Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi A6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭limnam

rodge123 wrote: »
    Dont suppose you have any details on exactly what they got? Link to car or dealer?
    Did the dealer give discount on advertised price?

A good place to look for Audi's is is Audi dealerships in the uk

If you go to one of them they usually advertise all the stock for each of the audi dealers.

Most dealers in the UK price the cars "correctly" so there's not a huge amount of wiggle room.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭rodge123

limnam wrote: »

If you go to one of them they usually advertise all the stock for each of the audi dealers.

Most dealers in the UK price the cars "correctly" so there's not a huge amount of wiggle room.[/quote

Yeah a friend of mine bought up north and was told the price is the price and no budging. Wasn’t sure if they knew he was eager or they just price them correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭logie101

Most dealers in the UK price the cars "correctly" so there's not a huge amount of wiggle room.

Look at Autotrader.co.uk. Only look at main Audi dealers. 2019 cars ex demo just make sure they are over 6months/6k KM VRT criteria.
    Great value to be had. Anything around £27-28000 should equate to €30k. Then allow €8k VRT.

Not much movement or discount in price maybe €500. Really depends on multiple factors. Obliviously you need to be a a cash buyer or have arranged your own finance.
    The Audi warranty will transfer.

logie101 wrote: »
    Look at Autotrader.co.uk. Only look at main Audi dealers. 2019 cars ex demo just make sure they are over 6months/6k KM VRT criteria.
    Great value to be had. Anything around £27-28000 should equate to €30k. Then allow €8k VRT.

Not much movement or discount in price maybe €500. Really depends on multiple factors. Obliviously you need to be a a cash buyer or have arranged your own finance.
    The Audi warranty will transfer.

Looking at €32k for £28k at current exchange rate plus 8k vrt and id be in budget.

Don’t see any way to filter by main Audi dealers on autotrader?

What do mean by make sure over 6 months/6k vrt criteria?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

Can anyone tell me why a 2018/2019 A6 is so much cheaper in UK than in Ireland

The answer can't be much to do do with vrt as it is levied at new price less some small depreciation on a used car

It can't really be down to exchange rates either as Audi is German and if they want a certain euro price to supply cars to UK dealers the STG price must increase to cover this which then pushes price back up for euro customers

I don't doubt that they are cheaper, they obviously are, its just I don't understand the fundamentals

It could be that cars depreciate faster in UK or manufacturers supply dealers for lower price, or dealers make less of a margin.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭logie101

The answer can't be much to do do with vrt as it is levied at new price less some small depreciation on a used car

It can't really be down to exchange rates either as Audi is German and if they want a certain euro price to supply cars to UK dealers the STG price must increase to cover this which then pushes price back up for euro customers

I don't doubt that they are cheaper, they obviously are, its just I don't understand the fundamentals

It could be that cars depreciate faster in UK or manufacturers supply dealers for lower price, or dealers make less of a margin.....

A number of reasons. Irish Audi dealers are a rip off and diesel cars are taking a beating in the UK. The UK are moving quicker away from diesel than we are.
    Other factor is the UK is a much bigger market so great number if second hand cars.

Looking at €32k for £28k at current exchange rate plus 8k vrt and id be in budget.

Don’t see any way to filter by main Audi dealers on autotrader?

What do mean by make sure over 6 months/6k vrt criteria?

Thanks

If the car is less than 6 months you need to pay VAT.

I've a 151 A6 2.0 TDI Ultra S-Line Black edition. Bought up north for stg£20k roughly, with 26k miles on the clock (42k km). Bought it last year, so it was 3 yrs old at that stage. Absolutely love it. Even with VRT etc. I reckon it was almost €7k cheaper than buying it down here. Send me a PM if you've any questions or want to see pics or anything.

The only reason I'd ever consider getting rid is if I was upgrading to a newer model. I'd love to hold it for another year, sell it for around the €20k mark and import a 181 version for a couple of grand extra. I'd like to know how much I'd really get for it, it would be interesting to see what a garage would offer vs what they would try sell it for.

A similar one is up for over €28k at the moment.

