Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi A6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭bigdaddymac

Well yeah there is, my multitronic has a lot of modes and settings. Normal, sport, eco, semi automatic/manual using the gearstick to change up and down and also has the flappy paddles on steering wheel. So theres a bit in them. I assume s tronic is the same, some posters say its a smoother gearbox

Great be interested to know of any problems or does this cost more to service etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

Great be interested to know of any problems or does this cost more to service etc

There's no requirement for gearbox service as far as I'm aware. My car has only 70000 kms on it and there have been no problems at all, not sure if they are known to be problematic but I don't think so.

I paid 20k euro for a 141 this time last year with 60k kms on it just as a guide price for you, its an S Line too. I think I got a decent deal so 17k is probably about ballpark price for you

There's no requirement for gearbox service as far as I'm aware. My car has only 70000 kms on it and there have been no problems at all, not sure if they are known to be problematic but I don't think so.

I paid 20k euro for a 141 this time last year with 60k kms on it just as a guide price for you, its an S Line too. I think I got a decent deal so 17k is probably about ballpark price for you

My budget is 16k but I still need to still my 10 focus so might get the 1.5 k from that lol

My budget is 16k but I still need to still my 10 focus so might get the 1.5 k from that lol

You should get plenty more than 1.5k for a 10 focus providing its in decent shape.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,197 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Multitronic is an 8 speed CVT box, S-tronic is 7 speed dual clutch. Early multitronic gearboxes were very unreliable, the S-tronic is way superior but you might struggle to get one for 16k unless you go pre facelift 3.0 or Quattro.

• Advertisement

bazz26 wrote: »
    Multitronic is an 8 speed CVT box, S-tronic is 7 speed dual clutch. Early multitronic gearboxes were very unreliable, the S-tronic is way superior but you might struggle to get one for 16k unless you go pre facelift 3.0 or Quattro.

Yeah was shown a 141 with 59k on clock for 17.5k euro it’s automatic so considering the year is that s tronic?

Depends, 2014 would have been the year when the S-Tronic was starting to replace the old Multitronic on the 2.0 TDi version.

Depends, 2014 would have been the year when the S-Tronic was starting to replace the old Multitronic on the 2.0 TDi version.

Just had a look at what my man has available this week the 131 manual s line is 15k estimate and 66k on clock
    The automatic is 141 with 59k on click for 17.5 k approx and is in lovely black

Has anyone any experience of the manual s line ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭Azatadine

I had the 177 S-Line manual (2013) but found the pedals too close together and offset. Gave me pains driving it.

Changed to 20142 190 S-Tronic S-Line a couple of years ago and it's a far superior car to drive. Mine is the pre facelift and you can tell the S-Tronic by the tailpipes on either end of the back bumper compared to both together on the left hand side. I think the changeover happened in late 2014 so I'd say 20141 would be the 177 Multitronic.

I think the S-Line looks far nicer than the SE.

One other thing to be aware of is that there are 150 versions of the Ultra as well...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭dodzy

rodge123 wrote: »
    So it is brake dust and nothing to worry about? Common enough?

Happens to discs when car has not been driven, even for a couple of days, in damp conditions. Basically it’s the onset of rust on iron (the discs), and will be removed as soon as you drive the car. Totally normal.

• Advertisement

Azatadine wrote: »
    I had the 177 S-Line manual (2013) but found the pedals too close together and offset. Gave me pains driving it.

Changed to 20142 190 S-Tronic S-Line a couple of years ago and it's a far superior car to drive. Mine is the pre facelift and you can tell the S-Tronic by the tailpipes on either end of the back bumper compared to both together on the left hand side. I think the changeover happened in late 2014 so I'd say 20141 would be the 177 Multitronic.

I think the S-Line looks far nicer than the SE.

One other thing to be aware of is that there are 150 versions of the Ultra as well...

Cheers can’t tell if the model I’m interested is multitroninc or s tronic yet.

See online the the auto gearbox needs to be serviced every 39k miles?

Cheers can’t tell if the model I’m interested is multitroninc or s tronic yet.

See online the the auto gearbox needs to be serviced every 39k miles?

Have you seen any pictures of it?
    If there is a double exhaust pipe on one side (passenger side on mine) it's an older model, if there's one on each side it's a newer model. Other changes are very hard to spot unless you know them well. Rear lights are a bit different for example.

S-Tronic needs gearbox oil change every 39k miles.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Water2626262

The ultra (s tronic) came out in late 2014 just before a few months before the facelift. As other posters have said the difference is in the tailpipes. One either side indicates an ultra. There are plenty of high mileage multitronics for sale from that a6 era so maybe they are more reliable than the multi tronics of the past.

Drive the automatic and see. It’s worth any additional cost. Oil change every 39k miles is a small price to pay for the benefits. Also a manual A6 will be far less desirable than an auto when you sell it on or trade it in. I don’t think you can even get manual in a new a6 anymore.

