Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi A6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭Azatadine

SBPhoto wrote: »
    Love the car and cant fine any fault after putting nearly 20,000k on it. Much nicer car in every way than the previous model C7 which i traded in.

How is the driver legroom? I find the offset on the pedals in the C7 a real pain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

Azatadine wrote: »
    How is the driver legroom? I find the offset on the pedals in the C7 a real pain.

Is that in a manual car?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭Azatadine

Is that in a manual car?

No, auto. There is a significant ingress into the driver leg area from the transmission tunnel (to accommodate quattro I assume). Its atrocious altogether on the manual cars but still noticeable on auto models too. If it's no better on the C8, it would prevent me from buying one. The accelerator pedal is pushed right out to the edge (offset) on the C7 too.

Bothers some people and not others.

No, auto. There is a significant ingress into the driver leg area from the transmission tunnel (to accommodate quattro I assume). Its atrocious altogether on the manual cars but still noticeable on auto models too. If it's no better on the C8, it would prevent me from buying one. The accelerator pedal is pushed right out to the edge (offset) on the C7 too.

Bothers some people and not others.

Yeah not something I've noticed myself but mine isn't a quattro I didn't realise they were different.
    Ive read a lot of people complain about offset pedals in different cars I've had over the years, maybe it's just something that doesn't bother me at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭SBPhoto

Never bothered me to be honest, didn't find any problem either in the C7 or C8 both are automatics, also don't find any lag in the auto

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭rodge123

Little confused by the suspension options, been googling and there appear to be 4 but all are referred to by different phrases and names on various sites!
    Could someone explain the two options available on the s line and how they affect car? 10mm or 20mm lower. Etc...

For example found an s line and it mentions it has “sports suspension” in spec:
    - S line Sports package
    - Sport suspension

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

With all the bargains ye are throwing up, I think I paid over the odds for my 2012 A6 I purchased 2 months ago for €14,500.
    A6 Sline 2012
    2.0l tdi
    75k miles(full Audi history)
    Technology Pack
    Lighting Pack
    Black Edition grill
    Black headliner
    Ash grain interior trim
    20" TTRS alloys

rodge123 wrote: »
    Little confused by the suspension options, been googling and there appear to be 4 but all are referred to by different phrases and names on various sites!
    Could someone explain the two options available on the s line and how they affect car? 10mm or 20mm lower. Etc...

For example found an s line and it mentions it has “sports suspension” in spec:
    - S line Sports package
    - Sport suspension

So getting from this TopGear review.
    There are four different suspension options – which one you get (or are allowed to specify) depends on the engine and trim level you’ve chosen. Besides the standard, steel springs there’s ‘Sports Suspension’ (a bit stiffer, lowers the body by 20mm), ‘Suspension with Damper Control’ (adds adaptive dampers and a 10mm drop from standard) and the top-of-the-line ‘Adaptive Air Suspension’.

So I'm assuming a S Line with Sports Suspension added lowers standard S Line by 20mm.
    Is the S Line lower than SE before any Sports Suspension added?

Suppose my concern is the potholes around country roads as well as ramps in local town if too low to ground, as well as kerbs.

EDIT:
    And looking at Audi options doc I see the following!
    Sport suspension, with stiffer spring and damper settings for more direct contact with the road and sportier handling; with
    vehicle lowered by 10 mm compared with standard suspension; shock absorbers and coil springs on the front and rear axles.

Lord Nikon wrote: »
    With all the bargains ye are throwing up, I think I paid over the odds for my 2012 A6 I purchased 2 months ago for €14,500.
    A6 Sline 2012
    2.0l tdi
    75k miles(full Audi history)
    Technology Pack
    Lighting Pack
    Black Edition grill
    Black headliner
    Ash grain interior trim
    20" TTRS alloys

Mine was on sale for 22k but I got it for 20k on the button when I bought it on December 2018.
    So it was a 4 year old soon to become a 5 year old, so decide yourself if you think you overpaid or not

S Line 141

2.0 tdi and automatic

36k miles

Black leather interior

Immaculate I still haven't been able to find a scratch on it

Got it tinted and dechromed around windows and grilles myself so it looks like black edition now except for wheels, but the 18 inch wheels are still nice so not upgrading.

Black headliner

Aluminium interior trim

Doesn't have tech pack (is this the upgraded dials and infotainment screen)

Not sure about lighting pack

Mine was on sale for 22k but I got it for 20k on the button when I bought it on December 2018.
    So it was a 4 year old soon to become a 5 year old, so decide yourself if you think you overpaid or not

S Line 141

2.0 tdi and automatic

36k miles

Black leather interior

Got it tinted and dechromed around windows and grilles myself so it looks like black edition now except for wheels, but the 18 inch wheels are still nice so not upgrading.

Black headliner

Aluminium interior trim

Was that from the UK you got it reduced from 22k to 20k?

