Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Judgement day for Maria Bailey.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,596 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

She was not far from self entitled Ivor Callely level when she claimed (two stars) **

Then she was nearly at Ivor level when she did the interview (three stars) ***

Now (congratulations) she's fully at Ivor level *****

FIVE STAR IVOR LEVEL *****

Dodgy used car saleperson?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,437 ✭✭✭KevRossi

That font definitely eye catching; can/would she dare run as an independent or join a different party for the next election, if I was in that area I wouldn't vote for her based solely on this fiasco, fine Gael can't be faulted for wanting to distance themselves really.

She won’t run as an Independent, she has too much to lose with her friends and neighbors in the area. She’ll work behind the scenes and might get nominated back to her old council seat if someone leaves early.

She won’t be nominated for a Seanad seat either, she doesn’t have much dirt on existing people in the party. Her father had contacts and connections and knew where the skeletons were.

But Maria was just a poor little rich Daddy’s girl who threw away a golden throne.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭GreenandRed

"That’s not a level playing pitch. And as somebody who grew up on the side-line of a GAA pitch, I play fair. I don’t play offside," she said.

That's a strange GAA pitch she grew up on the sideline of that had an offside rule.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Doesn't inspire confidence in Leo to let it dwindle along this long .She should have been deselected long before this

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Are Fine Gael now suggesting that it wasn't a bona fides insurance claim like Maria, Leo and Simon said?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,596 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Bullocks wrote: »
    Doesn't inspire confidence in Leo to let it dwindle along this long .She should have been deselected long before this

She was bunched from the interview. We all know it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,359 ✭✭✭jmreire

Bobtheman wrote: »
    If this is the reason you abandon FG- please never vote again. So no issue with chronically high homelessness? No issue with the insurance industry in general spinning utter bull**** about amount of fraudulent claims? No issue with the running of the HSE. Voters like you can fxxx off

I'd say that there is very few who are not aware of what is wrong in the Country as you have listed above. but MB really was the straw that broke the camel's back...she was a lightening rod for everything that is wrong politically in the Country in general and FFG in particular. The Nr of (ex) FG voters who are now publicly saying that they will never vote for them again is on the increase. So don't be too hard on anyone who is now jumping the FG ship.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Hopefully Bailey will now throw Madigan under the bus

• Registered Users Posts: 15,919 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Vlad doesn't care. I don't think he wants to be TEESHOCK for much longer either. I think he said this actually a few years ago about not wanting to be in politics forever. The Swingate issue is just a headache for him. There are more fish to fry.

Anyway, it is all such a game in politics isn't it?

I wouldn't trust any of them as far as I could throw them. But i still vote, God knows why lol. And god help me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,437 ✭✭✭KevRossi

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    Hopefully Bailey will now throw Madigan under the bus

She won’t. She still has a life to lead after politics. She would be ostracized in her social circles if she did that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

What social circles?

Her so called friends abandoned her once she became politically toxic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Bobtheman wrote: »
    If this is the reason you abandon FG- please never vote again. So no issue with chronically high homelessness? No issue with the insurance industry in general spinning utter bull**** about amount of fraudulent claims? No issue with the running of the HSE. Voters like you can fxxx off

In fairness I voted FG in 2011 with great hope and Endas new politics and contract for Ireland bull****. I can think of at least 10 reasons not to vote for them. Their abject failure to tackle the legal profession and Insurance industry cartels are definitely on the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Just watching the Tonight Show. Michelle Mullhearne is not a happy camper.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

Oh wow
    She continued to dig a hole for herself at the meeting.

https://twitter.com/oconnellhugh/status/1195102293986820097?s=21

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 418 ✭✭high_king

That's quite standard in a press statement, however the use of Comic Sans is definitely not!

What do you expect from an Irish politician ? People's expectations of Irish politicians always amaze me . . it's like they never seen or heard one operating before.

Absolutely no sympathy for her and far too little far too late for FG to be trying to save face in an oncoming election

She should have been immediately dismissed when this emerged.

Instead they tried to bury it and wait it out.

Then forced do a sham investigation. And buried that. And Then cleared her.

They made a complete balls of this and people won’t forget.

I’ll never vote FG ever again.

Good grief, do people really think this is something new with FG or any Irish political party ? Compared to most of them, this small beans.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

And to think Leo had to be taken kicking and screaming to reach this ultimatum.

A total fraud and charlatan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

At least Sean Gallagher's brown envelope car crash happened in one night. :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

She deserves every bit of it . The genuine business in this country are closing over dubious claims against there insurance .

Premiums for some are mortgage figures now ! And the likes of what has been said her numerous times , lead by example!
    Some advice this lady got from her husband to so called friends and solicitors !

• Registered Users Posts: 10,718 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Doesn't inspire confidence in An Taoiseach to let it dwindle along this long .She should have been deselected long before this

FYP.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

padd b1975 wrote: »
    FYP.

I’d say he thought she was a bit of eye candy!
    I think she’s hot anyway

high_king wrote: »
    Good grief, do people really think this is something new with FG or any Irish political party ? Compared to most of them, this small beans.

That sound was the point breaking the speed barrier going over your head.

This was a coalescing moment. That went on and on and on at the same time insurance companies are ravaging businesses

It wasn’t just this One Thing.

It was the final nail in the coffin of ordinary voter like me, I think Leo and simon couldn’t have worked through brexit better.

But while doing that dropped th ball at home on a myriad of issues. Every single other thing is a fvckup

It’s time for them to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Fann Linn wrote: »
    And to think Leo had to be taken kicking and screaming to reach this ultimatum.

A total fraud and charlatan.

Leo "wants to be everybodies friend" tried his best for her but could not go against the constituency vote for obvious reasons.

And she still kicked him in the statement. The entitlement factor is strong in this one.

Appalling leadership and ethics all round. These are not people you want running the country. He should just have nipped it in the bud straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

her statement speaks of anonymous sources, wonder if she has any idea who these are...

That sound was the point breaking the speed barrier going over your head.

This was a coalescing moment. That went on and on and on at the same time insurance companies are ravaging businesses

It wasn’t just this One Thing.

It was the final nail in the coffin of ordinary voter like me, I think Leo and simon couldn’t have worked through brexit better.

But while doing that dropped th ball at home on a myriad of issues. Every single other thing is a fvckup

It’s time for them to go.

Actually it's going over your head, you got exactly what you voted for.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭CageWager

Now the tone will change to the gender victim card. The reality is that MB was a lightning rod for the electorate’s anger at politicians always slithering their way out of misdeeds with no accountability.

Her colleagues regularly called for her to be “allowed to move on”. NO. SORRY. You can’t just f’ing move on from making a fraudulent insurance claim just because you can’t pass up an opportunity to stick your snout in the taxpayer funded trough.

This is a win for SME’s and ordinary voters all over the country. When a public representative stinks, don’t just let them and their mates pull up the rug and sweep their dirt under the carpet. Future generations will thank us.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,718 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

I’d say he thought she was a bit of eye candy!
    I think she’s hot anyway

I don't think she's his type.

• Advertisement

high_king wrote: »
    Actually it's going over your head, you got exactly what you voted for.

I didn’t vote for them. Try harder.

Advertisement