The lead in the SBP today. FG are going to throw a truck load of money to stop her if she runs independent.
    They won't need to. She'll sink herself. It would be a Pyrrhic victory if she did go to court and won as she would not get any local party support in an election. She'd also probably end up being expelled for not obeying the rules. Are there any suggestions as to what grounds? Personally, think it would be a
    very dumb move as the party are entitled to change their minds and can't say she'd be much loss to politics at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

And just to add , can u imagine how stupid this story was the first day she went to a solicitor!

Had either one of them a brain to call a hault to it there and then ?

What was her husband thinking ?

Stupid is as stupid does !

Imagine if the solicitor was actually with her when it happened, and still told her to go and get a handy few bob?

There's been much speculation about whom these mystery friends are who accompanied Maria on the night of swing-gate.

Just reading about that earlier, the whole thing is rather puzzling, like seriously puzzling, it seems like a wet Monday ago we were witnessing the whole FG party rallying behind the results of this mysterious report we weren't allowed to see, but were being reassured that it cleared Bailey of any wrong doing.

Josepha Madigan even stated she was extremely pleased about what the report said about her, while at the same time, knowing she could say whatever the flute she wanted to say the report said about her, because her subjects would never see it.

Next thing we know - Maria is out in the cold, deselected from running for the FG party, and they're about to put up a truck load of cash to try and ensure she's "never seen again".
    “The party would go to war over this and put a load of money behind Mary Mitchell O’Connor or Jennifer Carroll MacNeill or Barry Ward just to make sure they hold the seat and ensure she’s never seen again,” one well-placed source said.

It's shaping up to get very leaky and very dirty.
    “The Baileys certainly would have a reputation for standing up for themselves and defending their interests, so I’d be surprised if she just went away.”
    is_that_so wrote: »
    They won't need to. She'll sink herself. It would be a Pyrrhic victory if she did go to court and won as she would not get any local party support in an election. She'd also probably end up being expelled for not obeying the rules. Are there any suggestions as to what grounds? Personally, think it would be a
    very dumb move as the party are entitled to change their minds and can't say she'd be much loss to politics at this stage.

The SBP are stating that the party are extremely worried that she will split the FG party vote in that constituency, apparently around that neck of the woods it's knows as "The Bailey Vote", and not necessarily the FG vote.
    “If Maria decides to run as an independent, she is going to take her Fine Gael support with her and what would be known locally as the Bailey vote, which goes beyond the traditional Fine Gael vote.

My guess is that Madigan will be extremely lucky to not get sucked into the midst of whatever is going on here, called it earlier, Bailey's not the type to go quietly, this is gonna get spiteful, and I'm going to enjoy watching it unfold.

That's how I like them apples. :)

Imagine if the solicitor was actually with her when it happened, and still told her to go and get a handy few bob?

There's been much speculation about whom these mystery friends are who accompanied Maria on the night of swing-gate.

Just reading about that earlier, the whole thing is rather puzzling, like seriously puzzling, it seems like a wet Monday ago we were witnessing the whole FG party rallying behind the results of this mysterious report we weren't allowed to see, but were being reassured that it cleared Bailey of any wrong doing.

Josepha Madigan even stated she was extremely pleased about what the report said about her, while at the same time, knowing she could say whatever the flute she wanted to say the report said about her, because her subjects would never see it.

Next thing we know - Maria is out in the cold, deselected from running for the FG party, and they're about to put up a truck load of cash to try and ensure she's "never seen again".

It's shaping up to get very leaky and very dirty.

The SBP are stating that the party are extremely worried that she will split the FG party vote in that constituency, apparently around that neck of the woods it's knows as "The Bailey Vote", and not necessarily the FG vote.

My guess is that Madigan will be extremely lucky to not get sucked into the midst of whatever is going on here, called it earlier, Bailey's not the type to go quietly, this is gonna get spiteful, and I'm going to enjoy watching it unfold.