Didn't realize you could get the windows dechromed, think I'd prefer them without the chrome too.
    Is this a cheap / simple job for dealer to do?

• Advertisement

Was that from the UK you got it reduced from 22k to 20k?

Didn't realize you could get the windows dechromed, think I'd prefer them without the chrome too.
    Is this a cheap / simple job for dealer to do?

No, Irish dealer. Used car place. Was end of year in fairness I knew he'd want rid of it.

You can replace the chrome window surrounds and grille with oem audi ones I would imagine but I just got mine wrapped by the same guy that tinted my windows. So looks like the top spec s line black edition now without the wheels, but I like the wheels I have anyway so all good.

Was much cheaper than going near dealer anyway!

Does look much better, my car is black coloured too so all in all looks good.

No, Irish dealer. Used car place. Was end of year in fairness I knew he'd want rid of it.

You can replace the chrome window surrounds and grille with oem audi ones I would imagine but I just got mine wrapped by the same guy that tinted my windows. So looks like the top spec s line black edition now without the wheels, but I like the wheels I have anyway so all good.

Was much cheaper than going near dealer anyway!

Does look much better, my car is black coloured too so all in all looks good.

Emailing back and forth with an Audi dealer in UK.
    Car has most things we want except privacy rear windows, not mad about the alloys either (Not the standard S-Line ones).

According to dealer
    - Alloys wheel can’t be changed by Audi but I think you can do it throw 3rd party. (strange Audi dealer does'nt do this?)
    - Chrome Side strips can changed to black again by 3rd party
    - You can also add privacy glass from 3rd party and they are quite cheap to do so. (Like you mentioned, strange Audi dealer does'nt do this?)

Would making any of these changes with 3rd party affect any remaining manufacture warranty I wonder?
    How do the tinting windows work? New glass or put something on it? Will it peel if so?

Emailing back and forth with an Audi dealer in UK.
    Car has most things we want except privacy rear windows, not mad about the alloys either (Not the standard S-Line ones).

According to dealer
    - Alloys wheel can’t be changed by Audi but I think you can do it throw 3rd party. (strange Audi dealer does'nt do this?)
    - Chrome Side strips can changed to black again by 3rd party
    - You can also add privacy glass from 3rd party and they are quite cheap to do so. (Like you mentioned, strange Audi dealer does'nt do this?)

Would making any of these changes with 3rd party affect any remaining manufacture warranty I wonder?
    How do the tinting windows work? New glass or put something on it? Will it peel if so?

Yeah it's cheap to do.... My car is a 141 and out of manufacturer warranty so didn't worry about that. Its technically modified now for insurance I suppose but I didn't do anything about it. It's nct legal I was assured anyway.
    Dealerships don't really do any bodywork stuff, they sub that out. I'm surprised they didn't take the opportunity to sub it out and take a cut though, but maybe they just aren't into it.

Tinting windows is just a darker film on top of film that's already there, not new glass at all. Not sure if original film is removed or not.
    Looks great though and mine certainly hasn't blistered or peeled

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Austin1

Folks any advice on this 1.8 petrol A6?

https://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/audi/a6/fpa/201904026522909?SOURCE_ID=SOURCE_ID_FPA_FROM_FEAT_LIST

I test drove a brand new BMW 330E and totally fell under its spell - amazing car to drive (especially coming from a 2011 Renault Fluence!) but my head is screaming that I'd be crazy to drop over €50K on a 3 series and that's net of the €7500 VRT/SEAI rebate.

Test drove the Audi today and I was very impressed. Pleasantly surprised that a 1.8 engine did not feel sluggish at all.

I'm hoping to bargain them down to my target price. It's been for sale for a while, probably because its petrol (diesel doesn't suit me anymore as I'm currently doing low mileage)

Is there anything I should look out for?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,179 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

It's overpriced. If you were trying to trade that in they would be giving you a fraction of that asking price for it and telling you there is no market for such a car here.

You can get a 530e for similar money:

https://www.carsireland.ie/detail.php?ad_id=2406441&r=s.php%3Fm%5B%5D%3D10%26o%5B%5D%3D87%26f%3D8%26yn%3D2018%26yx%3D2018%26g%3D0
    https://www.carsireland.ie/detail.php?ad_id=2422404&r=s.php%3Fm%5B%5D%3D10%26o%5B%5D%3D87%26f%3D8%26yn%3D2018%26yx%3D2018%26g%3D0

Or if you don't have a trade in then import one, the VRT is low on them due to the PHEV rebate.

Austin1 wrote: »

https://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/audi/a6/fpa/201904026522909?SOURCE_ID=SOURCE_ID_FPA_FROM_FEAT_LIST

I test drove a brand new BMW 330E and totally fell under its spell - amazing car to drive (especially coming from a 2011 Renault Fluence!) but my head is screaming that I'd be crazy to drop over €50K on a 3 series and that's net of the €7500 VRT/SEAI rebate.