I disagree about the Avant version though, I think they look like hearses or something, awful looking yokes.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

Can anyone advise on how NI dealers view trade ins from the Republic? My 2010 A6 was originally imported from the UK by the previous owner so it is UK friendly in that respect (mph rather than kph)

I've a 151 A6 2.0 TDI Ultra S-Line Black edition. Bought up north for stg£20k roughly, with 26k miles on the clock (42k km). Bought it last year, so it was 3 yrs old at that stage. Absolutely love it. Even with VRT etc. I reckon it was almost €7k cheaper than buying it down here. Send me a PM if you've any questions or want to see pics or anything.

The only reason I'd ever consider getting rid is if I was upgrading to a newer model. I'd love to hold it for another year, sell it for around the €20k mark and import a 181 version for a couple of grand extra. I'd like to know how much I'd really get for it, it would be interesting to see what a garage would offer vs what they would try sell it for.

A similar one is up for over €28k at the moment.

I disagree about the Avant version though, I think they look like hearses or something, awful looking yokes.

How much did you pay in euro for it?
    I bought a 141 S Line 2.0tdi in Nov 2018 (1 owner, Black edition, auto, immaculate condition, 59k kms) for 20k euro from an Irish dealer, not a main dealer though. Was listed for 22k. The car was 4 years and 8 months old. Originally a UK car, but registered in Ireland in summer 2014.
    So a 151 up for sale now for 28k seems very steep compared to what I paid. Only difference is mine isn't an ultra but can't see that accounting for huge difference.
    For what it's worth, it now has 70k kms and I was offered 13k as a trade in on a 181 530e.
    And I was offered 25k for it against a full price 60k new model A6. I'd imagine you are in around 20k mark now for your car on a private sale.

Edit: just saw the very low miles on the one you linked, that will keep value up. But still think they will struggle to sell it for 28k. Maybe 24

• Advertisement

If the car is less than 6 months you need to pay VAT.

Ohhhhh thanks for that, that would have been a nasty shock on the wallet!

And pay Vat if less than 6k km too?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,158 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Can anyone advise on how NI dealers view trade ins from the Republic? My 2010 A6 was originally imported from the UK by the previous owner so it is UK friendly in that respect (mph rather than kph)

They will probably just sell it back to a Southern dealer. Most don't want the hassle of registering it on UK plates unless it's something rare or very valuable.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,336 ✭✭✭bladespin

bazz26 wrote: »
    Just to give you more insight into the depreciation of big executive saloons, here is a 2018 example for 10k less again:

https://www.carsireland.ie/detail.php?ad_id=2350621&r=s.php%3Fm%3D7%26o%3D45%26r%3D2018%26pp%3D50%26g%3D0

Strange, badged as 4.0 yet ad states 2l??? Want though, pity BIK isn't on purchase instead of list :(

It's badged 40tdi, not 4.0 tdi
    It's Audis new badging system and to do with the bhp, anything between 180 and 210 bhp is 40tdi or something like that, below that they have 30tdi and 35tdi and up above I've seen 50tdi and 55tdi depending on which band of bhp it's in

It's Audi's new stupid badge system which is related to engine output.

It's badged 40tdi, not 4.0 tdi
    It's Audis new badging system and to do with the bhp, anything between 180 and 210 bhp is 40tdi or something like that, below that they have 30tdi and 35tdi and up above I've seen 50tdi and 55tdi depending on which band of bhp it's in

Aww, changed my mind now, that's just a sad system of badging, talk about wannabe, bad enough if it's the driver but the car as well :rolleyes:

Yeah it's a stupid system, no idea what it's trying to achieve. Wouldn't stop me buying one, but I probably would debadge it as you're not the first person I've seen to think it's a 4 litre, I'd say explaining it would be a pain in the hole

Yeah it's a stupid system, no idea what it's trying to achieve. Wouldn't stop me buying one, but I probably would debadge it as you're not the first person I've seen to think it's a 4 litre, I'd say explaining it would be a pain in the hole

Yeah, and there was me mighty impressed with the auld fella across from me on the m50 this morning, thought it read 5.0, thinking Audi V8 awesomeness!

Not I'm thinking something else :p

Anyone know if it's possible to get the Technology Pack installed on a used A6 that doesn't have it? Would it cost same 3k as adding when new car?

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Water2626262

Could be to do with regs. C 2.4m regs in UK. Ireland is what 160k? Huge fleet market too with massive competition across the various brands including Audi.

