Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi A6

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

MICKEYG wrote: »
    My bad, sorry, thought you were talking about a new A6

The new one has serious tech, beautiful displays in it. And defo android auto

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭bigdaddymac

Seen Audi drogheda have a6 S-Line 2013 54000 miles for 18k knocked down from 21k

Reckon if went to buy could I get another 1k off it?

Budget is only 16 max 17

Seen Audi drogheda have a6 S-Line 2013 54000 miles for 18k knocked down from 21k

Budget is only 16 max 17

I bought a 2014 S Line with 36000 miles this time last year for 20k on the button so asking 21k at all for a 2013 now is nuts. At 18k I still don't think it's cheap. Mine has about 45000 miles on it now and I doubt it's worth 18k. And it's a year younger. Id take the plunge somewhere in the 16s probably if you can get them down

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭rodge123

copacetic wrote: »
    I had an f800pro front and rear Dashcam fitted by Dashcam.ie for less than that and the cameras are a bit better than that one. That looks to be a rebranded blackvue which we found didn’t fit A6 neatly. It would look horrendous mounted way below the rear view cluster like that

So skipped on the Audi DashCam, not great reviews of it for the price.

How did you find Dashcam.ie for the actual instalation?
    I'm conscious the A Pillar has the B&O speakers and possibly airbags?
    Would like a neat job wired to fuseboard.

My local mechanic could probably install for me too I'm guessing.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,158 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Budget is only 16 max 17

18k is still very strong money for an A6 approaching 7 years old, 21k was just comical. You can be sure the previous owner didn't get anywhere near as generous a trade-in value from the Audi dealer.

• Advertisement

The new one has serious tech, beautiful displays in it. And defo android auto

I can vouch for it having serious tech and beautiful displays, don't know myself in it compared to the 2000 ford focus I was driving!
    The B&O Sound System is unreal too, was a nice bonus to come with one we got. :)

rodge123 wrote: »
    I can vouch for it having serious tech and beautiful displays, don't know myself in it compared to the 2000 ford focus I was driving!
    The B&O Sound System is unreal too, was a nice bonus to come with one we got. :)

I've just freed up a right few quid from the sale of a 530d 2014. We still have the 2014 A6 S Line in the house with 45000 miles on it so although I amn't really coming up a huge jump like you from a 00 focus it's a jump I still want to make.
    But think it's a year away at least if not 2. Could do it but don't think I'd get the value for what it would cost to change at the moment from a 141 to an 182

B&0 would be lovely, nothing I'd pay for in a new car as its serious money but if I bide my time I will be able to really look out for the spec I want

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭bidiots

Not to stray but why did you sell your 530? Recent enough purchase

bidiots wrote: »
    Not to stray but why did you sell your 530? Recent enough purchase

I bought the 530 last summer then the missus passes her test and decided she wanted an a6 which we bought last December. But she never really used it much and I was switching between the 2 cars which I kinda liked for a while. In the end I had a buyer for good price for the 530 and the missus still loves her a6 she never drives so the 530 was the one to go. I didn't mind really.

We'll either go for a smaller 2nd car or keep the funds for changing a6 when the time is right but to be honest for now, 1 car is working out fine in my books.
    I'm a bit of a divil for always wanting to change but there's no need to at the moment, we know the A6 we have well and it's in great nick so we'll probably hang on to it once I keep my sensible hat on my head

guys what year did the black edition come on stream ?

• Advertisement

guys what year did the black edition come on stream ?

2013 I believe.

So looked at the car servicing options.

Would I be best going to a main Audi Dealer for few years while car is newish?

Car has 16,000kms on it currently, says another 14,000km before next Oil change.

That was probably setup based on driving profile of dealer manager using it?

Based on my driving, should I get Oil changed every 16,000km or 30,000km?
    Full inspection recommend every 30,000km.

My driving involves:
    - Six 40km trips a week of back roads / motorway / dublin rush hour
    - Four 200km motorway trips to Limerick a month.
    - About four random 6km shop tips a week.

I see they recommed differnt service plans depending on driving:
    https://www.audi.ie/ie/web/en/customer-area/audi-service/servicing-your-audi.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭Moanin

Just had a look at what my man has available this week the 131 manual s line is 15k estimate and 66k on clock
    The automatic is 141 with 59k on click for 17.5 k approx and is in lovely black

Has anyone any experience of the manual s line ?

Wife has a 11 Sline A6 (new shape) with almost 300k kms on the clock. Its still on the original clutch.

It's all down to personnel choice. For me I like autos but she like manuals

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Murt102

Budget is only 16 max 17

Bought my 2012 A6 S-line with 110k kms (68k miles) for €13k a couple of months ago... cant imagine that Audi dealer getting €18k for their one, not alone €21k :eek:

OP have you picked up your new Audi yet?

Murt102 wrote: »
    Bought my 2012 A6 S-line with 110k kms (68k miles) for €13k a couple of months ago... cant imagine that Audi dealer getting €18k for their one, not alone €21k :eek:

So there's a 7 year old for 13k with low mileage, my almost 5 year old with low mileage was 20k so for a 2013 which is bang in the middle 16-17k sounds about right.