That's how I like them apples. :)
    So basically rumours upon rumours from local party people. The anxiety has been magnified because of the Barrett retirement and a potential 2 seat loss. Not sure about that personal vote thing and candidates imagine this all the time. I don't think she's been around long enough to build one. Lucinda thought she had a Lucinda vote but it turned out to be a FG one.

So basically rumours upon rumours from local party people. The anxiety has been magnified because of the Barrett retirement and a potential 2 seat loss. Not sure about that personal vote thing and candidates imagine this all the time. I don't think she's been around long enough to build one. Lucinda thought she had a Lucinda vote but it turned out to be a FG one.

True that, but just as plausible as a report no one is allowed to see after all.

About the Bailey Vote, can't comment, I'm not in that area and never heard of Maria Bailey until she made headline news (including across the water) because of her unfortunate tussles with a Dublin hotel and a swing.

You're correct about Lucinda, but I would also point you towards a certain Mr Lowry. The Bailey Family and the Lowry families would be better comparisons, because unlike Creighton, they both appear to be dodgy as hell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Glad I'm not paying 'party dues' to finance that.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

You do know that political parties get taxpayer funding too?

Unfortunately, yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭KevRossi

The ‘well placed source ‘ is Kate O’Connell and her sidekicks. Kate’s first interest in life is Kate and everything else comes trundling a long way behind her. She has family connections to the Indo group and that’s what got her elected last time out.

There is a ‘Bailey vote’ in DL. Remember, she got 43% of the vote at the constituency meeting. If she runs as FG after a court case she would have plenty of canvassers out for her, she can afford the flyers and posters after that.

Not sure she would get in as an independent but people around there can be very fickle about who and how they vote for.

Interesting times ahead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

KevRossi wrote: »
    The ‘well placed source ‘ is Kate O’Connell and her sidekicks. Kate’s first interest in life is Kate and everything else comes trundling a long way behind her. She has family connections to the Indo group and that’s what got her elected last time out.

There is a ‘Bailey vote’ in DL. Remember, she got 43% of the vote at the constituency meeting. If she runs as FG after a court case she would have plenty of canvassers out for her, she can afford the flyers and posters after that.

Not sure she would get in as an independent but people around there can be very fickle about who and how they vote for.

Interesting times ahead.

I think it's quite evident. What would be her motivations given that she is running in a different constituency? I know both are very close to leader in waiting Simon Coveney. Purely speculation but perhaps she viewed Bailey as competition when it comes to getting a big portfolio under a Coveney Govt.

Regardless, she did the right thing here if she did leak the story.

KevRossi wrote: »

Interesting times ahead.
    Since 2007 there has been about a quota and a half for FG in DL. That's two seats at any given time. They will definitely drop 1 with Barrett stepping down. Mitchell O'Connor should be returned and that leaves just leaves one seat for another FG or FG gene pool to compete for. Whatever her party supporters may do they can't force voters to opt for an ex-FG candidate or one that has elbowed her way back onto the ticket. Not when there is another "untainted" candidate with a famous husband to choose instead!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Since 2007 there has been about a quota and a half for FG in DL. That's two seats at any given time. They will definitely drop 1 with Barrett stepping down. Mitchell O'Connor should be returned and that leaves just leaves one seat for another FG or FG gene pool to compete for. Whatever her party supporters may do they can't force voters to opt for an ex-FG candidate or one that has elbowed her way back onto the ticket. Not when there is another "untainted" candidate with a famous husband to choose instead!

It would be funny if Naja Regan ran (if she is still involved) and beat Mitchell O'Connor..

Mitchell-O'Connor and John Bailey along with Tom O'Higgins prevented her from running in the 2009 local elections.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,496 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Not reading it but guessing they omitted to mention the attempted fraud.
    Wagon circling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

Not reading it but guessing they omitted to mention the attempted fraud.
    Wagon circling.

The crux of the article is that Bailey is a victim and we the general public have been bullying her for the last 6 months and should be ashamed of ourselves.

I've tweeted Niamh Horan to let her know what I think of her 'journalism' and her article.

https://twitter.com/NiamhHoran

I suggest anyone who is as offended by this delusional nonsense do the same.

Advertisement