• Advertisement

Anyone know if it's possible to get the Technology Pack installed on a used A6 that doesn't have it? Would it cost same 3k as adding when new car?

Not worth it imo, would probably cost more than that to get it retrofitted and it's money you will never get back. Would be cheaper to just wait for the right one with it to pop up.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Murt102

https://usedcars.audi.co.uk/usedcar/audi/a6/a6-saloon/diesel/url-1_31-list.htm#/i/s|10,AAAP|92,D|1070,2018/l|12,1,PRICE_SALE,U

Here are all the UK Audi dealers that are selling diesel Audi A6’s between 2018 & 2019. Loads to choose from!

(Use a random postal code when searching, i used E16AN)

-

Edit; https://usedcars.audi.co.uk/usedcar/audi/a6/a6-saloon/diesel/automatic/204bhp-front-wheel-drive-grey-1_GBR00298918004.htm#/i/s|10,AAAP|92,D|1024,51.51901,-0.07806,800,RTEgNkFOLCBCcnVzaGZpZWxkIFN0cmVldCwgU3BpdGFsZmllbGRzLCBMb25kb24sIEdyZWF0ZXIgTG9uZG9uLCBFbmdsYW5k|1070,2019/l|12,6,PRICE_SALE,U here is exactly what you’re looking for, although it’ll have to stay in the UK for another four weeks before being brought over. Anyone have any idea what VRT would be like on these?

I assume cruise control comes as standard and Assisted Cruise Control (ACC) is an extra?

What are people's thoughts on Options they would definitely look for?
    My current must have is 'Tech Pack'.
    Turns out quite a few that have my Tech pack also have mixture of 'Comfort & Sound Pack', 'Matrix LED headlights', etc...

Have a test drive of an 204 S Line arranged for next weekend.

I assume cruise control comes as standard and Assisted Cruise Control (ACC) is an extra?

What are people's thoughts on Options they would definitely look for?
    My current must have is 'Tech Pack'.
    Turns out quite a few that have my Tech pack also have mixture of 'Comfort & Sound Pack', 'Matrix LED headlights', etc...

Have a test drive of an 204 S Line arranged for next weekend.

What's in the tech pack that's not standard you want so badly? ;)

What's in the tech pack that's not standard you want so badly? ;)

I’ve been having wet dreams about the virtual cockpit the last few nights!

I’ve been having wet dreams about the virtual cockpit the last few nights!

:pac:

The standard cockpit is pretty shexy :)

Get the tech pack, it's a must have on that car and I wouldn't often say that about optional extras. An S Line is pretty well specced and ordinarily I would be happy with no extras but the tech pack gives me the horn too.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭SBPhoto

As an owner of a 2018 A6 C8 the Tech Pack which gives the Virtual Cockpit and Bigger Middle Screen is a very nice extra to have, I bought a UK Demo Model from Audi which had only 4200mls on it through a Dealer who done all the paper work on it. Its an SLine Model which have Matrix LED Lights as standard (There Brilliant) also has electric seats which the Irish Model doesn't have. Lot a nice extras like the heat comes on instantly on a cold morning, Lovely spread of power on the 40TDI and very good fuel economy.
    Love the car and cant fine any fault after putting nearly 20,000k on it. Much nicer car in every way than the previous model C7 which i traded in.

SBPhoto wrote: »
    As an owner of a 2018 A6 C8 the Tech Pack which gives the Virtual Cockpit and Bigger Middle Screen is a very nice extra to have, I bought a UK Demo Model from Audi which had only 4200mls on it through a Dealer who done all the paper work on it. Its an SLine Model which have Matrix LED Lights as standard (There Brilliant) also has electric seats which the Irish Model doesn't have. Lot a nice extras like the heat comes on instantly on a cold morning, Lovely spread of power on the 40TDI and very good fuel economy.
    Love the car and cant fine any fault after putting nearly 20,000k on it. Much nicer car in every way than the previous model C7 which i traded in.

How many miles would you get on a full tank ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭SBPhoto

Between 1200k and 1380k depending on the driving, long journey recently i got the 1380k on a tank. averages between 1200 and 1300k per tank.

Advertisement