Test drove the Audi today and I was very impressed. Pleasantly surprised that a 1.8 engine did not feel sluggish at all.

I'm hoping to bargain them down to my target price. It's been for sale for a while, probably because its petrol (diesel doesn't suit me anymore as I'm currently doing low mileage)

I'd say it's a lovely car with that 1.8 TFSi engine, I have the 2.0 tdi and it's a lovely car to be in no doubt. However, as bazz said the 530e which is a generation ahead is probably better value. The A6 although still a class car is an end of life model with an 18 plate and should be priced lower. What's your target price? Look at the A6 that replaced it too.... Nicer than 5 series in my opinion and I've been BMW man all my life

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭MICKEYG

Do any of the new model A6 cars come with low VRT? I don't see any hybrids in the range.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭Comhrá

MICKEYG wrote: »
    Do any of the new model A6 cars come with low VRT? I don't see any hybrids in the range.

Just announced......

https://www.completecar.ie/car-news/article/9553/Audi-shows-off-plug-in-hybrid-A6

Anyone know what’s the story with manufacturers warranty if I buy approved used Audi from UK? Registered there March this year.

Would the remaining 2 years be fully covered in Irish Audi dealers?

Think I seen something online about only first 2 years parts been covered and would have to bring over to uk for a 3rd year problem.

Comhra wrote: »

From that article:
    Audi A6 55 TFSIe quattro gets 53km on a full charge.

Shurely, shome mishtake, mish Moneypenny?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Austin1 wrote: »

Be very careful, many dealers want double of afar they’d give you for the car the next morning if you bought it ! Many people losing a bloody fortune on 50k bmws!

Negotiating with a dealer in UK currently, only thing I'm not 100% on is the Alloys on car.

They are the Dynamic arm 5 dynamic.
    I'd prefer the 5 twin spoke that come with s line as standard.

Says he cant do anything about that, was hoping he might swap them with another s line they have.

Is what I'm asking for a reasonable request or not really a done thing?

Cant seem to find any oem ones online to get a price for changing when we got car, suspect very expensive!

494506.png

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Negotiating with a dealer in UK currently, only thing I'm not 100% on is the Alloys on car.

Says he cant do anything about that, was hoping he might swap them with another s line they have.

Cant seem to find any oem ones online to get a price for changing when we got car, suspect very expensive!

494506.png

Can you get them over there cheaper with weak sterling ? Or just sell ones currently on car over here or put new ones on and store the ones currently on it and sell the new ones separately when selling car

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

494506.png

Chances are any dealer who changes the alloys for you is putting on reps also, better of buying with the genuine and sourcnig second hand genuine wheels when you get the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Murt102

You’d definitely get a set of alloys on DoneDeal , just keep your eyes peeled. Ive bought many sets of genuine alloys on DoneDeal, and vice versa. Always people changing alloys.

Any link to the car?

Murt102 wrote: »
    You’d definitely get a set of alloys on DoneDeal , just keep your eyes peeled. Ive bought many sets of genuine alloys on DoneDeal, and vice versa. Always people changing alloys.

Any link to the car?

Car here.

Hoping to go over to get it next week.
    Need to figure out few things
    - They sent me Audi Approved report. How can I tell Audi 149 point report is authentic / legit (Do Audi UK have records of these I can cross reference?)
    - Should I get an RAC / AA / Other to do a full check on car also?
    - Any other checks I should do?

As for alloys, based on your and other answers I'll wait and keep look out for them over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

S Line 141

2.0 tdi and automatic

36k miles

Black leather interior

Black headliner

Aluminium interior trim

The Tech Pack has :
    larger 8" screen
    SIM card option
    Satnav on the instrument cluster
    Small touch screen beside the gearstick
    2 SD card slots
    Instrument cluster screen shows more info.

Lighting Pack :
    Footwell lights(front and rear)
    Door trim lighting strips
    Internal door release handle lights
    External door handle lights
    All internal light bulbs are LED

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

They sent me Audi Approved report. How can I tell Audi 149 point report is authentic / legit (Do Audi UK have records of these I can cross reference?).

You're buying from an Audi dealer.

Jesus those wheels are cat:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,950 ✭✭✭dodzy

Lovely car. Will be far nicer with a set of cortina fitted ;)

https://www.oponeo.ie/alloy-wheel-detail/oz-cortina-9-00x19-5x112-00-et45-00#21119915

• Advertisement

dodzy wrote: »
    Lovely car. Will be far nicer with a set of cortina fitted ;)

https://www.oponeo.ie/alloy-wheel-detail/oz-cortina-9-00x19-5x112-00-et45-00#21119915

Yeah they are much nicer, wheels will have to wait a while though as pushing budget to the limit with car purchase!

Advertisement