Have you seen any pictures of it?
    If there is a double exhaust pipe on one side (passenger side on mine) it's an older model, if there's one on each side it's a newer model. Other changes are very hard to spot unless you know them well. Rear lights are a bit different for example.

The manual is the older model
    The automatic is the newer model

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Rover365

Just seen this thread and just wanted to add a comment on the tech package. I picked up a 162 a6 avant s line in the uk about 6 weeks ago. I was searching for the facelift model (late 14 on) and wanted the tech package. It wasnt a common upgrade but managed to find one in a colour i liked (daytona grey). Cost €23k on the road and very happy with it.

The tech package is definetly worth getting if you do longer journeys with the adaptive cruise control and lane keep assist. Also the wireless charging is very handy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭rodge123

So got a phone call from RAC about the completed report, they will email me detailed report tomorrow.
    Main things he noted:
    - Number of intermittent fault codes (Electronic Fuse Box & some others)
    - More permanent fault codes on passenger door.

He knit picking with those things above?

Generally good consideration otherwise, did say to call outstanding finance company to check it will be cleared.

Will talk to dealer tomorrow to see if they can address.

I'd imagine would be covered under warranty anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Scan any 3 year old VAG product and it'll be riddled with sporadic fault codes. I wouldnt let that in itself put me off buying it.

Scan any 3 year old VAG product and it'll be riddled with sporadic fault codes. I wouldnt let that in itself put me off buying it.

Called my local mechanic who does a good few Audi's and worked with main bmw dealer for years, he said pretty much same thing.
    Said to send him on report and he'll take a look but that it's kind of standard with modern cars to loads of these.
    Also said would be covered under warranty too anyway.

rodge123 wrote: »
    Called my local mechanic who does a good few Audi's and worked with main bmw dealer for years, he said pretty much same thing.
    Said to send him on report and he'll take a look but that it's kind of standard with modern cars to loads of these.
    Also said would be covered under warranty too anyway.

I havent had the A6 codes read yet as all ive done is oil change so far but its due a full service soon ill get them read. There's defo going to be one showing for the electronic handbrake and stop start system as the warning lights for these intermittently show on dash but are usually gone next time I start the car.
    My 530d which I would describe as in perfect condition is riddled with fault codes that never affected day to day driving... As was every BMW I had up to now. Trust my mechanic and he said nothing to worry about.
    I assume all makes and models are the same in this regard.

• Advertisement

So small scuff and some staining to driver seat.
    Have asked them to address before i collect....waiting for response.
    Asked to look at fault codes too but not too worried about them.
    The seat stain would bother if they cant at least reduce it significantly. I'm nearly sure it wasnt there where video of car sent to me.

495109.png

495108.png

Fault codes:
    CAN GATEWAY
    Fault Codes
    528129 (Intermittent)
    U140B00 Energy Management Active (Intermittent)

ELECTRONIC FUSEBOX / DISTRIBUTION PANEL
    Fault Codes
    405507 (Intermittent)

PASSENGER DOOR MODULE
    Fault Codes
    196677 (Present)
    196709 (Present)

Is there any way to mirror phone on Audi A6 MMI? It's a 2014 and the MMI is defo showing its age on the car, about the only thing that is to be fair.

It would be good to have Google maps on the MMI to be honest, the Audi sat nav isn't great. Wouldn't be something I'd spend a huge amount on but if there was something I'd look at it

I have Audi Connect on mine so I can use a SIM card and use google maps on it (MMI).

Gives me traffic alerts and so on. Also allows me to send destinations from the MyAudi app on the phone rather than faffing around with the clunky in built sat nav.

Azatadine wrote: »
    I have Audi Connect on mine so I can use a SIM card and use google maps on it (MMI).

Gives me traffic alerts and so on. Also allows me to send destinations from the MyAudi app on the phone rather than faffing around with the clunky in built sat nav.

Is that a factory extra?
    I assume it would be expensive to get fitted?

Is that a factory extra?
    I assume it would be expensive to get fitted?

Yeah, it came with the car. I wouldn't bother paying much to add it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭MICKEYG

I thought all cars had android auto at this stage.
    The rental Chevrolet I got in September had it so very surprised Audi don't.

MICKEYG wrote: »
    I thought all cars had android auto at this stage.
    The rental Chevrolet I got in September had it so very surprised Audi don't.

My car is almost 6 years old it wasn't standard in 2014 anyway

Why give it away when you can charge for it? It's still not standard on plenty of brands.

Why give it away when you can charge for it? It's still not standard on plenty of brands.

True. The Audi way unfortunately. And many others

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭MICKEYG

My car is almost 6 years old it wasn't standard in 2014 anyway

My bad, sorry, thought you were talking about a new A6

Advertisement