Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi A6

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭SBPhoto

For what its worth i get mine serviced every 20,000K approx. Dealer has me on the 30,000k service interval as i do about 25k a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,933 ✭✭✭dodzy

rodge123 wrote: »
    You’re saying you wouldn’t trust the system?

People a lot smarter than I made the system.....but I’ve serviced many cars over my life and frequent oil servicing has always been a priority of mine. I just thing 30000kms is pushing it too far. For the sake of €70, I prefer to do it every 10k.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

I agree, keep a nice car regularly serviced. A newish a6 is a complex machine and won't be long biting you in the ass if you don't look after it, If you want to cut costs the bangernomics thread is that way........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭rodge123

dodzy wrote: »
    People a lot smarter than I made the system.....but I’ve serviced many cars over my life and frequent oil servicing has always been a priority of mine. I just thing 30000kms is pushing it too far. For the sake of €70, I prefer to do it every 10k.

So think I'll get an extra oil change in between (15,000km) every long life service (30,000km currently), that should be playing it safe?

Only thing is why on earth would Audi Nass tell me they only do long life services - like why would they turn down me asking them to do an oil change half way through each long life service?

Any issue going to my local mechanic to get the in between oil changes done for a nearly new car still in warranty?
    Should I be getting a specific oil?

Talking about Oil changes, Not 100% sure but I thought Oil level was higher than current level when I bought it (1,600km done since).

Would Oil level usually be at the max when brand new?

It a known issue that Audi burn a little oil?

Current level after 16,000km total.
    496208.JPG

• Advertisement

What does My Audi say, i had to put a litre of oil in mine at12,000K. Have 23k on it now and no need of any oil since, will be going in for service shortly. One thins i would recommended getting is a spacesaver spare wheel, got one myself after getting a puncture shortly after getting the car, that foam that comes to repair the puncture is useless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

Isn't max oil something like 6 litres and minimum oil 5 litres? So you may have just lost half a litre or something small, although the gauge makes it look like its half empty, but it's not, it's misleading that picture . That's what my mechanic said to me anyway.
    My c7 went down to minimum one time I panicked I thought it meant empty but wasn't, there was still loads in it. Got oil service a few days later anyway

SBPhoto wrote: »
    What does My Audi say, i had to put a litre of oil in mine at12,000K. Have 23k on it now and no need of any oil since, will be going in for service shortly. One thins i would recommended getting is a spacesaver spare wheel, got one myself after getting a puncture shortly after getting the car, that foam that comes to repair the puncture is useless.

Haven’t been able to activate myAudi yet as have to verify address, weekend hopefully.

Yeah was hoping to get a space saver wheel and appears to be some sort of template in place currently that can be take out and wheel put in?

Here is email reply I got back from a main dealer today when I asked about buying a space saver wheel!

“Unfortunately your vehicle does not have the space for a spare wheel in the boot area and we can only order and supply whatever the vehicle left the factory with ( in your case a tyre inflation kit).”

Be fine to have my local mechanic do an oil change for me lads?
    Hes very honest and seems to know his stuff.

What sort of oil should I top up with and also what should he put in it? (I won’t need to top up for moment if he’s doing an oil change for me)

I’ll bring it in for long life service at 30000km so should use the Audi long life oil?

Personnelly i would get the car serviced in Main Dealer while under warranty, you will also be entered into the Audi Goodwill programme after the warranty expires. €200approx service a year is not bad for a 60k car

• Advertisement

Personnelly i would get the car serviced in Main Dealer while under warranty, you will also be entered into the Audi Goodwill programme after the warranty expires. €200approx service a year is not bad for a 60k car

What’s the goodwill program?
    Quoted 220 for oil only change.

If go all audi dealer then looking at 220 after 8 months (15000km) and long life service 8 months later (30000km) at 380.

So 450 a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭bigdaddymac

any idea how yo update the sat nav?

any idea how yo update the sat nav?
    What year is the A6?

What year is the A6?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,158 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The sat nav maps on them is stored on a SD memory card inserted into a SD slot in the centre console or glove box. If you search the web there are probably lots of ways to copy the latest maps to a SD memory card and insert it. The alternative is to buy a SD memory card with the maps pre-installed online or more expensively from an Audi dealer.

bazz26 wrote: »
    The sat nav maps on them is stored on a SD memory card inserted into a SD slot in the centre console or glove box. If you search the web there are probably lots of ways to copy the latest maps to a SD memory card and insert it. The alternative is to buy a SD memory card with the maps pre-installed online or more expensively from an Audi dealer.

is it a hard job to do?

• Subscribers Posts: 16,568 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

bazz26 wrote: »

I think that depends on whether you have the tech pack or not, tech pack cars don’t have the maps on sd cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭badboyblast

I have a 2012 audi A6 and it has very bad water ingress in boot area that is ruining the boot lights.

Advertisement