It's about right on the car halving in value every 3 years too which I use as a guideline.

A6 S Line with a few extras was ballpark 55-60k list price so 27-30k for a 3 year old, then 14-15 for a 6 year old. A nice low miler in good nick you could probably justify 16k

Murt102 wrote: »

Sure have Murt - was a looooong trip back and forth to UK getting it...well worth it though! :)

Bought a load of cleaning / polishing / etc... products in Halfords too that should keep me going for year or two!

495778.JPG

495784.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Super looking motor. Well wear and enjoy.

Bought a 2013 black edition s line only 50000 miles on the clock full Audi service history etc.

With vrt got it for under 16k was all the spec etc I wanted so happy out.

Bought a 2013 black edition s line only 50000 miles on the clock full Audi service history etc.

With vrt got it for under 16k was all the spec etc I wanted so happy out.

Sounds about right price wise, I bought a 141 with 36k miles December 18 for 20k. Was S Line but not black edition, although I have it tinted and dechrome now.
    What colour is the car? Best of luck with it

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭SBPhoto

Car looks well RODGE 123 well ware, you have a lot of extras on it, and those wheels actually suits it. Daytona Grey was my second choice after the Glazier White, enjoy they are a great car on the road. don't forget to sign up to the Audi Connect, free for the first 3 years from new.

• Advertisement

SBPhoto wrote: »
    Car looks well RODGE 123 well ware, you have a lot of extras on it, and those wheels actually suits it. Daytona Grey was my second choice after the Glazier White, enjoy they are a great car on the road. don't forget to sign up to the Audi Connect, free for the first 3 years from new.

Thanks SB. Yeah the wheels have grown on me a little!
    Signed up to Audi connect yesterday but need to drop into an Irish Audi dealer to verify address before they will fully enable..dropping into naas next week.
    Got lucky with the extras alright, the B&O is unreal and wasn’t on my list of retirements. I’ve kinda suckered myself now, I’ll never be able to drive an ordinary low spec car again! 😄 (until we get rid of 00 focus in few years anyway!)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,933 ✭✭✭dodzy

Thanks SB. Yeah the wheels have grown on me a little!
    Signed up to Audi connect yesterday but need to drop into an Irish Audi dealer to verify address before they will fully enable..dropping into naas next week.
    Got lucky with the extras alright, the B&O is unreal and wasn’t on my list of retirements. I’ve kinda suckered myself now, I’ll never be able to drive an ordinary low spec car again! �� (until we get rid of 00 focus in few years anyway!)

I would not be leaving 30000kms between oil and filter servicing. Not a chance, despite ‘dealer recommendations’.

dodzy wrote: »
    I would not be leaving 30000kms between oil and filter servicing. Not a chance, despite ‘dealer recommendations’.

Really? What would you normally do?

Really? What would you normally do?

Every 10k on the diesel, max. Always have. It’s the life blood of the car. If someone is short of a few quid, oil and filter should take precedent over all the other stuff IMO. Obviously you’re in a nice new car and are keen to keep the genuine main dealer SH intact, which obviously adds to the cost compared to DIY or even Indy, but please don’t leave it for 30k, or every 18mths, at your projected mileage.

I used to have an Audi Quattro petrol and I’d oil change that every 6k miles. Different situation, granted, but I’ve always sided with ‘frequent’.

Gorgeous car by the way. Looks like the dash on the starship enterprise :)

And the wheels are grand.

Sounds about right price wise, I bought a 141 with 36k miles December 18 for 20k. Was S Line but not black edition, although I have it tinted and dechrome now.
    What colour is the car? Best of luck with it

Black looks the biz

Black looks the biz

Yeah I've black too. Looks classy with the black windows and trim. Transforms it from the chrome pack, hate that now even though it didn't bother me when I was buying it.

Every 10k on the diesel, max. Always have. It’s the life blood of the car. If someone is short of a few quid, oil and filter should take precedent over all the other stuff IMO. Obviously you’re in a nice new car and are keen to keep the genuine main dealer SH intact, which obviously adds to the cost compared to DIY or even Indy, but please don’t leave it for 30k, or every 18mths, at your projected mileage.

I used to have an Audi Quattro petrol and I’d oil change that every 6k miles. Different situation, granted, but I’ve always sided with ‘frequent’.

Main dealer SH? What’s SH?

Will have a chat with father in law too, he knows decent bit about cars..a lot more than me anyway!
    If doing more regular oil changes prolongs life of car then I’d defo do it, and would err on safe side too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Main dealer SH? What’s SH?
    Service History.

Black looks the biz

Only problem is it shows up every little ding, and I hate that part. If the black edition had a ‘full body bubble-wrap deployment system’ for car parks, I’d get one tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Just been reading up all sorts of articles on oil changes and a lot of conflicting views.
    Had a look at Audi docs and says this:

“ With the Audi LongLife Service schedule, sensors take account of driving style and conditions in which the vehicle is used to indicate when the Oil-change Service is required. Oil-change Service intervals are therefore variable and are conveniently indicated via the on-board service interval display.”

Based on that, the time to service should adjust based on my driving style compared to how dealer was driving?
    You’re saying you wouldn’t trust the system?

Advertisement